Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteelCoil

[P4U2] Labrys - Speculation and Discussion Thread

Chie specific combos worked in blue and even gray axe now on P4U. That's normal.

As long as you got AT j.214B to connect, then the axe lvl didn't matter.

I was surprised they were even in the loketest though.

Finally have a picture of Labrys new bubble thanks to the Dengeki articles. Although, it's only a picture of the bubble after it traps someone in it. I doubt the bubble is that big in neutral unless you do the SB version. Looks good, though the fact that it leaves them floating in the air somewhat limits what sort of combos we can do off it.

Overall, looks like ASW is more or less pleased with where Labrys is right now based on the number and the nature of her changes from this loketest. Game comes out in a week. We'll probably find out more then. I look forward to carefully analyzing all the Labrys footage. Probably need to create some new threads for P4U2 too.

moderate hype get.

Also, this.

Ariadne is still out. Meaning she probably stays out for awhile after the ball is released. I dont recognize that frame shes in so I think its safe to say shes not doing another persona move.

Hmm. Maybe the existence of bubble is why they took out hold Tsurugi. It might be possible to release the bubble and do tsurugi while the bubble is still floating around. If she could hold tsurugi placement and have the bubble floating around, thatd be really good. And she could lockdown and allow herself to get in decently. Hope bubble is a decent starter though. Sure as hell doesnt do a lot of damage on its own

Looks like Platinum's bubble move, haha.

I imagine you're not going to be allowed to do bubble and tsurugi at the same time, but I could be wrong. If you can do it, then the bubble catching the opponent in the air is pretty unimportant, since you can just suck them back down to the floor with a sword.

I imagine you're not going to be allowed to do bubble and tsurugi at the same time, but I could be wrong. If you can do it, then the bubble catching the opponent in the air is pretty unimportant, since you can just suck them back down to the floor with a sword.

Unless Ariadne disappears before the bubble does, then this won't be happening unless the game now allows the use of two different Persona specials while the Persona is out.

Anyway, just read the Dengeki article on Labrys. It's mostly a basic rundown, but I think it confirmed how BI works now (could just be me misinterpreting it, but it seems to imply that the move does freeze the opponent in place like Yukikaze in BlazBlue), and calls it a strong reversal.

Meaning she can most likely avoid oki on her wakeup and deal pretty much half life in the process. Oh boy

But we're still limited to only using it in awakening. But still, if it works like that then its going to be extremely scary

Yeah, that would be pretty good if it were still like it is now but it's probably going to get toned down in damage or the window where it auto-counterattacks will be specific or only start at a certain period. Otherwise, it would pretty much be GGs for almost the entire cast if they triggered Red Axe B Brutal Impact no matter how much life they have, lol.

Yea, will probably have toned down damage because of this change. We'll have to see if both A and B version can be used as a counter.