Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

50 minutes ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:

Well, Dizzy is a being of innocence and pure love. I guess she did that to protect people. No big logic there :v:

Plus, Ky is spearheading Human-Gear coexistence.

11 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Plus, Ky is spearheading Human-Gear coexistence.

This perfect family environment gets broken by the idiot Sin and the grumpy Sol.

8 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

This perfect family environment gets broken by the idiot Sin and the grumpy Sol.

It's not the boy's fault! His gra-err, tutor is a lazy asshole!

2 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Sol's over a hundred years old, after all the shit that's happened to him he's earned the right to not give a damn.

Being an asshole that (until recently) didn't learned shit from his own mistakes (and actually having his big ego shattered by Ky's lecture in Xrd Sign) isn't justified at all.

52 minutes ago, churchblue said:

I wonder if Sol knew Dizzy was his and Justice's, but didn't want to think about it.

He knew that she was Justice's daughter, but not knowing that Aria was Justice, he likely didn't realize she was also his until after Jack-O revealed the truth. He does seem to not wanna talk about it yet, though.

I think the implications were too much for Sol to take in all at once. He finds out he has a daughter, so now he's suddenly a dad. That daughter is married to a guy he doesn't necessarily get along with, and their runt kid who he thought of as an apprentice is actually his grandson. Yep that's a lot to take in. 

2 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Since I seemed to miss this, who is Jack O supposed to be? Why is she important?

She's a "core dump" of Aria/Justice. She has parts of Aria's memories as well as her face. That Man wants her to merge with Justice.

Spoiler

And she merges with Justice, becoming Aria. So "Jack-O'" kinda sorta doesn't exist anymore.

I thought Sol always knew Dizzy was possibly his daughter given Dizzy ending in XX when you beat I-No in story mode.

Sent from my Z813 using Tapatalk

XX and AC are in a weird state of limbo because only bits and pieces of their stories appear to be canon, though all characters who made their first appearance in XX/AC do appear to still be canon. The fact that Daisuke had no direct involvement in writing XX's story might have something to do with this but I'm not sure. Worth noting that XX and AC are both completely omitted from the official timeline used as Xrd's prologue on official websites.

Omitted? More like those events don't really matter in a significant way. I once heard XX and AC were counted as Gaidens (shit that happened but have no real relevance so the overall plot, other than introducing some chars)

If XX and AC were omitted, maybe Dizzy wouldn't have left with Ky. Also, Venom may not have made peace with (and forgiven) Millia. Along with a bunch of other stuff that may not have happened.

6 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

If XX and AC were omitted, maybe Dizzy wouldn't have left with Ky. Also, Venom may not have made peace with (and forgiven) Millia. Along with a bunch of other stuff that may not have happened.

That's why I think that XX and AC are just "semi-canon", only a few parts are really canon.

Just finished the story, damn that was so good. Can't believe how many feeling jerking moments the game had. Maybe the sad music they played during the sad scenes was really effective.

Story mode is actually pretty decently long, at least I feel it was as long as Sign. The early chapters are sort of short but the later chapters are long.

Really eager to see where they take the story from this point forward. 

Spoiler

I feel like King Daryl is going to become a major antagonist in the next game. He seems to have that creep vibe going for him. 

10 hours ago, kylehyde said:

Just finished the story, damn that was so good. Can't believe how many feeling jerking moments the game had. Maybe the sad music they played during the sad scenes was really effective.

Story mode is actually pretty decently long, at least I feel it was as long as Sign. The early chapters are sort of short but the later chapters are long.

Really eager to see where they take the story from this point forward. 

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like King Daryl is going to become a major antagonist in the next game. He seems to have that creep vibe going for him. 

Spoiler

So I am not the only one who thought that Daryl looks suspicious? Yay!

16 minutes ago, Pauly-kun said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

It's as easy as distinguishing the Beauty, the Brawn, and the Brain. Knowing Leo and Ky, of course the third King would be the more calculating of them. And come on, you're begging to look suspicious with a hairstyle like that. lol

2 hours ago, Pauly-kun said:
  Reveal hidden contents

2 hours ago, Tsuki Garyuu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's as easy as distinguishing the Beauty, the Brawn, and the Brain. Knowing Leo and Ky, of course the third King would be the more calculating of them. And come on, you're begging to look suspicious with a hairstyle like that. lol

Spoiler

The thing about Daryl is that the stuff he did wasn't necessarily evil, even Ky refused Leo's suggestion of canceling Daryl's order to destroy Justice and Sol. Provided he would be sacrificed as well. When Daryl teleported him out of the blast range the reason he gave made a lot of sense too. He just goes about doing things in a very dickish manner lol.

Well, read all the spoilers for the first half...just waiting for the second to read. Curious enough to know whats going on, but no desire to actually go through it without the dub

I wonder when the Dizzy DLC will be released. I still haven't got my game because of weather affecting the shipment (It sucks. Got delayed to Fri).

I need a straight answer; Does the actual game have all of the chapters in Story Mode? I don't understand why the need to separate it.

3 minutes ago, churchblue said:

I need a straight answer; Does the actual game have all of the chapters in Story Mode? I don't understand why the need to separate it.

It has chapter 1 to Final, so all of the chapters should be there now with the update.
As for why they separated it, I dunno. Have it been explained?
It could be because they weren't finished with it when they were going to make the disc go gold, or it could be so that everyone(in japan) would experience the other half of the game at the same time instead of some getting hold of the game early.
I wonder if we are ever going to know why they did it.