Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Lastly, the individual characters impressions, some of which have already been posted.

All characters: New moves added. Auto-combos mostly changed.

Yu: Can now feint Raging Lion (B).

Chie: SP God Hand hits twice?

Yukiko: Maragi’s explosion can now be delayed by holding down the button. Has a new “Firebird!” line.

Yosuke: Has a new auto-combo during Sukukaja.

Kanji: Can use command throws even during Persona Break.

Teddie: Can use All-Out Attack in midair.

Naoto: Can now attack with her parry even if the enemy doesn’t hit her by inputting an additional command.

Akihiko: Max Cyclone level is now 5. 2C is now an anti-air throw.

Mitsuru: Specific B specials can now be cancelled by holding down the button for long enough.

Aigis: Two new special moves (a command throw and a dodge).

Labrys: The R-Action becomes unblockable if charged for long enough.

Elizabeth: All skills get improved in Awakening.

Shadow Labrys: Two new specials added (a rocket-punch and an anti-air grab).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4s7Fi6BF3s

All I really needed to hear from this title. Yukari and Junpei info is a very welcome bonus. Thanks a lot SoWL.

Kanji: Can use command throws even during Persona Break.

Thank christ. He needs some other buffs though. Not huge ones, but he definitely needs something to deal with mid range powerhouses and another way to deal with projectiles that's reliable. Kanji was very close to being a pretty solid B~A tier character with two buffs which I mention over and over again: Make 2AB duck mids (and make it 2 frames faster) and make ex beatdown full projectile invuln the entire time.

Edited by Henaki

...Kanji: Can use command throws even during Persona Break.

Well, this is certainly a nice buff :kitty:

Well, this is certainly a nice buff :kitty:

As is 5C being able to cause the paralysis effect. That ought to give him some more control over his opponent's movement since his Furious Action was hardly intimidating and Zio was very unlikely to hit.

As is 5C being able to cause the paralysis effect. That ought to give him some more control over his opponent's movement since his Furious Action was hardly intimidating and Zio was very unlikely to hit.

It gives him some long~midrange threat but his biggest issue was dealing with strong/fast mid range presence and full screen projectiles. He doesn't need options to win those wars, but he needs a single option that's viable in those situations, he currently has none.

I am so excited to find out about this that I'm not sure what to say. :O Is there a list of how many persona cards each character has?

So, shadow versions of everyone + Aigis = Metis is playable, right?

I love that Kanji's 5A is now the second hit of his old auto-combo. Better range, better combo options (maybe perhaps?), better damage.

It gives him some long~midrange threat but his biggest issue was dealing with strong/fast mid range presence and full screen projectiles. He doesn't need options to win those wars, but he needs a single option that's viable in those situations, he currently has none.

Well it isn't like the game is complete right now. We know from the first P4A that ASW isn't above patching glaring flaws (like that Chie 5B Fatal Counter) so give it time. If they could make freaking Tager be a more viable option in BBCP, they can do it for Kanji as well.

Well it isn't like the game is complete right now. We know from the first P4A that ASW isn't above patching glaring flaws (like that Chie 5B Fatal Counter) so give it time. If they could make freaking Tager be a more viable option in BBCP, they can do it for Kanji as well.

Yeah, I mean, it's a nice buff and all, but it doesn't really solve the problems that need solving. They did this with Tager too. Instead of fixing fundamental gameplay problems, they added more gimmicks for like 3 straight games in a row. They did it for a reason too: Tager is intentionally meant to be low tier to not frustrate players. The buffs I'm proposing would do little to harm low to mid level play while highly stabalizing his high level ability to compete, and push him into the 4-6 matchup territory almost instantly.

I'd like to see what they keep doing, but I'm not really getting my hopes up for good balance changes with Kanji.

I love that Kanji's 5A is now the second hit of his old auto-combo. Better range, better combo options (maybe perhaps?), better damage.

where did you hear this?

I'd like to see what they keep doing, but I'm not really getting my hopes up for good balance changes with Kanji.

Well, I won't tell you to put blind faith that ASW will make Kanji top tier, just that you wait it out. I mean, I mained Elizabeth in P4A for goodness sake, a character that was arguably one of the worst in the game along with Kanji. I can only hope she gets some nice buffs that allow her to deal with the competition more consitently because those vs. Mitsuru matches still make me shit my pants :gonk:.

where did you hear this?

In the Kanji thread? Though it's not confirmed or anything, and the second sentence is just me speculating. At the very least, I'd just like Kanji to have better range on his pokes.

In the Kanji thread? Though it's not confirmed or anything, and the second sentence is just me speculating. At the very least, I'd just like Kanji to have better range on his pokes.

Sorry, which Kanji thread? I haven't heard anything of the such on twitter, jp bbs, dustloop forum, etc. His 5AA and 5AAA changed though!

Excited for the new update and new characters, and everything...

Though kind of peeved that so far the only note for Naoto is '2nd hit of AAA is low'

Hope she gets a few more toys. I'm actually expecting her SMP loops to be nerfed (read: fixed) but who knows really?

Sorry, which Kanji thread? I haven't heard anything of the such on twitter, jp bbs, dustloop forum, etc. His 5AA and 5AAA changed though!

5AA replacing 5A?

v:v:v

What about Maya..do you think she is likely to get in?

I don't think they will add any P2 characters simply because they are not very recognizable.

So, as people pointed out, we have potential 2 more reveals for the game. Like many others, I requested P3MC and Margaret. But then I remembered they do not carry enough swag in their presence and changed my vote to Igor. The power in that nose has gone on underestimated for far too long.

What about Maya..do you think she is likely to get in?

from what i remember about P2EP, yes, Maya is the more likely of the 2, the whole reason the stuff that happens in EP is because you're in another world and Tatsuyas consciouness from the original world is there, making him a paradox and by the end of P2EP tatsuyas consciousness leaves the body of this worls tatsuya, so he doesnt remember anything and doesnt have a connection with Maya and thats the world where P3 and P4 takes place, so for Tatsuya to appear as a playable character is unlikely, unless if its just for fun and not story reasons

from what i remember about P2EP, yes, Maya is the more likely of the 2, the whole reason the stuff that happens in EP is because you're in another world and Tatsuyas consciouness from the original world is there, making him a paradox and by the end of P2EP tatsuyas consciousness leaves the body of this worls tatsuya, so he doesnt remember anything and doesnt have a connection with Maya and thats the world where P3 and P4 takes place, so for Tatsuya to appear as a playable character is unlikely, unless if its just for fun and not story reasons

Maybe the evil entity in this game could restore his memories and sent him into the other world

I don't think they will add any P2 characters simply because they are not very recognizable.

I agree. As far as I liked P1 and P2 -the one that got released out of Japan for PSX-, they are not really popular games and P3 and P4 takes quite a turn in most of the aspects, so they will probably forget about P1 and P2 as if they never existed.

I agree. As far as I liked P1 and P2 -the one that got released out of Japan for PSX-, they are not really popular games and P3 and P4 takes quite a turn in most of the aspects, so they will probably forget about P1 and P2 as if they never existed.

True but still it would be cool for Persona Fans..Koromaru and Ken are the most likely charcters along with the Main Villain of P4..