Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

5 minutes ago, Aegis High said:

Are there going to be more After stories, or that's It?

As far as I know there was supposed to be 3. So after story part C still remains. However I don't even remember where I heard this so I could be wrong.

On 20.6.2017 at 4:57 PM, Calamitus said:

I had high hopes for Jean Reno 2cave because of his design and finally different personality from the rest of the sheep (despite too much needless philosophy) but of course Ishiwatari masterfully destroyed them in the end. The story went downhill since Sign and Revelator brought even more disappointment. I don't remember any other major fighting game where characters basically have no reasons to fight each other. I can't even recognize most of them. Sol is whiny tsundere, That Man distributes candies, Raven talks about friendship, mega jerkass Robo-ky talks about importance of people's dreams, Zato is just a boring husk, Potemkin is so insignificant that he fights with himself in his episode mode, Jam rants about some school level philosophy, Crow's page says that Robo-ky is his only friend (Ishiwatari seems to be gung ho about sentimentality these days), Ariel's page says that they did not even had guts to finish her off (I bet she will preach "feelings are important!1" too in the next game) and the list goes on.

It's like the worst kind of shonen anime. Unfortunately, you can easily hide all of that with fancy 3D graphics (although those graphics look pretty bland in story mode plus animations are cringe worthy), add some *EXPLOSIONS* and people will start to pee in their pants from excitement.

I like all the characters and I think the story is presented in a really cool way.

But sadly, I agree that in a Fighting Game, it's weird for all the characters to become friends/family like that. There should really be reasons for the individual characters to clash. If someone preaches about emotions and motivations, it should be something interesting like 2cave's speech instead of something overused like 'bonds'.

On 20.06.2017 at 8:33 PM, Blade said:

You know what, just for you @Calamitus:

1.  Snip

1) It was needless in After Story B in particular because the ending made it pointless. All this farce just to transform Venom into a salesman while it could develop into interesting conflict between those philosophies (the whole "let's disband assassin's guild and be nice guys" idea is seriously immature crap).

2) I suppose I also need to write fanfiction blog for a decade and claim that Baiken is +100 years old. :roboky:

3) Overcoming teenager insecurities in his age is serious accomplishment indeed.

4) The man who could subdue Sol and I-no with snap of his fingers, the war criminal with mysterious agenda now suddenly turns into sentimental softie number 28. No, That Man, not you too! Before Overture he was actually interesting.

Spoiler

rx4P23W.jpg

5) After living over 900 years, concepts like "friendship" and "love" will be trivial insignificant things, especially when you deal with events like Merciless Apocalypse. Character like him should be above all of that (same thing regarding That Man).

6)

Spoiler

I think you confused him with Ky (except the crude speech part). :roboky: He was always selfish, narcissistic and arrogant asshole and that was awesome contrast to Ky's "Justice, order, blah, blah blah". He has completely different personality in Revelator. Defective model, i assume.

EQfvbyg.gif

ciPMQCL.jpg

kqBvOTf.jpg

7) Whole ressurection thing was a lame gimmick to bring him back for unrelated to the story reason. Backstory like that does make him an interesting character. Just a blank person who occasionally talks about Millia. Even Koyasu's fans complained that he voiced Zato without any emotion. Of course it's not his fault that developers told him to do it like that. If they wanted his playstyle so much, they could bring Bardius instead who is completely different character in comparison to the rest of the cast and his Conclave pals. Or just retcon Eddie being dead.

8) Every character needs to cry in pillow about his problems. No one can "just do it" without self reflection. The reason Potemkin fights himself because Ishiwatari has no idea what else to with him. It was obvious since Sign where he appears for few seconds (if you don't count episode mode of course).

9) I will abstain frow writing paragraph about -real people- world views (because most of them don't have those, they just "exist" and spend time). It's the same "Potemkin situation", we have no idea what to do with her, let's give her out of character speech (she does not even communicate with anyone in her episode except Jack-o).

10) Well, you are completely right about him there. For now. I find it disturbing that even his page mentions friends. Of course until he appears in the story mode it is just nitpicking. I hope he will be the same character i know since AC.

11) Her page clearly says that she is alive, there is nothing else i need to know. The game IS dull because it focuses on trivial good emotions and completely ignores others.

12) Let's not do it.

Guilty Gear lost everything that made it badass. Guilty Gear was a synonym of being badass. Now it's completely different game. With 3D engine they had so much potential of making epic battles and bring real emotion. And what did we get instead? Characters talk whole time. Talk. Talk. TALK! (i would read visual novels if i wanted to see that) About friendship. About feelings. About out of character philosophy. Every. Single. Character. No exceptions. Rare action scenes are underwhelming. Sol punches Justice in the face. Sol "one shots" black Elphelt. Only battle with Ariels was enjoyable. They have no idea what do with some characters, they completely change other characters for no other reason than to bring even more sentimentality, they just focus everything on Kiske's harem. Their Hard Corps: Uprising 1 minute long opening brought me more hype than Sign and Revelator story modes combined. In fact, 10 years old Overture is completely superior to Xrd in terms of story, it's more focused, straightforward and resolves characters conflicts without needless crap (Sin's hate for Ky as example). At least i can congratulate them with achieving their goals - 1. Keep hardcore fighting players base 2. Expand into easily impressionable teenagers territory.

All of this is just my opinion, no hard feelings (no more wall of text nobody reads after that).

11 hours ago, Suzaku said:

I think you mean Ringo Starr 2cave.

Maybe you are right but...

Spoiler

Reno is still better :roboky:

Your main problem is that you're coming in to Guilty Gear with expectations of it being dark and violent 24/7.  That really is not the case and never was.

Venom's ending as a Baker isn't the end of the story, it's just how he is situated right now.  The Philosophical discussion was important because it laid out 2 very important choices for Venom.  He could have fought the other Assassins to the death and ended up like Millia was in the past, hunted down for knowing too much.

Also, Baiken IS 100+ years old.  That's not a claim, it's a fact.  Justice' DNA was transferred to the Japanese and they gained Gear-like abilities.

Asuka isn't what you'd call a softie.  He punched Sol in the gut in GGXX, he's hardly what you think, AND he challenged Sol again to his face!

When Raven was talking to Sin and Ramlethal were you even listening?  The fact you think such values are insignificant tells me you haven't ever lived without Friends or without Love in your life. Maybe if you tried living in solitude while everything around you rejects you you might get a little perspective on Raven's point of view.

If Ishiwatari didn't know what to do with certain characters, why give them such important roles in the story?  Why is it that Jam can get along with Jack-O' while everyone else is cautious around her?  Why is it that Potemkin has the strength to defend a Nation (Illyria) that has been at odds with his home country for years (Zepp) and yet he still has the motivation to risk his life with nothing to gain?  When the Antimatter Gears attacked after Ariels' speech, he could have waited to try and pursue her, instead his country protected the Illyrian people.  Where do you suppose he got that motivation?  He certainly didn't get it from Reader's Digest while in the WC.

Characters don't fight for no reason.  They have motivations.  And being able to SEE those motivations play out is part of storytelling.

When people say "there's nothing else I need to know", that tells me two things: 1 they don't care about finer details and 2 they're oblivious TO the finer details, the latter of which provides important intel in ANY story.

Look, I get it, you don't wanna know OR care, so let's end this exercise in pain and why don't you just give up on Guilty Gear?  Go back to whatever it is that interests you more.  Go back to whatever stories you're actually WILLING to PAY ATTENTION TO.

The fact you sum up GG as "badass" means you CLEARLY did not get or READ the whole Memo!

Guilty Gear lost everything that made it badass. Guilty Gear was a synonym of being badass. Now it's completely different game. With 3D engine they had so much potential of making epic battles and bring real emotion. And what did we get instead? Characters talk whole time. Talk. Talk. TALK! (i would read visual novels if i wanted to see that) About friendship. About feelings. About out of character philosophy. Every. Single. Character. No exceptions. Rare action scenes are underwhelming. Sol punches Justice in the face. Sol "one shots" black Elphelt. Only battle with Ariels was enjoyable. They have no idea what do with some characters, they completely change other characters for no other reason than to bring even more sentimentality, they just focus everything on Kiske's harem. Their Hard Corps: Uprising 1 minute long opening brought me more hype than Sign and Revelator story modes combined. In fact, 10 years old Overture is completely superior to Xrd in terms of story, it's more focused, straightforward and resolves characters conflicts without needless crap (Sin's hate for Ky as example). At least i can congratulate them with achieving their goals - 1. Keep hardcore fighting players base 2. Expand into easily impressionable teenagers territory.

Amazing

10 hours ago, Blade said:

Characters don't fight for no reason.  They have motivations.  And being able to SEE those motivations play out is part of storytelling.

I agree that they don't fight for no reason, but honestly that's pretty much because they don't fight against each other at all (Bedman excluded). They only fight against NPCs in the story. The issue isn't really about characters lacking motivation, what they are lacking is interesting and unique motivation. What rivalries even exist in the playable cast right now? They're all on the same side.

I still find the story and characters very enjoyable, but that is a huge flaw to me.

42 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:

I agree that they don't fight for no reason, but honestly that's pretty much because they don't fight against each other at all (Bedman excluded). They only fight against NPCs in the story. The issue isn't really about characters lacking motivation, what they are lacking is interesting and unique motivation. What rivalries even exist in the playable cast right now? They're all on the same side.

I still find the story and characters very enjoyable, but that is a huge flaw to me.

That's something I can agree with, literally everyone is a good guy in guilty gear lol. But at least we are starting to see some clashing interests/grudges now.

I remember back in GGX2 when I thought I-no was evil as fuck. I'm not sure if that game was reconned or something, but yeah I thought she was a crazy psycho with all her shenanigans. Sending Sol back in time and having him kill his passed self was hardcore shit. Until Sol ruined that plan by not giving a fuck. If I recall she tried to murder pretty much anyone in her way, and with a devilish delight about it too. Sign/Rev however showed us that I-no was just a big softie on the inside. Now I like character development as much as the next person, but the old GG games had a darker tone that the current Xrd series doesn't. Which is fine, I'm not complaining about it, it's all good for me. I love GG no matter what form it takes.

33 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

I'm not sure if that game was reconned or something

According to what ArcSys have said in the past, XX and AC+ stories are considered "gaiden" stories.

19 minutes ago, churchblue said:

Sol definitely dislikes people mentioning his connection to Dizzy.

I don't think he dislikes it as much as it makes him uncomfortable. And I think it's mostly do to Ky not Dizzy herself.

I-No is having an existential crisis, but outside of that, she's been having evil plans of what to do with Sol's FoC seed.

She barely tolerates Axl Low if you read between the lines of her dialogue.

Also, when you talk dark tones, did you forget Ariels shot a guy?  That Babylon's population was WIPED OUT?

Did you forget the Japanese were turned in to Gear bombs and blew up several city blocks?

Did you forget the Phalanx Nine soldiers killed innocent people?

Ramlethal's dog?

How about all the people who were killed by Bedman's Nightmare Theater and then made "permanently dead" once he woke up?

Ky getting shot by Axus, MULTIPLE TIMES?

Seriously, if you think Xrd isn't dark enough, you got issues.

20 hours ago, Blade said:

Also, Baiken IS 100+ years old.  That's not a claim, it's a fact.  Justice' DNA was transferred to the Japanese and they gained Gear-like abilities.

When was this stated? Then Anji is also 100 year old? And what about May?

I lost my composure, thanks @kylehyde for calling me out on it.  It's like how you don't make "chicken jokes" around Paradigm for being a Dragon.  :KL:

It was never my intention to just be "right" and be a jerk about it so, sorry for that.

That all said, GGXrd has dark parts if you look carefully, they're easy to miss (older GG games were in Visual Novel format so that made stuff more obvious).

@Aegis High When the Universal Will invaded Justice' body in 2074, she took Justice' DNA and transplanted it in to the Japanese people who mutated in to Antimatter Gears, these were the "Variable X" creatures that Asuka identified shortly before he used Gamma Ray on Japan.

The surviving Japanese people got "sick" with the unstable Gear DNA inside their Bodies "Ki Overflow Syndrome", like May had, unexploded Information Flares.

From 2074 to 2187 the Japanese were quarantined not to leave the Dimensional Colonies, the biggest was Miyabi.

May was born sometime before 2174 as she was just a child in appearance when she met Johnny at that time.

Baiken was a child in 2074 when her people mutated in to Gears and attacked their village, Anji lived in the same village but was born some time later and has memories of Crow Kuruwaba.

They've been alive all this while and even escaped the Colony on occasion, though Baiken has a bounty on her head.

As an aside, Youkai-like Gears were sealed inside the Colonies along with the Japanese (based on Ogre Valley info), War Relics were sealed there too, because of the danger.

1 hour ago, Blade said:

@Aegis High When the Universal Will invaded Justice' body in 2074, she took Justice' DNA and transplanted it in to the Japanese people who mutated in to Antimatter Gears, these were the "Variable X" creatures that Asuka identified shortly before he used Gamma Ray on Japan.

The surviving Japanese people got "sick" with the unstable Gear DNA inside their Bodies "Ki Overflow Syndrome", like May had, unexploded Information Flares.

From 2074 to 2187 the Japanese were quarantined not to leave the Dimensional Colonies, the biggest was Miyabi.

May was born sometime before 2174 as she was just a child in appearance when she met Johnny at that time.

Baiken was a child in 2074 when her people mutated in to Gears and attacked their village, Anji lived in the same village but was born some time later and has memories of Crow Kuruwaba.

They've been alive all this while and even escaped the Colony on occasion, though Baiken has a bounty on her head.

As an aside, Youkai-like Gears were sealed inside the Colonies along with the Japanese (based on Ogre Valley info), War Relics were sealed there too, because of the danger.

But where it says that Japanese people gained longevity. I just play the entire Revelator story mode, they mention the disease at the time of Justice attack on Japan, but they don’t mention that. Why something that important is not mention in Baiken’s bio or in the Japanese section on Library mode?

14 hours ago, Aegis High said:

But where it says that Japanese people gained longevity. I just play the entire Revelator story mode, they mention the disease at the time of Justice attack on Japan, but they don’t mention that. Why something that important is not mention in Baiken’s bio or in the Japanese section on Library mode?

The GG World Library is kinda vague about it, look up "Juzo Sano" and you'll see the connection.  Juzo Sano was one of the Japanese Bedman detonated.

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/160043680974/okay-before-bedmans-fight-with-slayer-in

GGXtra Manga also hints that Mizuha had Gear-like powers too.

2 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

That explains the mark on Baiken's forehead.

lol that's not a Gear Mark, it's a Buddhist Mantra for Health and Well-being. http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/23264720701/guide-to-baikens-moves-and-symbols

THIS is a Gear Seal: http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/147000888159/fusion-its-not-perfectly-accurate-to-the-story

You probably won't ever see a Gear Seal on the Japanese because their DNA was altered instead of a full Gear conversion.  Like a Mutation instead of the Gear Cell dubbing process.  The mutation is what made them sick though some adapted to it, like May, others did not.

Baiken lost her arm and eye before the mutation happened to her body, so they won't grow back like Gear limbs usually might.

Kum had to tune the Japanese to prevent further mutation as that triggered Information Flare chain reactions.

9 hours ago, Blade said:

The GG World Library is kinda vague about it, look up "Juzo Sano" and you'll see the connection.  Juzo Sano was one of the Japanese Bedman detonated.

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/160043680974/okay-before-bedmans-fight-with-slayer-in

GGXtra Manga also hints that Mizuha had Gear-like powers too.

Sorry man, but there is nothing on Juzo Sano that mentions or implies that the Japanese gained longevity. I also read GGXtra and it doesn’t mention that either. Again, how do you know that Baiken is 100 year old? Do you have a source or it’s just a supposition. As I said, something that big should’ve been mention by now in official material.

1 hour ago, Aegis High said:

Sorry man, but there is nothing on Juzo Sano that mentions or implies that the Japanese gained longevity. I also read GGXtra and it doesn’t mention that either. Again, how do you know that Baiken is 100 year old? Do you have a source or it’s just a supposition. As I said, something that big should’ve been mention by now in official material.

It's stated by more than one source that Baiken was one of the survivors of Justice's assault on Japan, around the time she met That Man.  I-No has also commented on several occasions in GGXX and Accent Core that Baiken is nowhere near as young she appears to be.

As for Mizuha having shown her Gear-like heritage, the evidence is when she "awakened" after Geena's massacre at the diner: Going into a rage-induced trance that brings out their power unfiltered like Dizzy was typically known to do (which Testament has stated is a natural defensive function in Gears). May went through a similar "awakening" when she faced Justice for the first time and subconsciously released her full power out of self-preservation,  and Baiken underwent her own awakening (with Baiken even coining the term "Awakening" in one of the Accent endings) when I-No grievously injured her, but then proceeded to overwhelm her in the second round(though I-No obviously escaped before she could kill her).

27 minutes ago, Solhunter said:

It's stated by more than one source that Baiken was one of the survivors of Justice's assault on Japan, around the time she met That Man.  I-No has also commented on several occasions in GGXX and Accent Core that Baiken is nowhere near as young she appears to be.

As for Mizuha, the evidence is when she "awakened" after Geena's massacre at the diner: Going into a rage-induced trance that brings out their power unfiltered like Dizzy was typically known to do (which Testament has stated is a natural defensive function in Gears). May went through a similar "awakening" when she faced Justice for the first time and subconsciously released her full power out of self-preservation,  and Baiken underwent her own awakening (with Baiken even coining the term "Awakening" in one of the Accent endings) when I-No grievously injured her.

Ok, what are those sources? Again, I’m asking about longevity, not power. We already know that Japanese people have some kind of hidden power. How do you know that Baiken is 100 years old?

Sources for Longevity/Baiken's story:

--GGXrd Sign cites Japan was destroyed in 2074, according to Baiken the Gears attacked her village shortly thereafter.   Faust reads a book called "The Black Sunrise" which gives an account that the Japanese had mutated in to monsters and attacked their own.  This book was mentioned in Revelator and jives with Baiken's account which was first told back in GGX.

--According to GGXtra, the Japanese had been sealed away in Dimensional Colonies for 100 years.  This accounts for 2074 to 2174 which was most of the Crusades.  Anji Mito stole the Zessen in 2181, this removed the Colony Barrier allowing other Japanese to leave the Colony.  Baiken had been inside the Colony until 2180 when she attacked Justice.  How she escaped is unknown, just cited.  May was found outside the Colonies in 2174 by Johnny, again, how she got out is unknown, or she was never in the Colonies in the first place.

--It was said in GGXtra that only Japanese blood can activate the Zessen, however the Zessen is OutRage designed as an Anti-Gear device based on Gear Technology, and YET Anji Mito can wield it.  The OutRage were built in 2075 in response to Justice being built.  This means that Zessen has been in use for 100 years with no mention of the barrier being deactivated UNTIL 2181.

--GGXXAC I-No says Baiken is older than she looks.

--Baiken recalled a tall slender "man" standing among his Gears, however this may not jive with Asuka R. Kreutz account (Asuka was in America at the time Japan was destroyed in 2074)!  Anji Mito claims he recalled Crow Kuruwaba in GGXXACPlus, who may in fact also be Japanese, said by Baiken to be a traitor to his people.  Anji also implies Baiken mistook the Gearmaker for someone else in XrdRev2.  Crow was sealed away in Dimensional Prison until 2175 when he created the Seal to trap Justice.

--Maximus Ariels rose to power in 2177 and did not officially sanction the release of the Japanese until 2187, 10 years later, so Japanese residents have been sneaking in and out since before that time.  In Accent Core Johnny asked Anji if he knew of any Japanese survivors living outside the Colonies.  Anji said as of 2181 the only "escapees" were himself and Baiken, though he made no mention of Mizuha or Tyr.  This rules out May who must have lived outside the Colonies for some time.

--Baiken fought Asuka in 2181 during GGXX events but was too weak to fight him, choosing to grill I-No for answers instead but Anji stops her.  Anji meets with Asuka who explained everything to him.  Anji decided to help Asuka recapture I-No in Accent Core with Raven's help.  After that Anji stood by Baiken while watching Asuka from a distance.

--Baiken's recollection says she watched her family "burn" before her eyes, this jives with Gamma Ray being fired in 2074, and Baiken was a child at the time.

--Baiken has the physical strength to cut a house in half if her Instant Kill is accurate, she wonders if she's actually an "Oni" or Demon, though the rhetoric in her Intro implies all Gears are Demons making this world Hell itself from her perspective, which would make her a Gear in irony.

--Anji Mito was said to live in the "same village" as Baiken so he is technically a survivor, however his account of the events back then suggests he was too young to recall what happened, which is why he refers to Baiken as "big sis" (Anesan) being older than he is.  Yet he does recall Crow, so the "invasion of Gears" that Baiken recalls may not be the same as the Crusades that happened outside Japan.  Ogre Valley stage implies there was a war with Ogre Gears being fought INSIDE the Colony sometime later, which may or may not be related.

--The images depected in the book "Black Sunrise" of 2074 are identical to the Antimatter Gears (like Juzo Sano) that appeared in 2187, these also jive with Asuka's 2074 Report in Xrd Sign of the "Variable X" creatures, described as "giants with faces".

--May's Gear-like physical strength has been apparent since 2180, but she started feeling "Ki Overflow" symptoms in Xrd Sign as of 2187, this jives with Dr. Faust's medical notes on the medical treatment of the Japanese who eventually had to take Placebos or get "Tuned" to ease their symptoms.  Baiken had described feeling berserker-like symptoms in Accent Core if you follow her bad ending, this also jives with Mizuha's awakening symptoms in GGXtra and May as well in the first GG.  Mizuha was also drawn to the Gear Asteroid "Mothership" in GGXtra due to her electromagnetic power to resonate with it.

--Answer states in Rev2 that his ability to detect Ki is very poor, but even HE was able to sense Baiken's Ki from far away.  Only Gears like Justice and Valentines can generate such a "loud" Ki Signature signal (Kum Haehyun, Chipp, and Jam all cite this to be true), especially during the Babylon incident with Justice' Cradle Form which Chipp says was a massive amount of Ki.

--I should also add that Baiken has exceptionally long hair now, which could be a tell-tale sign of being a Gear, as according to Sin Kiske and Ky, they have to get haircuts every few days.

13 hours ago, Blade said:

Sources for Longevity/Baiken's story:

--GGXrd Sign cites Japan was destroyed in 2074, according to Baiken the Gears attacked her village shortly thereafter.   Faust reads a book called "The Black Sunrise" which gives an account that the Japanese had mutated in to monsters and attacked their own.  This book was mentioned in Revelator and jives with Baiken's account which was first told back in GGX.

--According to GGXtra, the Japanese had been sealed away in Dimensional Colonies for 100 years.  This accounts for 2074 to 2174 which was most of the Crusades.  Anji Mito stole the Zessen in 2181, this removed the Colony Barrier allowing other Japanese to leave the Colony.  Baiken had been inside the Colony until 2180 when she attacked Justice.  How she escaped is unknown, just cited.  May was found outside the Colonies in 2174 by Johnny, again, how she got out is unknown, or she was never in the Colonies in the first place.

--It was said in GGXtra that only Japanese blood can activate the Zessen, however the Zessen is OutRage designed as an Anti-Gear device based on Gear Technology, and YET Anji Mito can wield it.  The OutRage were built in 2075 in response to Justice being built.  This means that Zessen has been in use for 100 years with no mention of the barrier being deactivated UNTIL 2181.

--GGXXAC I-No says Baiken is older than she looks.

--Baiken recalled a tall slender "man" standing among his Gears, however this may not jive with Asuka R. Kreutz account (Asuka was in America at the time Japan was destroyed in 2074)!  Anji Mito claims he recalled Crow Kuruwaba in GGXXACPlus, who may in fact also be Japanese, said by Baiken to be a traitor to his people.  Anji also implies Baiken mistook the Gearmaker for someone else in XrdRev2.  Crow was sealed away in Dimensional Prison until 2175 when he created the Seal to trap Justice.

--Maximus Ariels rose to power in 2177 and did not officially sanction the release of the Japanese until 2187, 10 years later, so Japanese residents have been sneaking in and out since before that time.  In Accent Core Johnny asked Anji if he knew of any Japanese survivors living outside the Colonies.  Anji said as of 2181 the only "escapees" were himself and Baiken, though he made no mention of Mizuha or Tyr.  This rules out May who must have lived outside the Colonies for some time.

--Baiken fought Asuka in 2181 during GGXX events but was too weak to fight him, choosing to grill I-No for answers instead but Anji stops her.  Anji meets with Asuka who explained everything to him.  Anji decided to help Asuka recapture I-No in Accent Core with Raven's help.  After that Anji stood by Baiken while watching Asuka from a distance.

--Baiken's recollection says she watched her family "burn" before her eyes, this jives with Gamma Ray being fired in 2074, and Baiken was a child at the time.

--Baiken has the physical strength to cut a house in half if her Instant Kill is accurate, she wonders if she's actually an "Oni" or Demon, though the rhetoric in her Intro implies all Gears are Demons making this world Hell itself from her perspective, which would make her a Gear in irony.

--Anji Mito was said to live in the "same village" as Baiken so he is technically a survivor, however his account of the events back then suggests he was too young to recall what happened, which is why he refers to Baiken as "big sis" (Anesan) being older than he is.  Yet he does recall Crow, so the "invasion of Gears" that Baiken recalls may not be the same as the Crusades that happened outside Japan.  Ogre Valley stage implies there was a war with Ogre Gears being fought INSIDE the Colony sometime later, which may or may not be related.

--The images depected in the book "Black Sunrise" of 2074 are identical to the Antimatter Gears (like Juzo Sano) that appeared in 2187, these also jive with Asuka's 2074 Report in Xrd Sign of the "Variable X" creatures, described as "giants with faces".

--May's Gear-like physical strength has been apparent since 2180, but she started feeling "Ki Overflow" symptoms in Xrd Sign as of 2187, this jives with Dr. Faust's medical notes on the medical treatment of the Japanese who eventually had to take Placebos or get "Tuned" to ease their symptoms.  Baiken had described feeling berserker-like symptoms in Accent Core if you follow her bad ending, this also jives with Mizuha's awakening symptoms in GGXtra and May as well in the first GG.  Mizuha was also drawn to the Gear Asteroid "Mothership" in GGXtra due to her electromagnetic power to resonate with it.

--Answer states in Rev2 that his ability to detect Ki is very poor, but even HE was able to sense Baiken's Ki from far away.  Only Gears like Justice and Valentines can generate such a "loud" Ki Signature signal (Kum Haehyun, Chipp, and Jam all cite this to be true), especially during the Babylon incident with Justice' Cradle Form which Chipp says was a massive amount of Ki.

--I should also add that Baiken has exceptionally long hair now, which could be a tell-tale sign of being a Gear, as according to Sin Kiske and Ky, they have to get haircuts every few days.

Thanks for your replay, but once again most of the information you’re giving me talks about power, not longevity. And the rest is very vague and can be explained in other ways, simpler ways, like Anji calling Baiken anesan, that's not proof that she is a hundred, just that she is older than him.

“Baiken's recollection says she watched her family "burn" before her eyes, this jives with Gamma Ray being fired in 2074, and Baiken was a child at the time” Is it a confirmed that it was Gamma Ray or is just a supposition of yours? And what’s the source for Baiken’s year of birth?

What I looking for is a concrete source that says “Japanese people have longevity” or “here’s a list of Japanese abilities: Ki manipulation, strength, special blood, longevity, etc”. Do you have something like that?

Baiken's words to Asuka when confronting him (she asks "Why did you kill them? Why did you burn them?"):

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/25423681342/can-your-explain-why-did-baiken-decide-to-give-up

Baiken's Childhood Recollection (1:33 mark of GGX Anime Video):

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/97229802634/im-posting-this-here-because-of-reasons-leave

Please note that this cutscene has parts that were retconned from actual GGX dialogue, but so far it's the only "evidence" depicting Baiken's Childhood according to her bio information.

When Baiken's memory actually occurred during events is vague and unclear, but Daisuke Ishiwatari deliberately placed this information alongside the events that Destroyed Japan, so the two are connected, primarily because rampaging Gears were involved, but also their connection to "That Man".

Another piece of "vague evidence" is the Conclave who were supposedly the Overseers of the Japanese Colonies.  The Conclave Members Chronus and Axus supposedly have been "alive" since 1999.  Libraria was the youngest member supposedly, but their recollections on Magic and lifespans date back at least 100 years according to Axus and Chronus.  Chronus was an old colleague of Asuka's and even managed to live as long as he has!

That is not direct evidence that Japanese live long lives, but it IS evidence that the Conclave have lived an exceptionally long time as Humans.  How they did so is unknown.

Baiken's memory may be vague, but it's the only vivid  evidence we have that suggests she recalled the destruction of her people as a survivor.

If future GGXrd Episodes reveal more about Baiken's past, we'll be able to paint a clearer picture of events.

So far, however, because of the DNA transfer from Justice to Japan, it's implied most Japanese are Gears, and Gears are CONFIRMED to have long lifespans.  The Japanese who turned in to Antimatter Gears are further proof of this, as is testimony surrounding them.

Gears like Justice and Sol have lived 100 to 200 years, Dizzy's GGXPlus ending implies she'll live 200 years or more as well.  Izuna, as a Youkai, is implied to have lived since Japan's antiquity if the "Killing Stone Legend" is connected to Izuna as implied by his GG2 story.

Tyr from GGXtra is also a mystery, as he remained a child in appearance from 2162 to 2170 or so to get sealed away.  He hasn't aged at all when Ky meets him again in 2181.