Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

23 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

The real question is what kind of machine would she use.

Probably, it will be something like what happened to Elphelt between Sign and Revelator. Since Bedman, well, died, I don't think they will just throw away his playstyle since she has similar abilities. So, it sound more a re-skin and change of voice actor/actress

Yeah, it be kinda weird what would the announcer would say..."Bedwoman"? (Or something else entirely?)

"Bedlady"? Nah, I'll go with "Bedgirl". I have a feeling she'll have something of her own to bring to the table. Still kinda salty that Bedman didn't make it to the end. I think he had some potential going for him. Oh well.

Meanwhile, I still can't get over how awesome Robo-Ky was in the story! Seriously, I think he's become one of my top favorite characters after his final scene.

Spoiler

And then later the head just sparked to life and carried Venom away... I want Robo-Ky back in the roster more than ever now...

And now that I remembered, still no sign of playable :DI:, what the BlazBlue'in Guilty Gear'in Under Night In-Birth'in is going on, ASW? Me suspicious that you're trolling us and putting her off til next game... [But then again, it must be a living hell to do a character like her.

I'm also kinda curious about Asuka's design. Something about him strikes me funny. And I-no's looking to scheme again.

I've feeling they'll test Dizzy out in the Arcades before releasing her on consoles.

Would get people back at the arcades and also allow some time for testing.

I just think that we'll get some Dizzy related news at EVO and nothing until then, since she's not going to be out in time anyway at this point, and its something so people are more interested in the future of the game.

Would it be too weird to have the announcer say "Delilah" instead of Bed-something? It doesn't sound bad in my opinion.

Also, I would be super salty if they give her different moves from Bedman and we have a Nu/Lambda situation.

44 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:

Would it be too weird to have the announcer say "Delilah" instead of Bed-something? It doesn't sound bad in my opinion.

Also, I would be super salty if they give her different moves from Bedman and we have a Nu/Lambda situation.

The announcer says Bedman because that's his name. If Delilah does replace him, it's a given she'll be called Delilah.

On 30/06/2016 at 8:24 AM, Steve-Fiction said:

Actually, no, since it is her name.

But why would they give different moves, since the situation is not like Nu/Lambda in CP, but in CT/CS... did they had any differences that is not skin-related in these two first games?

41 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Actually, no, since it is her name.

But why would they give different moves, since the situation is not like Nu/Lambda in CP, but in CT/CS... did they had any differences that is not skin-related in these two first games?

I am indeed talking about the CT/CS transition.

Lambda always was different from Nu, in that she was more rushdown-oriented (and got moves like Act Parser Zwei). And look what happened then, people weren't really happy about the changes from Nu, we got a version of Nu that was supposed to make both Lambda and Nu players happy, people were still unhappy because that played like none of the prior, so now we have both of them and people are STILL complaining that they are too similar/that one will always be better than the other, making the other one useless/that Nu(CP) players lost their main because the mode-change-thing is lost... It's just a bad situation. (Not that I have any problems with having both around, I just don't want to go through that process again.)

So either they make Delilah the same as Bedman or completely different, or we're on an unpleasant ride.

Either way, story-wise, I'm excited for Delilah.

2 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:

I am indeed talking about the CT/CS transition.

Lambda always was different from Nu, in that she was more rushdown-oriented (and got moves like Act Parser Zwei). And look what happened then, people weren't really happy about the changes from Nu, we got a version of Nu that was supposed to make both Lambda and Nu players happy, people were still unhappy because that played like none of the prior, so now we have both of them and people are STILL complaining that they are too similar/that one will always be better than the other, making the other one useless/that Nu(CP) players lost their main because the mode-change-thing is lost... It's just a bad situation. (Not that I have any problems with having both around, I just don't want to go through that process again.)

So either they make Delilah the same as Bedman or completely different, or we're on an unpleasant ride.

Either way, story-wise, I'm excited for Delilah.

Oh, I thought their changes we're only in CP, my bad.

But now that you mention such a thing, there is a possibility to this happen, unless Delilah machine is the same as her brother, which would'nt make sense to have gameplay alterations (unless we talk about buffs or nerfs, which is not in this thread...) but I don't think their gameplay gonna be that different IF this happens, since there are more similarities between the siblings rather than the Murakumos.

Okay. Long time no see. So yeah, I still dont have the game and it will be a while before I do because of my economical situation. Just out of interest I was looking to see which past characters made cameos in the story. This was a mistake. I saw it. That Man's name and face. Jesus.

So anyway this is what I gathered:

.the past cameos are Baiken(with fanservice breasts), Zappa and Robo Ky.           .Bedman is dead and will probably be replaced by his sister in the future. Ariels is also dead and wasnt made a playable character(whatever really) and Jack-O fused with Justice and now Aria is back.                                                                       . The third king is called Daryl(can someone give some screenshots of the guy?) .Now that we know That Man's name he might become playable in the future.

Anything else I'm missing? As you can see Im mostly interested in hints of possible future playable characters.                                     

Possibly we will have an Aria with Jack-O playstyle...

I see that we will have at least 3 re-skins in the next game (Bedman/Delilah, Jack-O/Aria and Elphelt Rev skin/Elphelt Sign skin), 2 veterans: Baiken and Robo-Ky (I have my doubts about Zappa) and for newcomers, we will have Asuka (That Man), possibly Daryl and, maybe Paradigm Xrd Version (Like what happened with Raven).

15 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Possibly we will have an Aria with Jack-O playstyle...

I kinda hope more for her having Justice's moveset (Michael Sword, NB, Gamma Ray, etc).

And getting a remix of Meet Again as her theme.

Stop saying he died! I don't want them to replace Bedman even if it is a quick model swap...

I mean the guy only used like 8% of his power against Slayer, maybe his death was just an illusion! It's possible, man : (

3 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Stop saying he died! I don't want them to replace Bedman even if it is a quick model swap...

I mean the guy only used like 8% of his power against Slayer, maybe his death was just an illusion! It's possible, man : (

I know it is a punch in the gut that he died an you liked him (due to your avatar), but let's face reality: How that can be an illusion? He can't live too long awake. And he was a little too stupid wasting the last of his power against Mother (let's be honest, he just defended a single attack, doing nothing probably would have his life spared)

2 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I know it is a punch in the gut that he died an you liked him (due to your avatar), but let's face reality: How that can be an illusion? He can't live too long awake. And he was a little too stupid wasting the last of his power against Mother (let's be honest, he just defended a single attack, doing nothing probably would have his life spared)

I wouldn't be so quick to count him out yet. Everyone gets their happy ending, including Bedman. He was actually a good character (sort of) and believed that he could bring back all the people who died. Now we know that Bedman and his sister are pretty much equal in power. At least I think they are if my memory serves. It's not impossible (especially for plot devices) that his sister has the power to bring him back to life quite easily. Just like Bedman was going to bring back all the people who were killed back to life.

13 hours ago, kylehyde said:

I wouldn't be so quick to count him out yet. Everyone gets their happy ending, including Bedman. He was actually a good character (sort of) and believed that he could bring back all the people who died. Now we know that Bedman and his sister are pretty much equal in power. At least I think they are if my memory serves. It's not impossible (especially for plot devices) that his sister has the power to bring him back to life quite easily. Just like Bedman was going to bring back all the people who were killed back to life.

But Bedman wouldn't bring everyone back IF he achieved doing his Absolute World? IIRC, he said something in these lines to Axl in Rev story, so, probably, her sister will follow his steps. And yes, they have equal power, but I guess his sister was a little more... unstable, I guess, since Bedman said that his sister didn't even saw their mother's face.

I was sad when I heard his story and later got deeply betrayed, but I don't think people will let her do their version of Absolute World, so, it is kinda sad, but I really don't think he will have his good ending, plus, I have less hopes due to what happened to him in Revelator story. But what do you think she will do to bring him back? The only thing I can think of is rebuild his machine with the pieces let at the battlefield, (the entire machine, but broken), true, she can make some other devices, but with the cards we already have in hands, it is a little impossible.

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

But Bedman wouldn't bring everyone back IF he achieved doing his Absolute World? IIRC, he said something in these lines to Axl in Rev story, so, probably, her sister will follow his steps. And yes, they have equal power, but I guess his sister was a little more... unstable, I guess, since Bedman said that his sister didn't even saw their mother's face.

I was sad when I heard his story and later got deeply betrayed, but I don't think people will let her do their version of Absolute World, so, it is kinda sad, but I really don't think he will have his good ending, plus, I have less hopes due to what happened to him in Revelator story. But what do you think she will do to bring him back? The only thing I can think of is rebuild his machine with the pieces let at the battlefield, (the entire machine, but broken), true, she can make some other devices, but with the cards we already have in hands, it is a little impossible.

This might sound ridiculous but I think she can simply wish him back to life. That or have some crazy ability to turn back time or something. 

20 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

This might sound ridiculous but I think she can simply wish him back to life. That or have some crazy ability to turn back time or something. 

What makes you think she can do that, I mean, her powers are similar to Bedman, and I don't recall him doing something like this.

12 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

What makes you think she can do that, I mean, her powers are similar to Bedman, and I don't recall him doing something like this.

Story plot device reason mostly. If they want to bring back Bedman I think that's a convenient way to do it. Make his sister be even more powerful than he is and have her be able to do things like that. Also, if she can create a dream world like Bedman (which I'm assuming she can) she can pretty much do whatever she wants there. She could bring him back in such a place I think. We may not get Bedman playable anymore, but we can still have him be a part of the story, only now he would be in the background while his sister replaces him in the real world.

1 hour ago, kylehyde said:

Story plot device reason mostly. If they want to bring back Bedman I think that's a convenient way to do it. Make his sister be even more powerful than he is and have her be able to do things like that. Also, if she can create a dream world like Bedman (which I'm assuming she can) she can pretty much do whatever she wants there. She could bring him back in such a place I think. We may not get Bedman playable anymore, but we can still have him be a part of the story, only now he would be in the background while his sister replaces him in the real world.

Well, it is a possibility, but we can only know after releasing the next and, in matter of story, last game from Xrd...