Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

So all the gang's here except for dead/sealed chars and Ken huh. (It would have been interesting to seen a grown up Ken with like Koromaru assist or something.) Or maybe we can somehow have a Arisato and Shinjiro come out as fake-shadow versions or something. And man, they nerfed Narukmi alot. (But why did Chie got buffed on her meteors?)

I have a feeling that Ken is going to be in the game..maybe Koromaru might be his own assist or charcter

Didn't Mitsuru get some buffs though in the form of new moves?

We're unsure how those moves work so far, just having vague information from twitter. On paper she has a laundry list of nerfs, affecting everything from damage and hitboxes to invulnerability and special properties. I'm willing to wait until I see how this'll all play out though. We don't even have footage of her or her shadow yet.

SLab may not have a shadow version but if regular labrys does then there will be two shadow labryses. "Shadow Labrys" and "Shadow" Labrys...

Already confirmed that neither Elizabeth and both Labries have a Shadow form

On paper she has a laundry list of nerfs, affecting everything from damage and hitboxes to invulnerability and special properties.

Is that not often the case though? People see something like "move X is now -2F of block/whiff" and focus on the negative side of it, choosing to outright ignore that "move Y is now 0F and prorates better". I think people just get used to something and are often spooked the moment they see their chosen character's name next to the word "nerf".

Edited by Luminos564

Is that not often the case though? People see something like "move X is now -2F of block/whiff" and focus on the negative side of it, choosing to outright ignore that "move Y is not 0F and prorates better". I think people just get used to something and are often spooked the moment they see their chosen character's name next to the word "nerf".

At the moment, the information we've been given is mostly negative. Once we see some footage or hear more, I'm sure we'll understand more of the "good" :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing her be different at all. Change is exciting.

Shadow Labrys

6 Persona cards

New additions:

Public Execution ([2]8 C or D)

Anti-air grab.

Chain Knuckle

Same as Labrys' version.

- 2C and 8C are having their commands swapped.

- Guillotine Axe, ground 214A or B, now groundbounces rather than giving hard knockdown.

- 2B > 5B chain removed.

- Furious Action no longer wallbounces on counterhit.

- Massive Slaughter ([4]6 C or D) grants Fear on hit.

- When using Titanomachia, number of attacks is shown above gauge.

- After titanomachia ends, a separate (ox) gauge appears, cannot use persona until gauge fully recovers.

With info translated from stunedge's notes (https://www.evernote.com/shard/s43/sh/0e9b830d-5702-4866-a1d5-0c8e1e1c2a8f/c7f1fbbc1497cce8cfc1b1cf907c8732) by KayEff.

At the moment, the information we've been given is mostly negative. Once we see some footage or hear more, I'm sure we'll understand more of the "good" :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing her be different at all. Change is exciting.

Word. I got worried a bit when someone, who I am positive is a better player than me, mentioned Elizabeth got hit hard. Then I saw the loketest footage and went "Well damn, I was worried for nothing".

Already confirmed that neither Elizabeth and both Labries have a Shadow form

Jiyuna tweeted info about Shadow regular Labrys before. So regular does have one unless I'm reading your post wrong.

Tbh, at this point, it feels like they're making an entirely new game out of P4A's base -- not an update, and gameplay-wise, I don't even know if I'd call it a sequel as much as a redesign. It seems more like the transition from MBAC to MBAA than MBAA to MBAACC, for example, and definitely nothing like the transition from CS2 to EX. I wouldn't really take nerfs/buffs (especially loketest nerfs/buffs) worth a grain of salt until we see them in context, since it seems that everyone is getting heavy changes.

I wouldn't really take nerfs/buffs (especially loketest nerfs/buffs) worth a grain of salt until we see them in context, since it seems that everyone is getting heavy changes.

Agreed, well said.

Who do you think is going to be Top Tier in the Persona 4 Arena Update?..i am going with Chie..

Why are you asking about tiers right now? We have very little info on a game that isn't complete and subject to change.

Slightly disappointed by the recover added to Naoto's Traps and Snipe Stance. But her new poison lance move sounds interesting.

I'm indifferent about the SMP loop removal, considering that it's not extremely practical, and most people know better then to waster their burst before Naoto uses it.

Honestly, if they increase her damage output, her pokes priorities, and make her instant deaths more reliable, then I'm okay with the changes. Hopefully they'll adjust the recover for her traps though, because that's what sets her apart from the other characters, and its already hard enough setting them up against fast characters like Chie and Yosuke. Naoto's Zoning game is also balls when compared to other zoners like Yukiko and Aigis.

I dunno, to me it'd seem unreasonable to nerf Naoto to much, because she isn't really a character with anything abusable in the original game, and she has quite a few difficult match ups.

What if Jin and Noel from Blazblue were the final 2 charcters in the Update..It would be pretty cool but it would piss a lot of pepole off. Maybe Noel's Persona could look like Mu-12 and Jin's Persona could look like Hakuman..just an idea

The nerf to her zoning was probably because they thought Poison would be too good, like was mentioned. It's still super early so I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure they'll tweak things around a bit in future loketests.

Regarding SMP loop, I can't agree that it's not extremely practical...it is pretty much the only thing keeping Naoto somewhat viable right now. I am glad they're getting rid of it though and giving her more tools to make her an actual character and not a glitch. At least now her DP is apparently better and all the derp-tier characters got toned down, so there's that to look forward to. Hopefully we get an actual 2B this time around.

Slightly disappointed by the recover added to Naoto's Traps and Snipe Stance. But her new poison lance move sounds interesting.

I'm indifferent about the SMP loop removal, considering that it's not extremely practical, and most people know better then to waster their burst before Naoto uses it.

Honestly, if they increase her damage output, her pokes priorities, and make her instant deaths more reliable, then I'm okay with the changes. Hopefully they'll adjust the recover for her traps though, because that's what sets her apart from the other characters, and its already hard enough setting them up against fast characters like Chie and Yosuke. Naoto's Zoning game is also balls when compared to other zoners like Yukiko and Aigis.

I dunno, to me it'd seem unreasonable to nerf Naoto to much, because she isn't really a character with anything abusable in the original game, and she has quite a few difficult match ups.

It sounds as though there's a universal damage nerf, but hopefully Naoto's damage isn't nerfed AS much. The poison lance will definitely help I think, but yea, Naoto seems to being made into a Jack of all Trades type. Moreso than before.

Suppose your right, if Naoto's damage output isn't hit as hard as the other characters, then thats good.

Again, if Naoto's going to be a jack of all trades character, she needs better poke properties, like an actual anti air!

I'm probably going to stick with Chie if Ken isn't added. Being able to freeze with her sounds 2hype.

On the subject on SMP combos, did they get rid of Chie's too?

The nerf to her zoning was probably because they thought Poison would be too good, like was mentioned. It's still super early so I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure they'll tweak things around a bit in future loketests.

Regarding SMP loop, I can't agree that it's not extremely practical...it is pretty much the only thing keeping Naoto somewhat viable right now. I am glad they're getting rid of it though and giving her more tools to make her an actual character and not a glitch. At least now her DP is apparently better and all the derp-tier characters got toned down, so there's that to look forward to. Hopefully we get an actual 2B this time around.

Man, what? At high level, there's already been a shift away from SMP and towards skull combos. SMP Loop is strong but not even close to "the only thing keeper her somewhat viable."