Sign in to follow this  
Circuitous

[+R] Potemkin Combo Discussion

A lot of AC combos still work, so when in doubt just autopilot 2S > Heat.

SUPER SICK AIR COMBOS

It's all weight/height dependent, so you'll have to do some experimenting to know what to do in any given situation.

A.B.A: c.S > 2S > 2H > Hammerfall Break, j.P > j.K > jc.K > j.S > j.H |> c.S > 2H > Heat Knuckle (187 / 196)

Press your Ps and Ks quickly, slightly delay the j.H. She falls really fast so it's pretty easy!

Axl: c.S > 2S > 2H > Hammerfall Break, j.P > j.K > jc.K > j.S > j.H |> ????

Delay the first j.P until he's in his vertical falling animation. Do the rest quickly until the H. Also, Axl is REALLY easy to followup on APB with - just do f.S > 2S > Heat. Great damage and way easier than falling j.H stuff.

SUPER SICK GROUND COMBOS

... 2D > Hammerfall Break FRC, 5K > c.S > 2S > Heat.

Hope you like hitting buttons!

I'm pretty sure those first 2 chains don't really work? At least 5K 2S 2H HFB sj.P j.P j.K j.S j.H c.S 623H drops the 623H when I do it. I find myself finishing combos with APB just because it is easier to get than 623H.

Potemkin's combos are so character specific now. I find with some characters like Axl I end up just doing sj.P j.K j.S j.D because he tends to fall in this arc that makes j.S drop otherwise. But Zappa seem to get hit by everything.

Ok, so I'm messing around with doing 6K>632146H, 6H>HF(frc)6P 623H/tk.APB. But it seems to be shakable? I checked the +R wiki and it didn't say by how much shake inputs reduced stagger by. I'd like to know if anyone knows off hand.

Anybody found any interesting ways to combo off of 6K that aren't the 1 frame hammerfall thingie? I'm willing to spend the meter.

Or a half decent dust combo? Man dust is really bad, but I feel compelled to at least Know a legit combo from it.

Circ posting via Amadeous. Hi.

Yeah c.S > Heat and c.S > f.S > Heat doesn't work now there. It doesn't seem to work in general anymore, just doing it off simple AA confirms, so maybe something was wrong in the frame data? It claims 1 active frame in AC but I've seen the hitboxes and that doesn't add up...

Anyway, 6P is a better option, but of course difficult to time. j.S > j.D gives knockdown and is consistent across the board, so when in doubt just do that.

To test stagger reduction, generally Slip Recovery Level 2 is considered comparable to good human reactions, Level 3 is perfectly optimal, Level Max is boss AI.

Combos off 6K... well, if you really want an interesting combo, there's 6K > 2D > HFB FRC 5K > stuff. FAB does it! You probably won't. :(

Dust combos, you can do 5D homing jump FD j.S, land 2S > Heat for a basic impossible dust option, maybe get c.S > f.S in there depending on how good your timing is. 5D homing jump j.H > j.H > j.H > APB also works.

Okay Amadeous here, and I'm going back to playing Jam now.

Edited by Amadeous

@Circadeous

Nothing fancier than those dust combos? I feel like with all the ways we can manipulate height and falling that we could get a better combo if I could just figure it out.

Also holy crap on the sweep combo. I tried to do it before, but I gave up when I looked at the frame data. It's super tight and at least for me awkward to input. Maybe some day.

Also at some point we need to group things based on who the combos work on. I know I would have liked a reference sheet of what works on who, I'm sure some other guy will want for it down the line.

The problem with fancier Dust combos is that while we have more ways to manipulate height, they just don't work the same way in Dust combos. Your character falls far differently in a homing jump.

Now, you could probably do 5D homing jump FD j.S |> c.S into an air combo. I haven't tested it but I'm guessing it would work. But with 5D's proration...

I've never done a ground combo of 5D j.H j.H. Can you tell me more about the execution? I'll try it, but I gotta say my executions is actually quite bad and I spend many many hours drilling combos even in easier games like BB, so any hints could get you info that many hours earlier.

It's really hard, but after hitting the 5D, you have to do the first j.HS as soon as possible, then continue to hold up (so you get a dust jump cancel) and then double jump immediately to cancel the dust jump, then hit j.HS. The second j.HS gives you the impossible dust setup, and you fall down to the ground. The timing is really crazy though, maybe only 2-3F room for error in the whole thing?

In regular AC, you could do: 5D > j.H > jc, dj, j.H |> 5H 632146H, 6H 623H ...

Which is ~230 damage (vs Sol) for 50% meter and a whole lot of stun.

Honestly though I'm super lazy and just impossible dust by doing: 5D > jc, dj, j.H |>

Which is a bit less damage but 10x easier to do.

I guess now you might be able to get some other types of air loops instead though, maybe something like ... 5D > jc, dj, j.H |> 6P > sjc.P j.K j.S j.H ......

Give that a try and see if you can come up with some interesting stuff. Someone told me Potemkin had some really nasty new corner combos in ACPR but I haven't seen them yet, maybe if anyone sees any videos of FAB, see if he does anything crazy. His Hammerbreak FRC stuff is pretty tough execution wise but seems like it would be very useful once you had it down. Anyone tried doing stuff with corner 6HS -> Hammerbreak FRC yet?

Yeah you're probably right there honestly. I was thinking somethings like... 6HS HFB FRC 6HS, or 6HS HFB FRC 6P > air combo. But you can probably do that second one even after the HF hits. And 6HS loops would be much less useful now that they don't do shit for stun damage anymore.

Transcribing some of the interesting stuff from the FAB video that people might find useful.

For reference:

HF = Hammerfall

HFB = Hammerfall Break

APB = Air Potemkin Buster

6K HF FRC, 2H HFB, > sj.P j.P j.K j.S j.H |> 2H ...

Vaguely near the corner, maybe you can get something after it? 25%

2S 2H HFB, > sj9, APB FRC |> 2S 2H HFB, > sj.9 APB

Anywhere, was done on Faust, maybe character specific. 75%

Also I was not aware the FRC on APB was on the recovery (ala the old PB FRC). :I

f.S Heat Extend RC, HFB, 6H HFB, 5P > jc7.APB, c.S ...

Corner only. 2H Heat not possible instead of c.S? 75%

5P 5K 2S 2D HFB FRC, 5K 2S Heat

New staple combo pretty much. Get your fingers moving. 25%

... 5P 2H ...

Apparently this works as an air juggle now? Or did it always work? Done after a corner PB, not sure what use it might have.

PB, f.S 2S Heat

This one is obvious but it works on Sol too apparently? Anyone know who exactly it does and doesn't work on yet?

5P 5K 2S 2H HFB, > sj.P j.P j.K j.S j.H |> c.S > jc9.APB FRC |> 2S 2H Heat

Mentioned in the OP but this is another version of that, done on Ky at mid. Wonder how character specific it is. 50%

CH 2H HFB, 2H Giganter ...

Well that's probably not practical but it is hilarious. Probably the fastest way to stun someone now that 6HS is nerfed.

Edited by Koozebanian Fazoob

Transcribing some of the interesting stuff from the FAB video that people might find useful.

For reference:

HF = Hammerfall

HFB = Hammerfall Break

APB = Air Potemkin Buster

6K HF FRC, 2H HFB, > sj.P j.P j.K j.S j.H |> 2H ...

Vaguely near the corner, maybe you can get something after it? 25%

2S 2H HFB, > sj9, APB FRC |> 2S 2H HFB, > sj.9 APB

Anywhere, was done on Faust, maybe character specific. 75%

Also I was not aware the FRC on APB was on the recovery (ala the old PB FRC). :I

f.S Heat Extend RC, HFB, 6H HFB, 5P > jc7.APB, c.S ...

Corner only. 2H Heat not possible instead of c.S? 75%

5P 5K 2S 2D HFB FRC, 5K 2S Heat

New staple combo pretty much. Get your fingers moving. 25%

... 5P 2H ...

Apparently this works as an air juggle now? Or did it always work? Done after a corner PB, not sure what use it might have.

PB, f.S 2S Heat

This one is obvious but it works on Sol too apparently? Anyone know who exactly it does and doesn't work on yet?

5P 5K 2S 2H HFB, > sj.P j.P j.K j.S j.H |> c.S > jc9.APB FRC |> 2S 2H Heat

Mentioned in the OP but this is another version of that, done on Ky at mid. Wonder how character specific it is. 50%

CH 2H HFB, 2H Giganter ...

Well that's probably not practical but it is hilarious. Probably the fastest way to stun someone now that 6HS is nerfed.

Combo 6 is wonky.

Works on: Both Sols, Slayer, Anji

Maybe: Axl, Dizzy, Zappa, Faust.

Everyone else is inconclusive with my terrible testing.

Basically any old Potemkin impossible dust combo still works now, so referencing AC combos works fine.

Don't spend a lot of meter on 6H starter, it prorates like shit now (but only as the first hit, because ASW's silly).

Also, 2D > HFB FRC 5K is fucking ridiculous, considering it a staple combo makes my head hurt. Never once landed it.

2H HFB jump combos: you vary your options here based on character weight.

• Lightweights: HFB, sj.P > K > slight delay S > slight delay H, land shenanigans.
  • Midweights are the same, just more Ps until they're at the right height.
  • Heavyweighs: HFB, j.P > K > jc.K > slight delay S > slight delay H, land shenanigans.

Only person I've really had trouble with now is May, can't get j.S to hit her at all. Too damn floaty. Maybe Kliff, too? He seems easier somehow, hurtbox is better I guess.

On heavyweights you have the option to j.P > j.K > jc.APB. Even on lightweights you can just sj.APB (or at least it works on Jam), so you still have ways into APB.

Speaking of Jam, best I've gotten so far is: c.S > 2S > 2H > HFB, sj.P > j.K > j.S > j.H |> c.S > 2S > Heat > Extend, for 227 damage. Just a pinch under 50%. If you time the j.H right you can prolly get 2H > Heat?

c.S > 2S > 2H > HFB, j.P > j.K > jc.APB, f.S > 2S > 623H does about 50% on Axl for 25 meter and is pretty much free. He's so easy to follow-up APB on.

Axl's got a weird combo of hurtbox/gravity that makes falling j.H followups really awkward, but I'ma keep at it for a bit.

Edit: Got it! For Axl, you need to do HFB, j.P > j.K > jc.K > j.S > j.H |> stuff. The trick is to slightly delay the first j.P until he's in his "vertical" falling animation. This keeps him low enough for everything else to work. Don't delay the j.S.

c.S > 2S > 2H > HFB, j.P > j.K > jc.APB, f.S > 2S > 623H does about 50% on Axl for 25 meter and is pretty much free. He's so easy to follow-up APB on.

Axl's got a weird combo of hurtbox/gravity that makes falling j.H followups really awkward, but I'ma keep at it for a bit.

Edit: Got it! For Axl, you need to do HFB, j.P > j.K > jc.K > j.S > j.H |> stuff. The trick is to slightly delay the first j.P until he's in his "vertical" falling animation. This keeps him low enough for everything else to work. Don't delay the j.S.

Sweet. Now I have something new to work on. I'm all pumped for Gear from the TGS Xrd trailer. Edited by Osuna

Let me know if you find anything good after the j.H. I think I once got c.S > 2S > Heat to work but I haven't since, so I'm not sure...

I also posted up a working A.B.A combo in the OP, it's probably the easiest one I've done so far.

Faust is pretty easy. sj.P > j.P > j.K > j.S > j.H |> c.S > 2H > Heavenly. Almost no delay on the air buttons.

I can't get c.S > 2S > Heat or c.S > 2H > Heat to work. Maybe j.H |> 2H > Heat would work, but I can't get the timing.

Faust is pretty easy. sj.P > j.P > j.K > j.S > j.H |> c.S > 2H > Heavenly. Almost no delay on the air buttons.

I can't get c.S > 2S > Heat or c.S > 2H > Heat to work. Maybe j.H |> 2H > Heat would work, but I can't get the timing.

Let me know if you find anything good after the j.H. I think I once got c.S > 2S > Heat to work but I haven't since, so I'm not sure...

I also posted up a working A.B.A combo in the OP, it's probably the easiest one I've done so far.

on faust you can sj.P > j.P > j.K > j.S > j.H |> c.S > tk.APB frc 2H > 623H from mid screen into the corner. Does 1 point less damage than HPB but I like heat knuckle oki and the option to burn more meter for the kill.

On Axl, I was getting sj.p > j.p > j.k > j.S > j.H to hit really low using the same concept, but even though I was hitting it pretty reliably before I seem to be screwing it up everytime now that I want to test what I can follow it with. So either I was doing real good before and it is hard, or it isn't super hard but my bad execution is a barrier.

on faust you can sj.P > j.P > j.K > j.S > j.H |> c.S > tk.APB frc 2H > 623H from mid screen into the corner. Does 1 point less damage than HPB but I like heat knuckle oki and the option to burn more meter for the kill.

On Axl, I was getting sj.p > j.p > j.k > j.S > j.H to hit really low using the same concept, but even though I was hitting it pretty reliably before I seem to be screwing it up everytime now that I want to test what I can follow it with. So either I was doing real good before and it is hard, or it isn't super hard but my bad execution is a barrier.

Re: Axl, I'm having the exact same issue. I had it for a while, came back the next day and it was gone. I can't even blame a stealth patch since my PS3 doesn't have internet access... so weird.

Didn't consider APB after the landing c.S, mostly focusing on meterless options when I explore this stuff, I just got the 2H, realized Heat didn't work, and wrote Heavenly. :v:

Not that Potemkin isn't chock full of meter nowadays since we're not spending it on every Buster.

Hello guys.

I'm having trouble trying to do the APB loop in the corner (c.S > APB > c.S > APB and so on). More exactly, I'm having trouble doing the APB in the right direction (to stay close to the wall).

Do you have some advice to get the inputs right? It should be something like (right corner) c.S > jc.7 > APB... but it seems I'm inputing 8 or 9 in the process so I get the wrong direction and everything is messed. Is there an easier way to do it (TK APB for example?) or do I just have to train again and again?

Thanks.

Hello guys.

I'm having trouble trying to do the APB loop in the corner (c.S > APB > c.S > APB and so on). More exactly, I'm having trouble doing the APB in the right direction (to stay close to the wall).

Do you have some advice to get the inputs right? It should be something like (right corner) c.S > jc.7 > APB... but it seems I'm inputing 8 or 9 in the process so I get the wrong direction and everything is messed. Is there an easier way to do it (TK APB for example?) or do I just have to train again and again?

Thanks.

Try doing c.S > 6321476D instead.

randomly messing around and i have no reason to keep this tech... after 5K>2S>2H HFB ~ sj.P>P>K>S>delay H on midweights, the gravity modifier (from all those air hits) hooks you up and lets you 2H xx heat. you also enough untech to do 2S xx heat. it turns out 2S and 2H have the same startup; therefore if your timing is great and you can get both j.H and the opponent as close to the ground as possible, you can plink 2H~S xx heat for consistency. not to say that lowest j.H is easy by any means, but reducing 1f (?) links in combos is usually a good thing.

you probably need a different variation for heavyweights and axl. probably impossible on lightweights.

Sign in to follow this