Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Liz also gets a counter that forces negative penalty and apparently gets bigger spells when she awakens.

Air 2B is also good.

I only have one wish and that is, DO NOT REGION LOCK THIS GAME WHEN IT GET'S A CONSOLE RELEASE!!! D:<

Been sour for a long time because of that >__>

Can't wait for any loketest vids if anyone manage to get some :)

I only have one wish and that is, DO NOT REGION LOCK THIS GAME WHEN IT GET'S A CONSOLE RELEASE!!! D:<

If they do that, they'll have to take away the choice to have Japanese voices for story scenes and only have them for battles (like the exact reverse of the Japanese releases of BBCS and Extend). And you know the amount of rage from the Dual-Audio crowd that will happen then.

Edited by Tokkan

If they do that, they'll have to take away the choice to have Japanese voices for story scenes and only have them for battles (like the exact reverse of the Japanese releases of BBCS and Extend). And you know the amount of rage from the Dual-Audio crowd that will happen then.

Better that than the game never coming out in Europe and Australia because Zen United are an atrocious company.

Localization in general might be weird given the fact that Atlus is going to be under different ownership by the time a console release comes out.

Hell, if somebody like Sega gets them we might all be equally fucked.

Lots of goodness here, I'll translate it when I get home (in about 3 hours).

Thanks SoWL. Looking forward to it.

Also, lol @ that one screenshot of Junpei doing the Umpire "Safe!" pose

So aside from the first floor of Tartarus, Junes is now a new stage. Also a few of the old stages have a blood red sky or background? I'd guess Dark Hour if it weren't predominantly green.

So..character predictions:

My guess is that we will around about 6 New Characters..

3 - From Persona 3: Koromaru,Yukari,Junpei Iori

2- From Persona 2: Maya Amano,Tatsuya Suou

1 - from Persona 4: Tohru Adachi

I like how every other character in the changelist has new moves and its all sunshine and puppies. Then you get to Naoto and the second hit of her autocombo hits low. That said I am excited.

If they add more characters/story I'd guess that whoever the big boss is ends up in the game.

It would probably be the

Eerie Voice or Malevolent Entity that show up at the end of the first game's story

that fill the spots or maybe Margaret (she could end up looking for her little sis, picture that one) and another P4 character.

So I heard they nerfed Yosuke's damage.....lololololol that makes sense /sarcasm

Not sure why they only gave him 3 persona cards either since Jiraiya isn't all that hard to hit, but ah well idk if I can get back into this game. Great the persona fans got a sequel though! *goes back to play GGAC until +R drop*

So I heard they nerfed Yosuke's damage.....lololololol that makes sense /sarcasm

Not sure why they only gave him 3 persona cards either since Jiraiya isn't all that hard to hit, but ah well idk if I can get back into this game. Great the persona fans got a sequel though! *goes back to play GGAC until +R drop*

I haven't heard of any character doing more damage so far. Everybody seems to do less.

Maybe it all got moved to the shadow versions.

So goddamn hype for this.

I'm going to be really conflicted on character choice though, Yukari's playstyle looks like exactly what I was missing from Yukiko and Naoto.

I'd be surprised if we saw more than 2-3 new characters. The shadow mode is going to be a pain to balance as is.

Well this is unprecedented news to wake up to. Dunno about anyone else but this made me dust off my P4A copy and immediately play off a few rounds. I mean, damn P4A was an unexpected project and this new version (consensus seems that it is a sequel as opposed to just an update) came out of nowhere. Bravo ASW and Atlus.

So is Persona 2 canon to Persona 3/4? I see a lot of people saying Persona 2 characters should be playable, but I thought the universes were different.

So current cast + Junpei and Yukari = 15 characters

add the shadow versions of everyone sans Liz and S.Lab and we have a roster of 28 assuming the shadow characters movesets are different enough to count them as seperate characters.

So goddamn hype for this.

I'm going to be really conflicted on character choice though, Yukari's playstyle looks like exactly what I was missing from Yukiko and Naoto.

I'd be surprised if we saw more than 2-3 new characters. The shadow mode is going to be a pain to balance as is.

If this is a Sequel than i would expect 4-6 New Charcters..ASW are probably working on this game as we speak..i think it's pretty responsible to expect more than 4 Charcters in Persona 4 Arena 2...

So is Persona 2 canon to Persona 3/4? I see a lot of people saying Persona 2 characters should be playable, but I thought the universes were different.

Yes Persona 2 is Canon..so yes they can add Persona 2 Charcters..i would love to see Maya Amano and Tatsuya Suou

If this is a Sequel than i would expect 4-6 New Charcters..ASW are probably working on this game as we speak..i think it's pretty responsible to expect more than 4 Charcters in Persona 4 Arena 2...

Well, people are saying that there are 2 extra slots left for two more characters. If the rumor holds up, that'd be 4 new characters, plus all the shadow business. Seems like a hefty amount of characters to me.

Well, people are saying that there are 2 extra slots left for two more characters. If the rumor holds up, that'd be 4 new characters, plus all the shadow business. Seems like a hefty amount of characters to me.

I wouldn't mind just 4 New Charcters i just would like to see 2 More and counting the Shadow Versions..that would bring the number of charcters to 34 which is a great number for a fighting game..if there are two more charcters left..i hope they are from Persona 2

I thought ASW were a relatively small company... how are they managing console CP, GG Xrd and Persona 2?