Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Holy sh!t, that was hype. I'm glad I got to watch the full story in one go, rather than having to wait for the updated story.

Couple of things:

Spoiler

Was slightly disappointed with the Slayer-Bedman fight. I was expecting a duel to the death, but it just kinda ended.

What's up with Ky's eye? He's a gear then? Seems to have superhuman strength as seen at the end when holding Justice's chains.

How how did Ram survive? I assume Raven saved her, but it's not made clear.

Robo Ky was awesome.

Potemkin's appearance was shorter than I'd like, but it was pretty cool.

What's up with That Man's appearance? The ear, feathers in his eye..

12 minutes ago, This Man said:

Hide contents

How how did Ram survive? I assume Raven saved her, but it's not made clear.

Spoiler

Never explained, it was probably Raven who saved her. It looks like she could have lost her left arm and leg though(those being the corpse of her that was found).

xoVnamy.png

Just now, Zedar90 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Never explained, it was probably Raven who saved her. It looks like she could have lost her left arm and leg though(those being the corpse of her that was found).

xoVnamy.png

Spoiler

Not exactly, if you remember when Raven cured Jack-O's leg, those bandages appeared in her leg.

Something goong on betwn Raven and JackO? What will El do now that Aria is back? Also JackO says Aria is guilty about the atrocities she commited as Justice.

1 hour ago, Zedar90 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

xoVnamy.png

Oh wow, that scene happened pretty quickly I hadn't even noticed that.

Spoiler

I'm probably looking to much into it but what happened to Axl at the end? I didn't quite understand his dilemma.   He could choose between going back to his timeline but destroy the current one in the process, or never go back and keep things as they are. So in the end did he choose to never see "Megumi" again? Gotta admit those last scenes got me right in the heart between him and Sol. 

And I gotta say Sol's Junkyard Dog is ridiculous. Just 3 times its output and he could crush a mountain? Wonder what would of happened if he had gone through with his 20 fold output attack. Probably leave a freaking crater in the ground the size of a Illyria.

Spoiler

I'm gonna really miss Bedman. Really feel bad for what happened to him in the story. I was expecting him to outwit Ariels and do something crazy, but she was the one to come out on top. When I first got through Xrd SIGN, I was pretty impressed by Bedman, heck, he is up there with Terumi on my favorite villains. Probably my favorite quote from him was, "The definition of happiness varies from person to person, however what this world lacks is awareness."

And hey, Sol got his lady back, that's great, although, now I'm gonna miss Jack-O and her two sided personality. On one end, she's a silly girl who loves candy, and on the other, a young woman fascinated with the concepts of humanity. "Trick or Treat!!!!!" Oh, and I'm pretty intrigued by That Man's face. Now I'm itching to see the final showdown between That Man and Sol. But that's for the next installment!

26 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

Oh wow, that scene happened pretty quickly I hadn't even noticed that.

Hide contents

I'm probably looking to much into it but what happened to Axl at the end? I didn't quite understand his dilemma.   He could choose between going back to his timeline but destroy the current one in the process, or never go back and keep things as they are. So in the end did he choose to never see "Megumi" again? Gotta admit those last scenes got me right in the heart between him and Sol. 

Spoiler

I believe Axl's dilemma is that if he were to somehow use his time travel, or any elaborate use of time for that matter (i.e. his ZA WARUDO), his link to his past (and a future that could have been) would truly be gone and he will never see Megumi again, thus he will stay in the future; the universe he's in now. On the other hand, if he manages to travel back to his past, then his link to the future (i.e. the present in everyone else's case) would be gone as well. Either choice, one universe has to be destroyed to preserve the other. I guess you can say Axl's existence is a game of tug-of-war. Well, it's good the explanation was clearer in the Story Mode.

19 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:
  Hide contents

I'm gonna really miss Bedman. Really feel bad for what happened to him in the story. I was expecting him to outwit Ariels and do something crazy, but she was the one to come out on top. When I first got through Xrd SIGN, I was pretty impressed by Bedman, heck, he is up there with Terumi on my favorite villains. Probably my favorite quote from him was, "The definition of happiness varies from person to person, however what this world lacks is awareness."

And hey, Sol got his lady back, that's great, although, now I'm gonna miss Jack-O and her two sided personality. On one end, she's a silly girl who loves candy, and on the other, a young woman fascinated with the concepts of humanity. "Trick or Treat!!!!!" Oh, and I'm pretty intrigued by That Man's face. Now I'm itching to see the final showdown between That Man and Sol. But that's for the next installment!

Spoiler

I'm definitely going to miss Jack-O, I really liked her character. But I'm thinking Aria, well when she wakes up, will be similar to Jack-O. I mean, Jack-O was half of Aria after all. 

Probably not a popular opinion but I really hope Aria goes back to her short hair. I think she looks better like that.

6 minutes ago, kylehyde said:
  Hide contents

I'm definitely going to miss Jack-O, I really liked her character. But I'm thinking Aria, well when she wakes up, will be similar to Jack-O. I mean, Jack-O was half of Aria after all. 

Probably not a popular opinion but I really hope Aria goes back to her short hair. I think she looks better like that.

Spoiler

Things are gonna get crazy between her and Elphelt, though having already a daughter is 99% win.

3 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Things are gonna get crazy between her and Elphelt, though having already a daughter is 99% win.

Spoiler

What do you mean? Why would things get crazy between them?

16 minutes ago, kylehyde said:
  Reveal hidden contents

9 minutes ago, Tsuki Garyuu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No clue. I guess it would be awkward for Aria to see creatures that share her appearance. Like having a bastard daughter or something.

Sol.

16 minutes ago, kylehyde said:
  Reveal hidden contents

9 minutes ago, Tsuki Garyuu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No clue. I guess it would be awkward for Aria to see creatures that share her appearance. Like having a bastard daughter or something.

Sol.

Spoiler

I can feel the shenanigans that are coming our way. We will get scenarios regarding Sol and Aria as the parents of Dizzy AND two illegitimate daughters, like a freakin Guilty Gear sitcom. xD

Spoiler

I wonder how they will make a whole story about the the fight between Asuka and Sol. I mean Asuka's is standing right there when Sol says they have to fight.

Does Asuka run away and fight another day? Will be interesting to see how they can lengthen the story. I feel we'll need another antagonist though, as we now know That Man is not all that evil. Maybe Bedman's sister? I-No had an evil smirk at the end too, and Daryl's another possibility, as someone pointed out earlier.

1 hour ago, This Man said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder how they will make a whole story about the the fight between Asuka and Sol. I mean Asuka's is standing right there when Sol says they have to fight.

Does Asuka run away and fight another day? Will be interesting to see how they can lengthen the story. I feel we'll need another antagonist though, as we now know That Man is not all that evil. Maybe Bedman's sister? I-No had an evil smirk at the end too, and Daryl's another possibility, as someone pointed out earlier.

Spoiler

Also don't forget Slayer, only reason he let Bedman go is cause he wanted to save his strength for his duel with Sol. He's not an antagonist or anything, but it's a fight that has to go down.

1 hour ago, This Man said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Not without making Asuka playable. They gotta do it. lol

I-no has the most suspicion on her given how much she's willing to use her "newfound power." Clearly wants to get back at Asuka for concealing the truth from her. Kinda funny how the writers are gonna reach for someone to be a villain now given that all the antagonists are dead, "powerless," and/or were good guys all along. Except for the Post-War Administration Bureau, that is, but without the Conclave, I don't know what sort of power they have anymore.

1 hour ago, The Badgerine said:

Just watched all of story mode, and it was the shit, I loved it.

It actually made me really like Ariels, and made me wonder why she isn't playable yet.

There are so many characters they could make playable, that I reckon it's just time constraints.

I wasn't a huge fan of Ariels though, I'm glad they prioritized someone like Jack-O instead of her.

Spoiler

Also, Jack-O had zero fighting scenes and I didn't see her ball & chain. Great character though, and a shame she's no more...

Also, should we still be using spoiler tags? It is the story thread after all. This would be the last place I'd come if I didn't want the story spoiled.

Just read a theory that..

Spoiler

...Bedman didn't actually die. Everybody's assuming the legs at the end were that of his sister, but they may actually have been Bedman himself.

16 minutes ago, This Man said:

Just read a theory that..

Reveal hidden contents

...Bedman didn't actually die. Everybody's assuming the legs at the end were that of his sister, but they may actually have been Bedman himself.

Umm, no.

Spoiler

ybfNtCO.png

Sure, if there was nothing but the picture, you might mistake it. However... the TEXT is the key here.
I haven't seen what the localized version of this scene looks like, but the text here in JP version definitely has "Girl" written in it.
If the localized version has "????" or something like that instead, then this scene will definitely cause misunderstandings.

Bedman is dead at the moment and that "girl" was probably his sister. Unless you intend to say that Bedman turned to rubble and was reborn as Bedwoman >_>

Hey man, it was just a theory I read. No need to get snarky.

I can't remember what was written in English to be honest, but that definitely puts that theory to bed (thankfully).

Spoiler

I love stories where people can and will die. As morbid as it sounds, it just makes for far more interesting viewing.