Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Holy shit. LOL I was spouting on and on wanting to see some crazy shenanigans with Sol and "family," but I'll definitely settle with Ky on the receiving end. The fact that Sol has any ties to his family tree will never guarantee him a good night's sleep. 

I wonder where Sol is even staying and where exactly is Aria for that matter. Kind of shitty of Ky for not letting Sol stay in his freaking mansion, the jerk :arg:

So is Ky going to train Sol now? Like wtf I did not see that coming lol. 

K, humor me this real quick:

Spoiler

From what Raven is saying, as he's already guessed what Asuka's answer would be as far as his kind of God is concerned, does he feel motivated to play God again? To be a savior at least? At this point, killing Sol might just play into that idea.

5 hours ago, Tsuki Garyuu said:

K, humor me this real quick:

Hide contents

From what Raven is saying, as he's already guessed what Asuka's answer would be as far as his kind of God is concerned, does he feel motivated to play God again? To be a savior at least? At this point, killing Sol might just play into that idea.

Spoiler

Asuka once said "he or I will do the work of the devil" referring to Sol.  What that means has less to do with God and more to do with something God wouldn't want.  That may have to do with the Flame of Corruption interacting with the Scales of Juno.  Raven might just be observing Sol while Asuka is imprisoned.  It might even relate to the Gears!

After watching the story mode in Rev2 I'm wondering if Ishiwatari is intending to end the series with this game (or maybe make an extra dream match  game and call it a day)

Considering how almost all loose ties seem to be solved and that there is no ominous evil mastermind anymore the story had a very "definite" air about it, specially when most of the times GG games had a very obscure story that presented more questions than answers.

Had Ishiwatari said something about this being his last GG?

I also forgot that Jacko is no more and Bedman is dead, which makes it weird for relative new characters. I guess Venom survived thantks to Robo-Ky and that I was looking forward to see the Universal Boss as new character

52 minutes ago, Baldulf said:

After watching the story mode in Rev2 I'm wondering if Ishiwatari is intending to end the series with this game (or maybe make an extra dream match  game and call it a day)

Considering how almost all loose ties seem to be solved and that there is no ominous evil mastermind anymore the story had a very "definite" air about it, specially when most of the times GG games had a very obscure story that presented more questions than answers.

Had Ishiwatari said something about this being his last GG?

Reveal hidden contents

The story feels like a trilogy to me. Only one more game left. Speculation of course.

Blazblue was also conceived as a trilogy but the story got to big for 3 games.

After Story Part B Spoilers:

Spoiler

Jam Kuradoberi challenges Venom to a SHOKUGEKI!

This man...

Spoiler

This 2cave (now that's a fuckin name even by ArcSys standards) guy should work in theater, cuz he puts out the best impression of a Yakuza villain in a GG game. I nearly died laughing when it turned out he was faking. LOL Here's hoping Venom is proud of his new life, though I wonder if he'll still fight with "Venom" as an alter-ego now. "Come to our bakery, we have robot head!" That being said, I'm probably the only one worried about "Eddie's" appearance in the Xrd canon now. I legit thought Venom adopting him was going somewhere.

Btw, now Junichi Suwabe has played another dark-skinned, silver haired badass with *ahem*...a penchant for culinary arts. Or bakery. Whichever.

Having seen Part B 

Spoiler

It almost seems as if Venom's role in the story has concluded. Don't really know where he goes from there. I would actually love it if that were the case. Can't think of a happier ending for him than just living a normal happy life running his own bakery business.

Little bummed it was all assassin guild related, never cared about that story line personally. I wish they mixed up the characters like they did in part A.

There are times that I wish Arcs didn't go the 3D route with Xrd, cuz there are so many new interesting characters in the story that would've been playable by now (i.e. Ariels, Chronus, Gabriel, etc.). And about Sol...

Spoiler

I wonder if he'll upgrade his sword again since Ky broke the other one and if we'll get to see his true form in a hypothetical next upgrade.

Regarding what you said about Afterstory A,

Spoiler

I was wondering about that too. But in Dizzy's episode mode, wasn't Ky stated that the Thunderseal was able to regenerate. If that's anything to go by, it seems that the Sacred Treasures may have some sort of regenerative properties. What I'm wondering is if the Fireseal and Senga in the Junkyard Dog MK III would be able to regenerate the casing, or if we'll see another upgrade like you mentioned.

Edit: Scratch that, I just realized that Ky was talking about the Thunderseal returning to its physical sword form after it was no longer being used to seal off Dizzy. Junkyard Dog MK IV here we come.

2Cave > actually Faust's VA(!?)

Old Man > Asuka R. Kreutz

Old Woman > May(!?)

Spoiler

Venom's just laying low.  No way things are over.  Robo-Ky gotta get fixed too.

Oh yeah, I should also mention this:

Spoiler

1. Happy Chaos is a backup of Jack-O', therefore she has a copy of "Half of Aria" inside her.

2. The Conclave rebuilt Justice, so a certain "Crow Kuruwaba" was likely involved.

3. If Crow and Happy Chaos were ever to meet, we'd have a BIG PROBLEM...

On Friday, June 09, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Blade said:

2Cave > actually Faust's VA(!?)

Old Man > Asuka R. Kreutz

Old Woman > May(!?)

Hide contents

Venom's just laying low.  No way things are over.  Robo-Ky gotta get fixed too.

Oh yeah, I should also mention this:

Hide contents

1. Happy Chaos is a backup of Jack-O', therefore she has a copy of "Half of Aria" inside her.

2. The Conclave rebuilt Justice, so a certain "Crow Kuruwaba" was likely involved.

3. If Crow and Happy Chaos were ever to meet, we'd have a BIG PROBLEM...

What kind of trouble are we talking about?

On 6/10/2017 at 9:53 PM, BladeOfJustice7 said:

Is 2cave real or not, I got confused there at the end :/

2cave or not 2cave? That is the question.

Spoiler

He's real and part of the Assassin's Guild. He was ordered by Zato 1 to pull the routine he did but was terrified by the possibility of what Venom could do if he decided to attack them. The reputation and skills of the most prominent members are well known throughout the Guild and no one wants to tangle with them or get on their bad side. I'm surprised they pulled that off as well as they did and not give themselves away given how scared they were; they were well trained. Only Robo-Ky noticed, which is why he kept his mouth shut -- Venom wasn't in any real danger.

42 minutes ago, BladeOfJustice7 said:

I guess we'll be getting more Guild members playable in the future then eh?

That would be cool. Now I'm curious to see how 2cave would play.

On June 12, 2017 at 9:37 AM, BlazGearRegalia said:

What kind of trouble are we talking about?

Spoiler

Happy Chaos is a "Backup Valentine" based on Jack-O'.  If Crow Kuruwaba were to study her DNA and trace it back to Justice, he could build an army of Justice-Type Gears, worse than the Valentine Series ever was!

Happy Chaos is also very much insane, so think a Darker "Crazier" Justice!

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 5:08 AM, tokin fuyou said:

That would be cool. Now I'm curious to see how 2cave would play.

I really liked his design, but unfortunately it seems like he's probably not on par with the rest of the cast, given how terrified of Venom he actually was.

Side note, this is probably just a coincidence, but the guy Zato's talking to in this old illustration for the original PSX Guilty Gear bears a pretty strong resemblance to him:

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Blade said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Happy Chaos is a "Backup Valentine" based on Jack-O'.  If Crow Kuruwaba were to study her DNA and trace it back to Justice, he could build an army of Justice-Type Gears, worse than the Valentine Series ever was!

Happy Chaos is also very much insane, so think a Darker "Crazier" Justice!

Spoiler

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that Happy Chaos is just meant to replace Jack-O in the roster, for now, since Jack-O merged with Justice to become Aria. And the revival of Aria will probably be their justification to bring Justice back into the roster, when the time comes for that.

I do suspect that we'll see Crow return, though, and maybe even join the playable cast as another iaigiri swordsman, since it's heavily implied he was a pupil of Hirofumi Unchou. The Encyclopedia says he's currently trying to track down Robo-Ky, who's pretty much a shoe-in to return in the next iteration.

I had high hopes for Jean Reno 2cave because of his design and finally different personality from the rest of the sheep (despite too much needless philosophy) but of course Ishiwatari masterfully destroyed them in the end. The story went downhill since Sign and Revelator brought even more disappointment. I don't remember any other major fighting game where characters basically have no reasons to fight each other. I can't even recognize most of them. Sol is whiny tsundere, That Man distributes candies, Raven talks about friendship, mega jerkass Robo-ky talks about importance of people's dreams, Zato is just a boring husk, Potemkin is so insignificant that he fights with himself in his episode mode, Jam rants about some school level philosophy, Crow's page says that Robo-ky is his only friend (Ishiwatari seems to be gung ho about sentimentality these days), Ariel's page says that they did not even had guts to finish her off (I bet she will preach "feelings are important!1" too in the next game) and the list goes on.

It's like the worst kind of shonen anime. Unfortunately, you can easily hide all of that with fancy 3D graphics (although those graphics look pretty bland in story mode plus animations are cringe worthy), add some *EXPLOSIONS* and people will start to pee in their pants from excitement.

1 hour ago, Calamitus said:

I had high hopes for Jean Reno 2cave because of his design and finally different personality from the rest of the sheep (despite too much needless philosophy) but of course Ishiwatari masterfully destroyed them in the end. The story went downhill since Sign and Revelator brought even more disappointment. I don't remember any other major fighting game where characters basically have no reasons to fight each other. I can't even recognize most of them. Sol is whiny tsundere, That Man distributes candies, Raven talks about friendship, mega jerkass Robo-ky talks about importance of people's dreams, Zato is just a boring husk, Potemkin is so insignificant that he fights with himself in his episode mode, Jam rants about some school level philosophy, Crow's page says that Robo-ky is his only friend (Ishiwatari seems to be gung ho about sentimentality these days), Ariel's page says that they did not even had guts to finish her off (I bet she will preach "feelings are important!1" too in the next game) and the list goes on.

It's like the worst kind of shonen anime. Unfortunately, you can easily hide all of that with fancy 3D graphics (although those graphics look pretty bland in story mode plus animations are cringe worthy), add some *EXPLOSIONS* and people will start to pee in their pants from excitement.

Well damn...it's unfortunate but I have similar sentiments about the direction Guilty Gear is headed story wise. 

21 hours ago, Suzaku said:

Hide contents

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that Happy Chaos is just meant to replace Jack-O in the roster, for now, since Jack-O merged with Justice to become Aria. And the revival of Aria will probably be their justification to bring Justice back into the roster, when the time comes for that.

I do suspect that we'll see Crow return, though, and maybe even join the playable cast as another iaigiri swordsman, since it's heavily implied he was a pupil of Hirofumi Unchou. The Encyclopedia says he's currently trying to track down Robo-Ky, who's pretty much a shoe-in to return in the next iteration.

Spoiler

I'm not talking about what Happy Chaos is meant to be, I'm talking about the implications of what they COULD DO with her in the future.  Mind you, it isn't merely an excuse to keep Jack-O' in the roster (it hardly ever is).  It could be more than that.  In the BB games, first we had Hazama, then Terumi, then Susanoo.  I'm just saying that based on Crow's knowledge of Justice, it wouldn't be far-fetched to use someone like Happy Chaos as the basis for a new Gear construct.

Also, the GG World has a lot of red herring info, so I'm going with my gut feelings on this.

Also, to heck with your "woe is me ___ isn't playable yet", the story isn't about who's playable, it's a STORY, jeez guys.

@Calamitus don't let the door hit you on the way out.  I'll keep enjoying GG just fine, thanks.

2 hours ago, Calamitus said:

You know what, just for you @Calamitus:

1.  Philosophy is never "needless" in a Story.

2.  Maybe if you studied the stories before Sign and Rev, instead of putting up expectations, you wouldn't feel so disappointed?

3. Sol has legit reasons to complain about his situation IF you RECALL HIS BACKSTORY.  Being a "Tsundere" involves dishonesty with one's self, something Sol OVERCAME.

4. Asuka was being polite to a guest in Axl Low, obviously he had more important things to do, but he was thanking Axl Low for risking his life to deliver a message.  Axl was almost killed by Bedman.

5. Raven has lived over 900 years and nearly FORGOT what having friends was even like!  You try living that long and see if you stay positive about it!

6. Robo-Ky was never a jerk, just crude in speech, and only following orders.  He's got a life of his own now, so leave him be.

7. Zato went through several hells of the Backyard and was nearly erased.  You expect him to do parlor tricks after all that?

8.  Potemkin was humiliated by Bedman, so of course he had a crisis.  He's not made of steel despite his looks.  He's human!

9. Jam has her own world views, just like everyone else so stop judging.

10. Robo-Ky never WANTED TO BE Crow's friend.  The guy's a reclusive N.E.E.T. with a Dizzy obsession.

11. We don't know anything about Ariels so you're jumping the gun. Also feeling ARE IMPORTANT.  This game would be dull if emotions didn't exist.

12. Your beef with Shonen Anime is your own, but GG has nothing to do with it.  GG is a lot better than most Shonen Anime I've ever seen.  Prove me wrong!

Seriously, STUDY the Story instead of Speedrunning through it.  Maybe you'll understand something.