Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

3 hours ago, Aegis High said:

None of the official Baiken bios call her survivor. GGXX AC+ says she is of Japanese descent. GG World says she’s one of the few remaining Japanese people in the world. And the entry for Japanese says the word Japanese refers to people from the country of Japan, which was destroyed, and their descendants.

I’m sure you know this, but in canon, when two sources contradict each other, the newer one is consider the correct one.

Then, it’s incorrect to say that Baiken being 100 years old is a fact?

Well, the one who wrote off Xtra was you, when you said you didn’t know if the story was canon or not. That’s why I asked, It is canon or not? It can’t be something in between.

If it’s not canon then everything about the barrier, the zessen, and Japanese being completely isolated for 100 years should be dismiss. And if it’s canon, you have to acknowledge that the Gear attack, in which Baiken’s parents were killed, happened in the Colony.

In Accent Core when Johnny asks Anji Mito if he knows any Japanese Survivors, Anji says "the only one I know is Big Sis" referring to Baiken.  You could argue the translation behind that, but in context Johnny was looking for May's parents who also disappeared, so it's not outside the question to consider Baiken as such.

"The new answer is the correct one" only applies to BlazBlue thus far.  GGXrd already has continuity errors in it that clash with the GG Bible's info on Kliff Undersn.  Gaiden applies to characters as canon, not events.

Baiken being 100 years old is a "theory' not a conclusion, you're free to disagree until more evidence is presented.

Asking me whether something "is canon or not", is forcing the issue when I lack evidence to say for certain.  It's like saying I "ate the pudding" when I don't know for sure what the "pudding" is supposed to taste like!

We'll get more "pudding" (story content) eventually!  Just be patient!

On 8/8/2017 at 5:08 PM, Blade said:

"The new answer is the correct one" only applies to BlazBlue thus far.  GGXrd already has continuity errors in it that clash with the GG Bible's info on Kliff Undersn.  Gaiden applies to characters as canon, not events.

No man, it applies to the fantasy genre, it’s called retcon.

Baiken being 100 years old is a "theory' not a conclusion, you're free to disagree until more evidence is presented.

But you said it was a fact. You said “Baiken IS 100+ years old. That's not a claim, it's a fact”. That’s why all this debate began. That’s why I asked you When was that stated? Don’t you remember?

Asking me whether something "is canon or not", is forcing the issue when I lack evidence to say for certain.  It's like saying I "ate the pudding" when I don't know for sure what the "pudding" is supposed to taste like!

We'll get more "pudding" (story content) eventually!  Just be patient!

Because you told me you didn’t know if the story of Xtra is canon or not. If you know that Xtra is not a credible source, Why are you using it as evidence? That’s my question.

On August 10, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Aegis High said:

No man, it applies to the fantasy genre, it’s called retcon.

But you said it was a fact. You said “Baiken IS 100+ years old. That's not a claim, it's a fact”. That’s why all this debate began. That’s why I asked you When was that stated? Don’t you remember?

Because you told me you didn’t know if the story of Xtra is canon or not. If you know that Xtra is not a credible source, Why are you using it as evidence? That’s my question.

1. I told you how Daisuke Ishiwatari explained his "personal definition" of Gaiden, if you can't accept that definition and only see it as a retcon, tough.  He prioritized characters over story, that's it. http://gear-project.tumblr.com/tagged/Gaiden

2.  I said it was a fact based on putting all the "current evidence" together, but you insisted I leave out any information pertaining to the Colony being 100 years old (or the prospect of anyone living that long, like the Conclave members), so that's why I conceded to it being a "theory".  At least for now.

3.  I'm using Xtra as evidence BECAUSE it pertains to the History of the Colony, it is (so far) the only major source that does.  Furthermore, it contains cited info from Ky Kiske that connects it with the "Golden Disc" GGX Drama CDs, and the Lightning the Argent novel.  All three of which were written by Norimitsu.  The only "reason" anyone could have for doubting Xtra's evidence is because Xrd hasn't mentioned it yet.  Heavy emphasis on "YET".

Not knowing enough info is frustrating, but you can't discredit evidence if nothing else completely discredits it.

We don't have solid evidence to state WHEN and WHERE Daryl ate the Pudding, but that doesn't mean he didn't eat the Pudding, his rocket-butt is the proof!

I'm not doubting anything you say blade even what's on the wiki as well what's in the game that Daisuke himself posted and if your at a lost Aegis High ask Daisuke on his twitter page about GG and the whole story to get your answer's your so wanted bad Blade has been telling you everything that was been posted on the wiki as well in all the  novels ,drama CD's and games even Sign,Rev,and Rev2 if that's not good enough for you then never will be happy and besides the game not done nor is the story.

17 hours ago, Blade said:

1. I told you how Daisuke Ishiwatari explained his "personal definition" of Gaiden, if you can't accept that definition and only see it as a retcon, tough.  He prioritized characters over story, that's it. http://gear-project.tumblr.com/tagged/Gaiden

I know about the Gaiden stuff, but still, the concept of retcone also applies to Guilty Gear. You said it yourself, that Ky and Dizzy's encounter in the Devil Forest presented in Dizzy's Episode Mode differs a little from what we previously knew.

2.  I said it was a fact based on putting all the "current evidence" together, but you insisted I leave out any information pertaining to the Colony being 100 years old (or the prospect of anyone living that long, like the Conclave members), so that's why I conceded to it being a "theory".  At least for now.

No, I didn't insist in leaving that out, (I didn't even say antyting about the conclave members, where this you get that?) I don't want this to be perceived as if I forced you to reach that conclusion. I asked whether the manga was canon or not, based on what you said, when you considered vague Baiken's background in Xtra, and I gave examples of "if - then" for both scenarios.

And still, even with the "current evidence" I still don't see concrete proof that Baiken is 100.

3.  I'm using Xtra as evidence BECAUSE it pertains to the History of the Colony, it is (so far) the only major source that does.  Furthermore, it contains cited info from Ky Kiske that connects it with the "Golden Disc" GGX Drama CDs, and the Lightning the Argent novel.  All three of which were written by Norimitsu.  The only "reason" anyone could have for doubting Xtra's evidence is because Xrd hasn't mentioned it yet.  Heavy emphasis on "YET".

Then Baiken's flashback presented in Xtra has more wheight because is supported by other official sources, Is tha correct?

13 hours ago, ReRe01 said:

I'm not doubting anything you say blade even what's on the wiki as well what's in the game that Daisuke himself posted and if your at a lost Aegis High ask Daisuke on his twitter page about GG and the whole story to get your answer's your so wanted bad Blade has been telling you everything that was been posted on the wiki as well in all the  novels ,drama CD's and games even Sign,Rev,and Rev2 if that's not good enough for you then never will be happy and besides the game not done nor is the story.

Blade made a claim, I'm just asking for evidence. Doesn't matter if "the game/story is not done yet", if he said Baiken being 100 yeas old is a fact, that means there is already evidence for that. So far the evidence presentes is not enough for me, so i'm asking for more. Sorry if you don't like that.

I'd rather take whatever information one shares with you with a grain of salt and leave it at that, even if you are not satisfied.

If the current evidence is not enough for you, then I might as well wait for more story content to come out. Otherwise, we're only beating a dead horse here. Just saying.

Yeah, I agree on what ValentineCult says, seriously Aegis, Blade is answering as close to canon as best as he can, and all your doing is being an ass and not getting a satisfied answer. Just don't push it. Although you did say sorry. But still...

18 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Yeah, I agree on what ValentineCult says, seriously Aegis, Blade is answering as close to canon as best as he can, and all your doing is being an ass and not getting a satisfied answer. Just don't push it. Although you did say sorry. But still...

Nothing about what Aegis did was wrong or being an ass. There is no concrete evidence for Baiken being 100 years old, so claiming it as a fact was wrong. Blade pointed towards some pretty good stuff in the Guilty Gear canon that supports what he now admitted to be a theory, and we can leave this behind now. Way too many pages of "Is it canon?" "Kinda." "No, is it canon?" "Some of it is."

I think we all got that there is no source that states "Baiken is 100 years old",  but she definitely is older than she looks. We can believe what we want to for now and leave this behind please.

Well Steve, that's what I thought, cause it seemed like it when I read the back posts, but oh well.

But yes, let's move on.

even if we want to move on from this Aegis not going to let it go but I want to move on from this matter as well and wait for more of the story to see how it ends for all the characters.