Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

I always assumed that was the full translation...

Suzaku said: "Bumping the thread to summarize the new Guilty Gear short story", I guess is a summary and not a direct translation line by line, I'm grateful for the summary anyway.

Well as we read on MMCafe forums, we got some story for Xrd on the line! Here's some stuff I got for you all.

Bedman's with the senate, Slayer believes the senate had something to do with faust's "incident" thanks to info from an informant (who's now dead sadly). So now we know of Bedman's affiliations.

Bedman didn't look like a good guy to me the moment he was announced. My question is; is the Senate the same or affiliated to PWAB in any way?

And it's a pretty big deal for Sol, Ky AND Sin to be fighting against Valentine. Each of them have more than enough capacity, specially Sol, to hold their own in a fight. She must be significantly stronger than the last Valentine from Overture.

Is Bullet Heaven the completed result of Junkyard Dog?

I would assume so, considering Bullet Heaven has "Junkyard Dog Mk.3" written on it.

Okay, I just finished overture, and I'm thinking. When That Man said "It is your job to be there at that time" to raven in the stinger part of mission 20, I get a feeling we may see Raven in the story somewhere, as we know that man is set to appear too.

Nothing too interesting about her: she has seen Ramlethal's announcement many times by now, but this time, Ano Otoko is involved, so she goes to Japan to check some things out.

Nothing too interesting about her: she has seen Ramlethal's announcement many times by now, but this time, Ano Otoko is involved, so she goes to Japan to check some things out.

"One of the inner circle of three people subdue the that man" (google translator)

I was interested in this line but then i realised that third servant could be just Anji.

I translated Sol's in the news thread.

Honestly, most of the characters profiles are just more of the same, but with a "they heard Ramlethal's announcement so they are going to Japan" tacked onto the end.

The personalities for some characters have been updated to reflect changes since GGXX... For example it mentions that Ky now considers other points of view and is not so hung up on his own notions of justice, but that he's still passionate, which is a trait that endears him to his followers. It mentions that Sol's allies have come to accept his taciturn personality, as well.

The new stuff for Ky and Sol is basically that the three of them (including Sin) are heading to Japan together to ascertain the truth behind Ramlethal. Ky is of course dealing with the Senato and has made waves by proposing that mankind and Gears should live in peace. Sol is back to searching for That Man.

Chipp was inspired by the formation and rapid development of of the United Kingdoms of Illyria and is working to become President. He's currently the leader of the "Eastern Chipp Kingdom," which started out as a village but has grown to a population of over 20,000. He's working on learning politics, but his earnestness and care for the people has made him popular, and the citizens call him Okashira, "boss."

The Assassin trio storyline all revolves around Zato-1. Venom has been trying to improve the reputation of the Guild since taking command. He's approached by the Senato with a job offer, and they're offering Zato's revival as payment. He approaches Millia about this. Meanwhile, Zato, whose soul had been in a sort of limbo (hell?), is revived, but he's imprisoned by the Senato. He escapes to try and find Millia, the only person he really trusts.

Slayer gave Faust some information on the circumstances behind his botched surgery (the Senato was apparantly involved), but Slayer's own story is basically just him being curious about Zato's return.

Potemkin was promoted to a position as a Secret Military Diplomat, and he's heading off to Japan because of Ramlethal's threat. Same for May, who just wants to beat up the bad guys that keep annoying the world.

I-No's been jumping through time and changing things for fun for a very long time, so she's familiar with Ramlethal, but this time That Man is somehow involved, so she's interested for a change.

Axl, who can't control his timeslipping, wound up in a time he'd never been before where he met someone called the First Man, who told him to go back in time and deliver a message to the Gearmaker (That Man), so now he's trying to figure out a way to find That Man.

Bedman's basically a complete mystery, more or less an "eraser" that exists only to eliminate failures. His bed is outfitted with an independantly rotating head which can rapidly relay feedback on his entire environment. He can kill people by invading their nightmares and having them die in their dreams. Even though he's always asleep, he's actually very intelligent, very proud, and doesn't care about other people at all.

To expand on certain things in Suzaku's post:

According to Millia's page, Venom realizes that a few things are sketchy, so he asks her to investigate the Senate while he does the job they requested. Zato, meanwhile, was apparently imprisoned by the Senate due to being completely apathetic after his revival; the only thoughts that have him actually feel anything are those of Millia, though he doesn't know why, and decides to escape so he can meet her.

The question of why Ramletherl is staying in Japan is brought up in Potemkin's page, as well as that he has a bad feeling about his sortie.

Bedman is described as existing only to eliminate obstacles, and he won't do anything unnecessary.

Quite interesting.

Bedman is now officially better than Freddie Krueger, liking how Venom is skeptical on the whole revived Zato payment, and yay someone agrees that the black void of Zato's personal hell is like limbo!

Anyways on a serious note.... "The First Man" is intriguing...anything on him in terms of appearance? As for Chipp's village....he's starting somewhere on his quest to be president...by being...BANG SHISHIGAMI (joking because he has people call him boss, lol)

I actually thought of Bang as well when I read that info on Chipp, so nothing to be ashamed of. Chipp is sounding pretty boss already, but his stage is the Japanese colony lol.

Surprised the Assassin's Guild members are working together, last I remember they (most likely Venom) was trying to coerce Ky in Overture if I remember correctly... And Bedman really sounds like a villain.

Looking at Axl's story again, "the First Man" is actually a mistranslation. It just says, "a single man appears before a troubled Axl."

Got ya...still made me laugh thinking the "first man" could be an ancestor to the gear maker

Once again, I was actually thinking the same thing. The First Man, great ancestor of, That Man and his offspring That Kid lol.

Man, this would have been really fucking hilarious lmao. Imagine the entire 'That' family.

Thanks for the info, you guys.