Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Since his name was officially translated as "The Man" with that Vastedge stuff, I imagined "The Guy" and "The Kid".

But yeah, looking forward to seeing what happens when Axl bumps into Sol now. They're not exactly on bad terms since Axl happens to also like Queen, but Sol will probably be in his face if he knows that Axl wants to find That Man now. Also, it's refreshing to know that I-No has been time skipping and dicking around since that seems really in character. I always figured she was a bitch because she had to follow That Man's orders instead of doing more fun things. Or maybe because she wants Freddie Mercury's **** and can't have it even though she can totally go back to when he's alive.

I like how I-no just decides to fuck around in her off time, she's a bitch on the clock and off.

But yea, a lot of stuff seems to be happening and many plotlines developing. Interesting to see where it goes, particularly the Assassin's story line.

I remember Blade posting something about Order Sol's sword actually being the first to adorn the name "Junkyard Dog" is this true and where was this revealed. It also explains why Junkyard Dog Mk. 3, bears a stronger resemblance to Order Sol's sword than either of Sol's Fuuenken he used in XX or GG2.

Any info on Ky's Magnolia Eclair 2?

Surprised the Assassin's Guild members are working together, last I remember they (most likely Venom) was trying to coerce Ky in Overture if I remember correctly... And Bedman really sounds like a villain.

Actually, The only mention to the guild made in Overture was Ky telling a soldier in Mission 2 or 3 to not contact the guild yet. So apparently Venom or anyone of the guild weren't coercing him. And Bedman sounds like a neutral character. He just breaks what's on the way and don't care about the rest.

In other news, That Man is now officially married with That Woman. Sources confirm that possible names for their children include That Chick and That Kid.

Bedmen is working with The Senate if I remember the profile translations. That sounds decidely not neutral.

I said that a page or two ago I think, he killed Slayer's informant since the senate seems to be behind the failed operation that Faust experienced before becoming Baldhead the serial killer

So we still don't have any idea what the hell Bedman's deal is, right? I mean, we know he's with the government but what's with all the TV imagery? The static, color bars, etc.

I remember Blade posting something about Order Sol's sword actually being the first to adorn the name "Junkyard Dog" is this true and where was this revealed. It also explains why Junkyard Dog Mk. 3, bears a stronger resemblance to Order Sol's sword than either of Sol's Fuuenken he used in XX or GG2.

Any info on Ky's Magnolia Eclair 2?

The whole thing with Junkyard Dog seems to have been "retconned in" since we never got any close pics of Order-Sol's sword until that recent illustration from Accent Core Plus R (the one with Ky's head poking out from behind that pillar Order Sol is leaning on).

Anyway the label just says "Junkyard Dog", so it's safe to assume that:

---Junkyard Dog was that slab of Steel Order Sol uses.

---Junkyard Dog Mk. II is the upgrade he got for VastEdge.

---Junkyard Dog Mk. III is his most recent version. (Mk. II and III appear to hold the core of the Fireseal inside them).

About all I can say about Magnolia Eclair II so far is that it was "given" to Ky on his Birthday (November 20th) it doesn't say what year. Eclair means "Lightning" in French.

Oh yeah, and "Durandal Call" (the move with the big swords that come out) is called "Durandal" because of King Charlemagne of France (a French King, much like Ky). It's the famous sword Charlemagne owned.

Bedmen is working with The Senate if I remember the profile translations. That sounds decidely not neutral.

Azrael is working with Sector Seven in BB. He just wants to wreck some faces, therefore he is neutral. We don't know why is Bedman working with The Senate.

That Man I still want see who he is.Also consirding Bedman's position I say it must be the reason or just doing it for kicks. Also I-no was always doing her own things when she is not working for the Gearmaker.

In other news, That Man is now officially married with That Woman. Sources confirm that possible names for their children include That Chick and That Kid.

This made me laugh.

Don't forget about their nephew, That One Guy.

The whole thing with Junkyard Dog seems to have been "retconned in" since we never got any close pics of Order-Sol's sword until that recent illustration from Accent Core Plus R (the one with Ky's head poking out from behind that pillar Order Sol is leaning on).

Anyway the label just says "Junkyard Dog", so it's safe to assume that:

---Junkyard Dog was that slab of Steel Order Sol uses.

---Junkyard Dog Mk. II is the upgrade he got for VastEdge.

---Junkyard Dog Mk. III is his most recent version. (Mk. II and III appear to hold the core of the Fireseal inside them).

About all I can say about Magnolia Eclair II so far is that it was "given" to Ky on his Birthday (November 20th) it doesn't say what year. Eclair means "Lightning" in French.

Oh yeah, and "Durandal Call" (the move with the big swords that come out) is called "Durandal" because of King Charlemagne of France (a French King, much like Ky). It's the famous sword Charlemagne owned.

Thanks for the info, I knew Durandal had to do with knighthood, since I always heard the name with regards to Knights, like in Monster Rancher.

Oh yeah and based on what I've heard so far... "Original Man" may be the Sage who wrote the "Sage's Testament" book on the Backyard. In other words "Original Man" is the guy who discovered the Backyard (and Magic) by accident in 2010.

He seems to have met Axl Low in 2192 and can talk to him psychically. "Original Man" wants him to pass a message on to "That Man" (The Gearmaker). That's all I know so far.

.... Valentine disturbs me now seeing how she just grabbed sol at the end

Also the senate seems to be making their move.

.... Valentine disturbs me now seeing how she just grabbed sol at the end

Yeah, apparently there's more than one Valentine besides her and what she was doing was basically suicide, she was going to blow herself up and take Sol along with her.

What what a *Kliff* hanger ending...

Does anyone want to translate the dialogue between Ky and Sol, specifically when they meet in Neo New York, Ky said something about Kingship and his sword.

What what a *Kliff* hanger ending...

two things, 1. insert pride and glory here, and 2. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

anyways, to what you said Tokkan, you may have a point on the point on more valentines...but I didn't think she was gonna kamikaze Sol

and to blade on the translation...I assume it's just the Xrd trailer convo but different, I know Ky and Sol exchange the "I guess there's no more reasoning here?" *fight stance* "Now you're talking my language, you better not have grown soft" before the fight starts

and to blade on the translation...I assume it's just the Xrd trailer convo but different

Pretty much. The only major differences were Sin's involvement in the conversation, Ky mentioning he had something to talk about (with Valentine, if I'm inferring correctly), and I think something about being king not dulling his sword skills.

The "symbol / pillar" that appears in the Sky above Babylon and basically nukes it is the same symbol that appears on the book locket on the "Sage's Testament" Backyard Book in the opening. It also appears "briefly" when the Title appears (in flames), and from what I heard also appears in Sol's Dragon Installed "Instant Kill".

So it has a link to the Backyard.

And the fact that Ramlethal is calling humans "imitations" / "worthless dolls" (dekisokonai domo ningyou) implies that she's the real deal instead. I don't know why that would be, but her being an "Apocalypse" might have something to do with it, according to the Gearmaker.

Yeah, apparently there's more than one Valentine besides her and what she was doing was basically suicide, she was going to blow herself up and take Sol along with her.

Was that her own intention to blow up exactly Sol or someone else order?

Well I saw Ino and Zato's arcade modes so here' something I can talk about from what I can guess

As we all know, Zato's plot fight is in the beginning with Millia instead at the end XD, and are stage 7 it has ramethal's declaration of war on the world too.

For some reason he can also turn into a puddle via seeing his intro against ramethal's prior to the actual fight.

Zato's ending has the whole moment of Ramethal's nuke attack, and it has him monologuing on something, and he does mention Millia too.

I-no's story is essentially stuff on how she seen ramethal's many times and such due to being a time jumper of sorts. Her plot fight is against sol. Couldn't tell what they were saying but I assume it's something plot related or just the obligatory argument between I-no and Sol "shithead" Badguy. (See accent core plus to get my little joke)

Her fight with ramethal after the battle also mentions sol, for whatever reason I know not, but her arcade ending did make me wonder "Secret fight!?" Considering when Axl shows up it was like there was an in-game battle at that point.

Translated stories for Sol, Ky, and I-No are up on youtube, thanks to our good friend Soorenga.

All right, now to see if Ino and Sol "Shithead" Badguy had their argument. Lol

Her fight with ramethal after the battle also mentions sol, for whatever reason I know not, but her arcade ending did make me wonder "Secret fight!?" Considering when Axl shows up it was like there was an in-game battle at that point.

I-no is Axl's final boss in arcade and her final dialog with him is actually his pre-fight dialog. Axl says to her that he has a message for That Man afterward. Axl's sub-boss is Bedman, who wants to kill him for some reason