Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

If Kanji's shoulder charge is a charge command, you have to be really predictable to be punished by it full screen though. I don't see it being that much of a problem unless you can be read like a tablet.

That's a bad thing? Kanji finally has an option for dealing with full screen projectiles.

I thought that was what his lighting bolt special that caused paralysis was for?

If Kanji's shoulder charge is a charge command, you have to be really predictable to be punished by it full screen though. I don't see it being that much of a problem unless you can be read like a tablet.

It'll probably be used more for combos than anything. I imagine 5AA>Shoulder Tackle wouldn't be hard to do.

It'll probably be used more for combos than anything. I imagine 5AA>Shoulder Tackle wouldn't be hard to do.

I dunno, that start-up looked pretty damn long and Kanji seemed stuck in that summoning animation. Then again, maybe that was the long, non-SB version and others are faster.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t40r-BdSick

Damn Chie, your Yun lunge has some mighty fine distance to it (nearly half the screen).

Edited by Luminos564

the startup of kanji's new shoulder tackle is long, and jp kanji players already said they don't know how we would combo into it.

however, the recovery is very good, and take ignores projectiles (they fly through him) and go towards kanji-he'll be able to block, but the opponent can get hit. this is pretty important since dealing with things like yukiko throwing out j.b fans carelessly is pretty impossible with 5D/2D/etc, since the fan will hit Take before the fan will come out, but at the very least, this will make her block. should be good vs things like liz j.bing carelessly, doing agi fire at neutral, calling out a few things, and it gives fatal counter on CH + wallslam, but it'll be hard to combo off of.

tl;dr it's basically what henaki wanted a few pages back lol. it sounds really balanced tbh, especially since the fullscreen version seems like it might have VERY long startup. he can block around the time it becomes active at least, though! it'll be like mitsu whips/liz 5D: long startup, super short recovery.

Edited by Omex

updated today's info into loketest notes (in japanese though)

some noticable points

- S.Lab has persona with her on wakeup right now. (aka you can do wake up punch super or wakeup some persona move), she can mash 2C(which was 8C in currently version) during block

HAHAHA WHAT

She can use 8C during blockstun? Am I reading this right? What what what what what

HAHAHA WHAT

She can use 8C during blockstun? Am I reading this right? What what what what what

Does this mean I can knock her down and she can still ask Asterius to uppercut me to the stratosphere?

Does this mean I can knock her down and she can still ask Asterius to uppercut me to the stratosphere?

No, but she might be able to use persona moves (but maybe only Terra's Eruption, the fire from horns which was 2C but is now 8C) during block. Not after you knock her down though. She can use persona moves during wakeup, but that's it - before, Asterius didn't come back for a bit after you got up. This might be only saying you can call stuff while getting up, though. Which would still be great

No, but she might be able to use persona moves (but maybe only Terra's Eruption, the fire from horns which was 2C but is now 8C) during block. Not after you knock her down though. She can use persona moves during wakeup, but that's it - before, Asterius didn't come back for a bit after you got up. This might be only saying you can call stuff while getting up, though. Which would still be great

I was going to say that being able to do Terra Eruption while your opponent is wailing on you (while blocking) sounds pretty useless since I recall Asterius being broken left and right, but then I remembered how huge the move actually is. Ideally, they'll stick him behind S.Labrys so he doesn't get hit by the opponent and watch as they go WTF.

Well, remember that moves have to do more than 400 damage to break it. During a lot of strings, for a lot of characters that doesn't really happen, so there'd be times to use it to escape.

With the change on Uppercut going from 8C to 2C, using it during block is already a possibility since the attack doesn't get canceled unless they hit you, break Asterius during his sinking, breaking Asterius during his rising, or keeping you in block as he is rising. Technically you could always do Asterius attacks during block, but they all get canceled since Shadow Labrys gets forced to block.

I think you misunderstood, because what I think it actually means is that she can call out new 2C on wake-up, forcing the opponent to do certain oki or blockstrings to avoid the uppercut because Asterius does not get canceled during the time he is offscreen even if you are blocking. Before, it was difficult to do because Asterius had a small recovery time on Shadow Labrys's wake-up before he reappeared.

At least, that is how I understood it. I could be wrong.

I think you misunderstood, because what I think it actually means is that she can call out new 2C on wake-up, forcing the opponent to do certain oki or blockstrings to avoid the uppercut because Asterius does not get canceled during the time he is offscreen even if you are blocking. Before, it was difficult to do because Asterius had a small recovery time on Shadow Labrys's wake-up before he reappeared.

This is what I got as well.

With the change on Uppercut going from 8C to 2C, using it during block is already a possibility since the attack doesn't get canceled unless they hit you, break Asterius during his sinking, breaking Asterius during his rising, or keeping you in block as he is rising. Technically you could always do Asterius attacks during block, but they all get canceled since Shadow Labrys gets forced to block.

Your statement, "Technically you could always do Asterius attacks during block, but they all get canceled since Shadow Labrys gets forced to block," is COMPLETELY WRONG. During Titanomachia glitch, all moves keep going during block, but you can't call them during block. SB moves all keep going during block, but you can't do them during block. Trust me, if that was true, I'd have been doing a lot of SB Massive Slaughter while blocking

I did misunderstand though, but it still says mashing 2C during block does something, when mashing 8C during block never did before.

Edited by Adelheid

stunedge said 8C as in old 2C, which is Terra's Eruption. It doesn't have the "keeps going during block" thing.

I thought stunedge said that you could mash 2C to perform what 8C is in the current version during block strings.

I thought stunedge said that you could mash 2C to perform what 8C is in the current version during block strings.

Yeah I did misunderstand. But that's still really crazy and implies you can also do SB moves out of blockstun.

i thought it was referring to the uppercut, which keeps going during block

and the there on wakeup thing meaning that they can't do anything to stop you from pressing the uppercut, because you always can press it the first frame you wakeup. even if they meaty that doesn't mean you can't have pressed the button (ala dp).

but the wiki says only while underground, I don't know how quickly it goes underground.

and the there on wakeup thing meaning that they can't do anything to stop you from pressing the uppercut, because you always can press it the first frame you wakeup. even if they meaty that doesn't mean you can't have pressed the button (ala dp).

but the wiki says only while underground, I don't know how quickly it goes underground.

"- S.Lab has persona with her on wakeup right now. (aka you can do wake up punch super or wakeup some persona move), she can mash 2C(which was 8C in currently version) during block."

This appears to be two disconnected statements. That's "not you can mash 2C and block on wakeup," it's "you can mash 2C during block." They may have changed the conditions for Hammer Uppercut being cancelled or something.

Your statement, "Technically you could always do Asterius attacks during block, but they all get canceled since Shadow Labrys gets forced to block," is COMPLETELY WRONG. During Titanomachia glitch, all moves keep going during block, but you can't call them during block. SB moves all keep going during block, but you can't do them during block. Trust me, if that was true, I'd have been doing a lot of SB Massive Slaughter while blocking

I did misunderstand though, but it still says mashing 2C during block does something, when mashing 8C during block never did before.

Okay, I should clarify. Normal Asterius attacks were canceled during Shadow Labrys's blocks unless they had specific conditions, e.g., Uppercut's offscreen time. I didn't think it was necessary to begin with.

More than likely, the reason you couldn't do a lot of Asterius attacks during block is because you're holding downback and D to keep Asterius from breaking, the recovery time for Asterius to get out of block and actually fire an attack whilst still under pressure with Shadow Labrys blocking made it extremely situational.

This. With the swap of 8C and 2C and the recovery of Asterius on wake-up, it's now possible to downback on wake-up and call Asterius to do uppercut.

"- S.Lab has persona with her on wakeup right now. (aka you can do wake up punch super or wakeup some persona move), she can mash 2C(which was 8C in currently version) during block."

This appears to be two disconnected statements. That's "not you can mash 2C and block on wakeup," it's "you can mash 2C during block." They may have changed the conditions for Hammer Uppercut being cancelled or something.

It most likely refers to the fact that Uppercut is one of Asterius's few attacks that is not immediately canceled during Shadow Labrys blocking, so she can call Asterius to do uppercut now that she doesn't need to jump to use it.

Okay, I should clarify. Normal Asterius attacks were canceled during Shadow Labrys's blocks unless they had specific conditions, e.g., Uppercut's offscreen time. I didn't think it was necessary to begin with.

More than likely, the reason you couldn't do a lot of Asterius attacks during block is because you're holding downback and D to keep Asterius from breaking, the recovery time for Asterius to get out of block and actually fire an attack whilst still under pressure with Shadow Labrys blocking made it extremely situational.

This doesn't account for the inability to call moves in blockstun during Titanomachia Glitch, though. If there was any way at all to make persona attacks happen during blockstun, I'd have known about it and much of my gameplay would've been centered around it.

It most likely refers to the fact that Uppercut is one of Asterius's few attacks that is not immediately canceled during Shadow Labrys blocking, so she can call Asterius to do uppercut now that she doesn't need to jump to use it.

She never needed to jump to do it, though? Jumping was an easy way to input it but you could buffer it in to anything. Except being hit or in blockstun.

I don't think the note is saying that she can literally PRESS 2c DURING blockstun. It's just that she can press it even during a 1f gap in blockstun.

Same as trying to pressure curse arakune in BB. He can't put bugs out during blockstun, but if there's even a 1f gap, he can put out a bug and it won't be stopped just because he blocks a frame later.

i don't think the same applies because of having to hold d to block for asterius, but it does seem to apply on wakeup.

but.. w/e. we're talking about a loketest.

Can someone give me a quick rundown/tl;dr of everything that's new with this P4A sequel?