Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Robo-Ky

Careful! 1 aerial counterhit from a level 2 missile and roboky can followup with an airdash into another lvl2 missile. If you get hit by both, you become dizzied = instant kill :eng101:

I don't think he even needs the airdash, he can just spam more after the hitconfirm. But yea, Level 2 missiles have 2.0x dizzy modifier, which is awesome when you play as robo-ky, but really annoying when you play against him. Taking these CHs is the fastest way to give him the match. A perfectly TKd air missile is only 11f startup too, so be very careful.

Yeah, I played against a really good roboky this past saturday and it made me realize just how little I know about him. I'm reading up on his data info and strat guide to see just what the hell is happening. Hopefully after I play him again this coming saturday, I'll have some good info I can use to writeup a matchup here.

Thought that this was an +R match video for a moment, lol.

I'll probably do a write-up breakdown of the match video later on... Maybe.

Other than that, watch for 5D stuffs.

... maybe use Glitch Fish Summon as an option for okizeme stuffs?

Man I'm sorry guys, I've been busy and haven't checked back here in a while.

Anyway, here is a video of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGCyrnOAeK8

It uses the delayed summon version of 214H~K. If you haven't seen this version, basically the fish comes out like a HS laser, then switches to the K bite. Then, right after it bites, it switches back to the rest of the HS laser animation.

How it works against roboky's delayed wakeup is that the starting animation shows a laser fish, so it may tempt roboky to use his delayed wakeup. Then, instead of a laser coming out, it'll switch to a bite, which will whiff as it bites right before roboky wakes up. He might then think, "Ooh, Dizzy messed up, now I get to wakeup without a meaty on me," but then the laser will come out immediately after the bite. The timing of such will let you instantly crossover, and follow up with a combo and knockdown.

The input is this:

throw > 214H~_K > IAD > (land) > 421
> IAD ]S[ (laser) > AD > j.2S > j.H > (land) > dash > c.S > 5H > 2H > icespike

Kind of confusing, hopefully the video clears up any confusion. Oh and also, should be SRK safe as the fish will eat the first hit. Haven't tested this version for SRK safety but other similar setups yield SRK safety :)

This should help.

You'd probably have to try out other okizeme positioning stuffs (corner, non-crossup), as well as other regular KD methods besides throw (Ice Spike, 2H, 2D), to see what else could work, relative to your match-up experience.