Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

This will absolutely never happen but, what if one of the social links got a persona somehow and they were playable? If that for some reason DID happen, who do you guys want?

I personally want Kazuchi cuz he was my favorite social lick and my first maxed one ever.

@ wildcandy Might want to spoiler that, just in case since you never know.

Sorry, wasn't thinking.

Anyway, I like the idea of a playable Mageret, and a playable Koromaru is awesome!

Oh, and don't forget Ken Amada!

Me want Reaper. He has appeared in both Persona 3 and 4 so why not here. Besides, who wouldn't want to play with a monster who can kick your ass with dual revolvers with four feet long barrels?

The same people who want to play as Hitler from Persona 2

OMG WHERE IS HITLER IN THIS GAME?! I completely forgot he was in Persona 2!

A strange possibility if the secret boss in Arena does end up being Nyarly.

Me want Reaper. He has appeared in both Persona 3 and 4 so why not here. Besides, who wouldn't want to play with a monster who can kick your ass with dual revolvers with four feet long barrels?

I'd instant main him. Though, I only see him working as a persona so we would need someone to fight with him.

Shadow characters can't do EX supers because they don't have an awakening mode

Ehhh, the EX-Supers take 75% of the super bar, normal supers take 50%

Do the math

Here are some shadow related tweets from @LordKnightBB

-Shadow characters hold meter between rounds (like SF4)

-Shadow chars dont go into awakening

-During shadow berserk mode, you can do unlimited special cancels??? (@jiyunaJP also says that it allows to spam supers on a timer)

-Shadow characters have different movesets

So the cast has effectively doubled. I approve of this.

I like the sound of this :kitty:

Edited by Hecatom

I wouldn't mind getting an adult Ken, really.

And to those who didn't expect this update to happen (me included): there's a P3 movie coming soon.

I hope new game means more palettes, I didn't like some of the old ones. I hope the shadow characters are tourney viable because they effectively double the game's matchups in a weird way. They just seem like ex characters with different meter and burst functions right now.

I should've known Arcsys would do something like this the last few months before BBCP is released (5-6 months at the least), now I'm hyped for not one but two full blown updates to my favorite Arcsys games

I hope new game means more palettes, I didn't like some of the old ones. I hope the shadow characters are tourney viable because they effectively double the game's matchups in a weird way. They just seem like ex characters with different meter and burst functions right now.

Shadow characters were confirmed to have different move sets, they aren't clones.

Steve ロードナイト@P4EVO ‏@LordKnightBB 1h

seems like shadow characters have different movesets. they are not clones.

I'd instant main him. Though, I only see him working as a persona so we would need someone to fight with him.

Give The Raper a persona of its own. Problem solved. Or maybe Reaper wouldn't have a proper persona but has skills which corrensponde with persona usage (like magic spells and its normals focus on psychical abilities)

Shadow characters sound nutty as fuck. Because they're so swingy, they'll probably either be nuts good or nuts bad with a couple of exceptions either way.

All this different meter shit and legions of clone charas makes me feel like P4A is turning into Melty

Junpei gets stronger each time he hits you with his bat move. He can also strike back enemy projectiles.

Yukari's arrows induce various statuses, like confusion or charm. By hitting the opponent with Garu, her arrows can track the enemy.

Shadow characters were confirmed to have different move sets, they aren't clones.

Steve ロードナイト@P4EVO ‏@LordKnightBB 1h

seems like shadow characters have different movesets. they are not clones.

So barring Liz and S.Lab, the roster doubled? I'm beginning to like this concept a lot, I just hope to high heaven they don't end up broken.

I'm not sure how they can change Akihiko for a shadow form. Do they make him play like Makoto because if they do, I'm sold. :MK:

I'm not sure how they can change Akihiko for a shadow form. Do they make him play like Makoto because if they do, I'm sold. :MK:

They could make his Persona actually useful also.

They could make his Persona actually useful also.

True, true.

What good would that do though now that his persona only has two cards?:arg:

If the hidden baddie at the end of Arena is who they were hinting at, they could likely add whoever the hell they wanted at this point.

Except for P3MC. Poor guy.

I think the "hidden baddie" is the long dormant Nyarlahotep who was the antagonist of the first two persona games.