Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Giving kanji the option to command grab during persona break seems weird. Why make an exception for one character? Do you think it'll be a different, less powerful version of his command grab that doesn't use the persona? That makes sense to me since it wouldn't be making an exception just for him and he still keeps the utility of the command grab.

Maybe the evil entity in this game could restore his memories and sent him into the other world

Yet if the Evil Entity is indeed Nyarlathotep, why would he bring back someone who helped wreck up its shit through the course of two games? Logically, wouldn't you want to keep as many potential threat away from your very evil and carefully laid out plan? The only way I see this happening is if Philemon decides to break his silence but then the better idea is to revive P3MC instead since his consciousness is readily available and if he leaves the seal, Lizzie can just OHKO Erebus with Thanny all day long while he and the others go kick ass.

Yet if the Evil Entity is indeed Nyarlathotep, why would he bring back someone who helped wreck up its shit through the course of two games? Logically, wouldn't you want to keep as many potential threat away from your very evil and carefully laid out plan? The only way I see this happening is if Philemon decides to break his silence but then the better idea is to revive P3MC instead since his consciousness is readily available and if he leaves the seal, Lizzie can just OHKO Erebus with Thanny all day long while he and the others go kick ass.

If they get into inventing any silly excuse to resurect P3MC I will move all my Persona games to the shelf with my american superheroes comic books full of stupidly resurected people.

Seriously, I totally dislike the idea.

Maybe he just wanted to be a dick i don't know..Arc System Works could find a way to make it work..

Yeah, I mean, it's a nice buff and all, but it doesn't really solve the problems that need solving. They did this with Tager too. Instead of fixing fundamental gameplay problems, they added more gimmicks for like 3 straight games in a row. They did it for a reason too: Tager is intentionally meant to be low tier to not frustrate players. The buffs I'm proposing would do little to harm low to mid level play while highly stabalizing his high level ability to compete, and push him into the 4-6 matchup territory almost instantly.

I'd like to see what they keep doing, but I'm not really getting my hopes up for good balance changes with Kanji.

I am interested to know what are the buffs that you want to see for him.

BTW, i think that the problem is not that he lacks the tools per se, but as usual they sound better on paper than in reality.

Giving kanji the option to command grab during persona break seems weird. Why make an exception for one character? Do you think it'll be a different, less powerful version of his command grab that doesn't use the persona? That makes sense to me since it wouldn't be making an exception just for him and he still keeps the utility of the command grab.

I think that there is a good chance that he ends using a less powerful version like you say, where he doesn't use his persona, which makes sense imo.

Edited by Hecatom

@stickystaines What else but that?

@Kuminos564

Did you forget what Elizabeth's goal is? To find a way to make sure that Erebus will die for good so that P3P can be freed from the great seal. So doing such an ass pull would make her story pointless.

You know with the Shadows of everyone being playable it must mean they come back somehow in this game's plot even if it is the said entity copying them. There's a dumb but feasible way they could make the P3mc playable. Have a shadow-mode copy of him in the roster so he's still dead and Liz' mission still has meaning. Everyone wins that way.

Well not really but close enough.

I could easily see Minato Arisato/Protagonist /Makoto Yuki be a playable charcter. Maybe between Persona 4 Arena and 2 Elizabeth has found a way to kill Erebus for good and uses the help of the P3/P4 Cast in order to help her act out her plan

I am interested to know what are the buffs that you want to see for him.

BTW, i think that the problem is not that he lacks the tools per se, but as usual they sound better on paper than in reality.

Already mentioned i the thread: Sweep ducks mids (Mitsuru 5A, Yu 5B, Liz 2B) with slightly faster startup. This would make whiff punishing these moves possible, but you'd get at best a knockdown for your efforts. This move already (inconsistently) does this job, but improving the consistency and reality of doing this would make it so if they make a mistake or you make a really good guess, you stand a minor chance at mid range. Since you have less mobility than al of these characters, they can readjust for sweetspots and you can't. This would mean Kanji can make opportunities at a range where he has literally zero other than blind BD action.

The other improvement, Ex Beatdown beating projectiles (for 100% of the active frames), would mean Kanji would have a consistent answer to 100% beat huge projectile attacks like Liz beam and pretty much anything Slab does. The latter would be riskier, the former would mean that while Kanji still has to work his way in, once he has meter he can start fighting a mid range game (which Liz wins for sure) after a couple good choices. In that range, Kanji has high opportunity for his two necessary chances to win.

Both of these changes would do a lot to stabilize his bad matchups where his weaknesses hit him hardest.

@Kuminos564

Did you forget what Elizabeth's goal is? To find a way to make sure that Erebus will die for good so that P3P can be freed from the great seal. So doing such an ass pull would make her story pointless.

I know. I was just pointing out why Tatsuya is not exactly a viable option. Besides, isn't Lizzie on her great journey after having obtained the Fool arcane for herself? If you recall, the Fool is often the symbol that indicates Philemon's champions (even though he doesn't directly influence them to fight his battles for him). And Lizzie's goal of "saving P3MC" can mean anything. It does involve the destruction of Erebus outright, but that action affect the MC in some potentially different ways.

Maybe he just wanted to be a dick i don't know..Arc System Works could find a way to make it work..

Well, being a dick in some form is a job requirement for most villains that are called the Waking Chaos. Still, there's being a dick and then there's being a stupid-dick-set-to-fail.

@Malcopunch No. If they are going to draw Elizabeth's quest to its conlusion, it just simply cannot be something what happened off screen.

However, speaking of "character is actually a Shadow", I think that might allow Adachi to be in the game. His Shadow manifests itself in where ever the game takes in place and runs around

Edited by TPPR10

Just hope for some

false shadow copy of the guy, because that's the only way I see a playable version of him happening without screwing up the canon

Man, Trismegistus falls down hella fast!

The movelists of the chars are out, here they are.

https://twitter.com/Aristobule/status/368394290336002049/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Aristobule/status/368393966003056640/photo/1

Yukari:

Furious Action:

Feather☆Slasher - B+D

Skills:

Feather☆Arrow - 236A/B (can be done in midair)

Feather☆Bomb - 214A/B

Feather☆Flip - 236C/D (can be done in midair, Persona required)

- Feather☆Shoot - A/B during Feather☆Flip

Magaru - 214C/D (can be done in midair, Persona required)

SP Skill:

Hyper Feather☆Shoot - 236236A/B (can be done in midair)

Awakening SP Skill:

Magarula - 214214C/D (Persona required)

Yukari has so many stars ☆

On side note, Junpei's IK needs to be a super powerful homerun Home Run God anyone :v:

Oh my god at Liz' attacks in awakening. They take up almost all of the damn screen! :vbang:

Hey man don't you know you ought to use an Evoker when you shoot yourself? Otherwise you're just a bloody mess people need to clean up :v:. But daaaammmmnn, Thanny's a speed demon when Lizzie Awakens. Faster Diarahan too (look at all that delicious returned health).

I find a lot of these changes hilarious. Some are neat (Kanji can command grab even during Persona Break), sure, but stuff like "Yu sweep no longer goes into 5D" is just lol. It's one thing to nerf his oki, but remove it entirely? That's basically asking for a total character redesign.

Also, @ Liz mains: I'd hold out hope. Most of what Liz needed was hitbox buffs, right? Those'd be a little harder to notice.

I find a lot of these changes hilarious. Some are neat (Kanji can command grab even during Persona Break), sure, but stuff like "Yu sweep no longer goes into 5D" is just lol. It's one thing to nerf his oki, but remove it entirely? That's basically asking for a total character redesign.

Also, @ Liz mains: I'd hold out hope. Most of what Liz needed was hitbox buffs, right? Those'd be a little harder to notice.

This is not final..ASW are still making the game and could easily add in new changes..

The thing about Elizabeth is that she relies on gimmick and doesn't have much "solid" stuff, even with her new counter it's still a gimmick. What she gets is of course her big damage and status changes, but if you want to make her more solid you'd have to nerf those.