Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I thought ASW were a relatively small company... how are they managing console CP, GG Xrd and Persona 2?

They have different teams working on each game but they are all in the same company

Yes Persona 2 is Canon..so yes they can add Persona 2 Charcters..i would love to see Maya Amano and Tatsuya Suou

dont see tatsuya making it in, for story reasons

This is minor but if everyone has the same colors from the last game glasses and all, I want everyone's 17th and 18th color to available to more than just Japan. It seriously bugged me knowing there was 2 colors I had no access to.

Knowing ASW + All the new content + new everything, it's gonna be a new game.

Looks like a new game altogether.

Aside from rebalance there's: New Stages, New Characters, New Moves and alternate versions of most of the old cast.

That sounds like enough to call an entirely new game.

He's trying to keep you from spoiling people

My point actually was that it was Izanami who was the main villain, but that explanation works, too.

Finally at home, getting to the translations straight away.

Adachi is busy atoning for his sins in prison, so chances are rather unlikely unless an EXTREME ass pull Deus Ex Machina is made.

He was a good guy in prison and moved him to a cell with TV

New character 1: Junpei Iori

Persona: Trismegistus

Junpei now works as a coach for a schoolboy baseball team. His battle style is also closely connected to baseball.

A cheerful young man, Junpei is dressed in baseball clothes, so it is not surprising that he also has a special baseball gauge (that you can see on the screenshots). This gauge has a scoreboard that keeps track of the score accumulated by hitting the enemy with specific special moves. When the score is high enough, the character’s performance improves.

Swing that bat, whoosh, whoosh! As in the original game, Trismegistus has some fire attacks.

Though I didn’t examine this character in great detail, there is a super-move that gives you a whole bunch of points. After getting about 10 points, Junpei also started shining? He feels like a powerful close-ranged fighter with the emphasis on powerful single attacks. You can also use that back to strike back various projectiles shot at you!

A button normals: bare-handed attacks. The reach is pretty short? Ah, you can also do a dive kick similar to Narukami’s in the air!

B button normals: attacks with the bat. Have the best reach in Junpei’s arsenal.

C button normals: Trismegistus attacks by shooting fire.

D button normals: Trismegistus rushes forward.

Special move 1: Junpei swings at the enemy with a bat. This is the special at the end of the AAAA combo.

Special move 2: Junpei slides forward! Hits low and low-profiles many moves. It also feels like you can follow it up after a dash… (doesn’t remember clearly)

Special move 3: Junpei assumes the bunting pose. It has a hitbox, since I was able to reflect the enemy projectile with this.

Special move 4: Junpei strikes a pose, as Trismegistus falls down on the enemy. The distance depends on the button pressed.

SP Skill 1: A fiery swing full of excitement! You can also hold down the button.

R-Action: Charge the power and swing with the bat! You can hold it for quite a while, too.

There was a lot of other stuff, but I couldn’t check it out… Sorry!

Junpei strikes the “Safe!” pose, and the Persona falls on the enemy. The opponent is certainly going to be surprised by this.

The sliding that every baseball fan loves so much! Junpei is shining, but is that because it’s the victory pose?..

Does Junpei heal over time, or is that ability scrapped from his gameplay? What about these new characters reversals?

New character 2: Yukari Takeba

Persona: Isis

After graduation, Yukari’s been working as an actress in various super-sentai shows. This time, she’s wearing a Featherman suit. She even wears the mask, though she takes it off before the fight begins.

A strong-minded young woman that hails from Persona 3. Since she fights with a bow, she makes for a good zoning character. She combines various long-ranged attacks with applying various status ailments (such as charm and confusion). If the arrow passes through the special Garu swirl, it becomes enchanted and tracks down the opponent!

Most of Yukari’s attacks are long-ranged projectiles. I had fun shooting the opponent down!

A button normals: Yukari kicks at the enemy’s feet.

B button normals: On the ground, Yukari shoots an arrow upwards. You can hold down the button, too! In midair, you can change the angle of the shot by tilting the stick.

C button normals: Isis creates a Garu swirl that attacks the enemy.

Special move 1: Yukari shoots an arrow straight forward. You can charge this move, too.

Special move 2: Isis creates a ball of wind and throws it in a parabolic trajectory.

Special move 3: Yukari covers the arrow with some kind of poison? The exact properties of this move are unknown.

SP Skill 1: An arrow that tracks the opponent’s position. It’s shot really, really fast!

Awakening SP Skill: A huge tornado appears on the screen. The exact position depends on the button pressed.

R-Action: A dashing attack that gets Yukari behind the opponent.

That’s all. Sorry for not trying so much stuff! (Especially the D normals).

Yukari can create Garu spheres all over the screen. It seems you can also do it in midair.

An explosion of a flashy special move! Of course, the cut-in is there, too.

Yukari has some melee attacks and throws, too. Though difficult, it seems that she’s able of fighting up close, too.

I was wondering what Yukari was wearing in the screenshots and now I know. Glad the game is getting more then just 2 new characters. New moves and such sounds good.

Well, the whole actress in Sentai Films explains the whole weird get up... I think Junpei's the only one from Persona 3 who actually wears normal clothing...

I might try Yukari after seeing some gameplay footage, but I'll most likely stick to Yukiko and Naoto.

Although, it hardly surprises me that Yukari was made a zoner, because her weapon is a bow, which usually launches projectiles, and she had a similar position in the original games as Yukiko. (A healer who was great at one elemental spell, in Yukari's case, Garu skills, and in Yukiko's case, Agi skills.)

By the way, does anyone else find it ironic that Yukiko's name means snow, but she uses fire based attacks instead?

Lastly, the individual characters impressions, some of which have already been posted.

All characters: New moves added. Auto-combos mostly changed.

Yu: Can now feint Raging Lion (B).

Chie: SP God Hand hits twice?

Yukiko: Maragi’s explosion can now be delayed by holding down the button. Has a new “Firebird!” line.

Yosuke: Has a new auto-combo during Sukukaja.

Kanji: Can use command throws even during Persona Break.

Teddie: Can use All-Out Attack in midair.

Naoto: Can now attack with her parry even if the enemy doesn’t hit her by inputting an additional command.

Akihiko: Max Cyclone level is now 5. 2C is now an anti-air throw.

Mitsuru: Specific B specials can now be cancelled by holding down the button for long enough.

Aigis: Two new special moves (a command throw and a dodge).

Labrys: The R-Action becomes unblockable if charged for long enough.

Elizabeth: All skills get improved in Awakening.

Shadow Labrys: Two new specials added (a rocket-punch and an anti-air grab).

All of the Yukari notes I'm seeing and hearing here and on Twitter are sounding good. Can't wait to see what stays and what will go in the end. Thanks for the Translaton SoWL!

Wait, Kanji doesn't need his Persona to command grab? Naoto can use her parry with a separate command. That is underwhelming. Well, maybe I should go all Junpei.

Lastly, the individual characters impressions, some of which have already been posted.

All characters: New moves added. Auto-combos mostly changed.

Yu: Can now feint Raging Lion (B).

Chie: SP God Hand hits twice?

Yukiko: Maragi’s explosion can now be delayed by holding down the button. Has a new “Firebird!” line.

Yosuke: Has a new auto-combo during Sukukaja.

Kanji: Can use command throws even during Persona Break.

Teddie: Can use All-Out Attack in midair.

Naoto: Can now attack with her parry even if the enemy doesn’t hit her by inputting an additional command.

Akihiko: Max Cyclone level is now 5. 2C is now an anti-air throw.

Mitsuru: Specific B specials can now be cancelled by holding down the button for long enough.

Aigis: Two new special moves (a command throw and a dodge).

Labrys: The R-Action becomes unblockable if charged for long enough.

Elizabeth: All skills get improved in Awakening.

Shadow Labrys: Two new specials added (a rocket-punch and an anti-air grab).

With Aigis is the command throw a special or a super, or are there both? ^_^ (If you happen to know)

With Aigis is the command throw a special or a super, or are there both? ^_^ (If you happen to know)

Those are both specials, I believe.

Thanks for the translation SoWL!

I'm so psyched about Junpei; he was one of my favorite characters in P3 the whole baseball gimmick sounds pretty interesting. I'm not a fan of zoning characters usually but I'm still curious about Yukari.

The whole thing took me by surprise, just like everyone else here. When I saw the thread, I went with the assumption it was a ''what if they made a P4A sequel'' topic.

Am I the only one who doesn't hate Ken and wouldn't mind seeing him in the game as well?...like more than Koromaru...dat spear