Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Time to bump this thread and discuss all the goodness we got with the recent developments.

Apparently, Ky is flying to Japan in his arcade opening. Yeah, not to Colony, but to Japan. Is that just how people call it nowadays, or did they revive the country while we weren't looking?

That's my point, yeah.

Is that new Valentine or ressurected previous one?

I don't think so. That Man at the end of Overture did say that millions of Valentines are being born everyday, or something to that effect.

I don't think so. That Man at the end of Overture did say that millions of Valentines are being born everyday, or something to that effect.

"Raven:

I agree. I expect it will be difficult to find the next Valentine.

That Man:

Possibly. Or tens of thousands will appear."

Well, they dont know exact number. I think its new Valentine ("Ramletherl" name and appearences are obvious arguments) but that speech about threat from Backyard makes me curious. It seems this Valentine is not that threat. "Old Valentine" was destroyed in Backyard and since no one has access to it (except That Man), i thought it could be related to her, thats where my question comes from.

That's my point, yeah.

I don't see why Sol would be in the colony, it would make more sense for him to be in Japan. Nothing to be gained by Sol for hanging out at a secluded area for Japanese people.

When Ky says Japan in the cut scene the kanji is 日本跡地(demolished site of Japan).

Also, when was it said where Sol is? All I heard was that they were going to retrieve(回収, is Sol a thing?) and then head to Japan.

There were some quick second scenes in the trailer where Venom, Millia, Faust, and Slayer all approach Zato. I wonder if they gave him a bigger role to play in the main story. In the Vastedge thread, we were speculating why the Senate had recovered Zato's body, and why Bardius can do some of Zato specials.

There were some quick second scenes in the trailer where Venom, Millia, Faust, and Slayer all approach Zato. I wonder if they gave him a bigger role to play in the main story. In the Vastedge thread, we were speculating why the Senate had recovered Zato's body, and why Bardius can do some of Zato specials.

Well maybe they revived him or something?

Well what could you expect, all those people already had close ties to Zato before. Faust not so much, but he knows that the Assassins are behind his patient dying, so confronting their leader is something that was bound to happen.

As for reasons behind reviving Zato, I'd guess that someone important (the Senate?) wants some of Assassins' services, and it wasn't possible under Venom's lead (was that even canon?).

Well what could you expect, all those people already had close ties to Zato before. Faust not so much, but he knows that the Assassins are behind his patient dying, so confronting their leader is something that was bound to happen.

Yeah, It was given for Venom, Millia, and Slayer. I over thought those facts. Faust did kinda threw me off though. It look like he was ready to sock Zato right in the face. I though the PWAB was behind the patient death?

As for reasons behind reviving Zato, I'd guess that someone important (the Senate?) wants some of Assassins' services, and it wasn't possible under Venom's lead (was that even canon?).

"Senato" or "Senate", I guess "Senato" since that was the way it was written on the bio. Either way, it means the same thing since Senato means Senate in Italian. Not sure if all the events in Vastedge was confirmed to be fully canon, but the speculation about Zato's body getting recovered by the Senato came from a tweeted picture with Millia mentioning it.

Yeah, It was given for Venom, Millia, and Slayer. I over thought those facts. Faust did kinda threw me off though. It look like he was ready to sock Zato right in the face. I though the PWAB was behind the patient death?

Oh yeah, forgot about the PWAB's involvement. Anyways, the single fact that Faust saves lives while Assassins take them (including his patient, even if that was PWAB's contract) should be enough for him to hate their guts.

"Senato" or "Senate", I guess "Senato" since that was the way it was written on the bio. Either way, it means the same thing since Senato means Senate in Italian. Not sure if all the events in Vastedge was confirmed to be fully canon, but the speculation about Zato's body getting recovered by the Senato came from a tweeted picture with Millia mention it.

I don't doubt that Vastedge is canon, I'm just not sure that Venom reforming the Guild under his lead is. Been a while since I played through XX/AC story modes, so I'm not sure which events happened when.

Info from recent stream. (NOTE: I am typing this after undergoing eye surgery so apologies if there are any spelling errors. I only have one working eye at the moment.)

-All characters' Arcade Modes now have full-fledged cutscenes (both fully animated and gameplay-style, all using the 3D models).

-Zato is indeed alive, with Eddie now working in tandem with him instead of controlling his body outright.. This is likely due to the Senate's interference (Millia makes a passing reference in Vastedge that the Senate retrieved Zato's body a while back). Eddie takes the shape of a lizard-like head whenever he needs to talk to Zato (kinda like Leviathan to Squigly in Skullgirls).

-His first opponent is Millia (No, their BGM is not Still in the Dark. Sorry everybody.). Venom is with Millia but departs before the fight begins. Ge reappears in the cutscene directly afterward.

Info from recent stream. (NOTE: I am typing this after undergoing eye surgery so apologies if there are any spelling errors. I only have one working eye at the moment.)

-All characters' Arcade Modes now have full-fledged cutscenes (both fully animated and gameplay-style, all using the 3D models).

-Zato is indeed alive, with Eddie now working in tandem with him instead of controlling his body outright.. This is likely due to the Senate's interference (Millia makes a passing reference in Vastedge that the Senate retrieved Zato's body a while back). Eddie takes the shape of a lizard-like head whenever he needs to talk to Zato (kinda like Leviathan to Squigly in Skullgirls).

-His first opponent is Millia (No, their BGM is not Still in the Dark. Sorry everybody.). Venom is with Millia but departs before the fight begins. Ge reappears in the cutscene directly afterward.

To quote holy zen on the revival of ZATO.

"HI I'M ZATO AND IM MOST CERTAINLY NOT DEAD!"

"Hooray, Zato's alive!"

This is getting into speculation territory (plus I strongly doubt that I'm the first to realize this), but now that reviving the dead has precedent in the GG-verse, does this mean that we could possibly see Justice and Kliff come back to life too?

This is getting into speculation territory (plus I strongly doubt that I'm the first to realize this), but now that reviving the dead has precedent in the GG-verse, does this mean that we could possibly see Justice and Kliff come back to life too?

....if the senate had the idea for kliff yes.....Crow would likely have to make more justice clones.

Lol, but i wound't be surprise if Ramletherl is one

Well, i do consider characters like Nu to be a more, certain approach to what a yandere's like. Ramletherl is more of a split personality character, yet i like her "passive-robotic" one thenFUCKZEWORLDDESTROYEVERYTHING.

Plus, i always liked them characters like, say, Metallica from the Witch and the Hundred Knights. Dem grins. <3

The small story from the ASW 25th anniversary book was never translated, right?.

You mean this:

Bumping the thread to summarize the new Guilty Gear short story in the Arc System Works 25th Anniversary Official Character Collection, titled The Unseen Sign.

The story starts out some time after the events of Guilty Gear 2, which have come to be known as Baptism Thirteen. Ky is delivering a speech to an assembly in Illyria, during which he says he believes it's time to redefine the relationship between man and Gear and officially proposes that they explore a pathway to peaceful coexistence.

It then cuts to the vaults beneath the Castle of Illyria, where Ky is talking to Dr. Paradigm. Ky wants Paradigm to be the representative for the Gears, though Paradigm is still unsure if humanity will ever be able to forgive the Gears, which were designed to destroy mankind, and notes that some are already calling for Ky to abdicate the throne. Ky says that he himself witnessed the Crusades, but now that the curse of Justice's control has been broken the Gears are free to pursue a life of peace. He says the Crusades are over and it's time for humanity to enter another Renaissance, explaining the capacity humans have for compassion, love, and forgiveness. He mentions the "Merciless Apocalypse," saying there are lurking threats and it's time for man and Gear to join hands and fight for the future. Paradigm is moved.

Ky then raises his eyes to look upon a winged, female figure sealed in crystal. Paradigm informs Ky that he can't break the seal on his wife yet, and that decoding the incantation will take a while longer.

Ky says, "Truly? Be patient for just a little longer, Dizzy...!" He gazes at her, and she seems to smile faintly.

Elsewhere, Sol and Sin have set up camp for the night, and are sitting around a fire. Sol's eating some meat and reading a newspaper headline about a vicious group of Gears attacking Illyria. He says there's something suspicious going on. Sin asks what happened, and Sol tells him to try and read it as reading lesson. Sin enthusiastically opens the newpaper up completely and starts to read it.

In short, it's misrepresenting Valentine's attack on Illyria as being the work of Gears, despite Paradigm and his pals risking their lives to protect the kingdom. He throws the paper into the fire. Sol explains that it's in response to Ky's proposal, and that even though there's still a lot of anti-Gear sentiment on the streets, he's popular and people trust him. He thinks that this is likely the Senate's way of trying to shift public opinion. Sin basically asks Sol the same thing Paradigm asked Ky... if it's possible for humans and Gears to coexist. Sol's response is to explain that Ky fought on the front lines during the Crusades, witnessed the fear and horror, and yet he's gotten past it, and that he and Sin's mother found happiness together.

Laying down with a groan, looking up at the sky, and closing his eyes, Sol says, "... At least, I hope it is."

Sin is surprised by the sentimentality and Sol angrily covers it up. Sol silently wonders what the Senate could be planning, and closes his eyes, but after a moment he suddenly opens them, feeling a strange, uncomfortable sensation. It's a sensation he felt several times before. He shakes his head.

Sol mutters through gritted teeth, "...I thought I'd have more time... I wasn't expecting you to show up so soon... Valentine!" He then grasps his incomplete weapon, Junkard Dog, and stands up.

To be continued in Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign.

TLDR: Ky is trying to promote human/Gear coexistence, the Senate is trying to undermine him, the Maiden of the Grove is confirmed to be Dizzy but isn't ready to be unsealed, another Valentine has emerged, and Sol hasn't finished constructing his new weapon yet. Also, Sin is finally learning how to read.