Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Can someone give me a quick rundown/tl;dr of everything that's new with this P4A sequel?

http://t.co/F58qhjIgzl this isn't completely updated afaik but it should give a good idea.

not everything is 100% accurate, like apparently shadow characters do NOT start with 100 meter, but a good chunk of it is accurate.

edit: er whoops. someone beat me to it, but yeah. With dust settling and whatnot, a few things are starting to become confirmed/unconfirmed, like shadow characters not having meter as mentioned, shadow overdrive lets characters cancel specials into specials similar to KoF's HD mode (yosuke has been seen doing C tentarafoo > SB Tentarafoo > C tentarafoo xn, meaning narukami can probably do some of his OMC combos meterless in that cancel mode, etc. shadow characters have vanilla p4a dial As, non shadow characters have brand new Dial As, and aside from shadow naoto having a new gun meter seperate from normal naoto, we have yet to hear of any non shadow mode universal mechanics that are different between normal/shadow characters

Edited by Omex

Oooh, thanks for the link(s) :D

I wonder if the buffed SB Fire Boost is going to do anything for Yukiko's crappy Fire Boost system lol

Yukari's fight style reminds me a bit of Lambda/Nu. Her zoning looks pretty straight forward and she has a lot of recovery frames when she shoots an arrow. I'm just going to assume her glasses DLC will be the Featherman Mask she takes off and we're set. Now to hope there's a Nu/Lambda color palette and I'll be happy.

Yukari's fight style reminds me a bit of Lambda/Nu.

I was thinking she's more like u-12 what with her shooting arrows through that parachute bomb, Garu Orbs that function like u-12's 236A and general spacing options. Maybe some Rachel in there as well.

Yukari's fight style reminds me a bit of Lambda/Nu. Her zoning looks pretty straight forward and she has a lot of recovery frames when she shoots an arrow.

I was thinking she's more like u-12 what with her shooting arrows through that parachute bomb, Garu Orbs that function like u-12's 236A and general spacing options. Maybe some Rachel in there as well.

She actually seems to take a bit after both Lambda/Nu and Mu. If I were to make a wild assessment, I'd say her normals work a bit more like Lambda/'Nu's Drive and her specials are more akin to some of Mu's Specials. :cool:

Now, all I want to know is if she has a strong Okizeme game.

She actually seems to take a bit after both Lambda/Nu and Mu. If I were to make a wild assessment, I'd say her normals work a bit more like Lambda/'Nu's Drive and her specials are more akin to some of Mu's Specials. :cool:.

Coolio. Best of both worlds then :yaaay:.

Only thing I want to know is why it's called P4C. What is the full official name of this game?

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena CLIMAX

I don't think the note is saying that she can literally PRESS 2c DURING blockstun. It's just that she can press it even during a 1f gap in blockstun.

Same as trying to pressure curse arakune in BB. He can't put bugs out during blockstun, but if there's even a 1f gap, he can put out a bug and it won't be stopped just because he blocks a frame later.

i don't think the same applies because of having to hold d to block for asterius, but it does seem to apply on wakeup.

but.. w/e. we're talking about a loketest.

Nah, looking at the frame data, Shabrys's persona attacks don't have any startup for Shabrys, just Asterius (or else Shabrys is vulnerable for like an entire fucking second when she inputs a C command, which doesn't sound like what I remember). You could just 1CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC and never stop blocking if it works like that.

Slabrys discussion is good, me likey. The Titanomachia change sucks but the other stuff seems alright. Can someone tell me how it's useful for Labrys besides a combo tool? I assume spacing but there could be other stuff. 2C and 8C being switched doesn't really bother me cause I never played the game long enough to get used to it. I might actually have to buy P4A now instead of playing it at my friend's house.

Also it's funny how P4C was announced as I'm playing P3FES. I would ask for no spoilers but I already know what happens to P3 MC by this point and there's no way spoilers won't be discussed for story stuff so I'll manage. It's cool to see Yukari and Junpei though.

If Aigis and Yu are getting command grabs Akihiko better get some kind of improved mixup capabilities or I'm throwing someone into a TV

Is the "Climax" bit official/from the horse's mouth or is it a fan made nickname?

Also it's funny how P4C was announced as I'm playing P3FES. I would ask for no spoilers but I already know what happens to P3 MC by this point and there's no way spoilers won't be discussed for story stuff so I'll manage. It's cool to see Yukari and Junpei though.

At this point I don't see how you could have avoided spoilers unless you lived on Mt. Olympus (the one on Mars, not the one where Zeus chills out at and bangs his close relatives) for the past 5~6 years.

So with all this hype simmering I am dusting off my P4A copy and playing through the Challenges and Score Attack. An hour into this venture and my fingers are saying "Le fuck Luminos? We're dying over here". ATLUS, ASW we need to talk about this. I love your games but have some mercy on some people's fingers and stress levels FFS. There is a difference between a nice challenge and ball-busting frustration you know.

First time I've been spoiled on P3 was in this topic, brah.

Avoiding spoilers isn't hard if your friends are good people and you watch the topics you enter.

Avoiding spoilers isn't hard if your friends are good people and you watch the topics you enter.

You serious? Well shit, sorry to have contributed to the breaking of that record :(. I'd have thought that most who are familiar with P4A know that it spoils the events of P3 very heavily and references them very often.

You serious? Well shit, sorry to have contributed to the breaking of that record :(. I'd have thought that most who are familiar with P4A know that it spoils the events of P3 very heavily and references them very often.

A good chunk of people who bought P4A (myself included) never bothered to touch the story. I bought it because it was the FUTURE OF ANIME in the FGC and my preferred game is kinda dead.

I have P3, and will play it eventually, but haven't gotten around to playing it because my backlog is a solid 100+ games long.

Spoilers are spoilers either way, but still, spoilers in a thread of a sequel-like game of another that is over 6 years old, that already spoils said game in its own story... should be ok.

At this point I don't see how you could have avoided spoilers unless you lived on Mt. Olympus (the one on Mars, not the one where Zeus chills out at and bangs his close relatives) for the past 5~6 years.

Exactly lol, which is why I'm fine with it by now. I only know what happens to P3's MC anyways, everything else in the game I have no idea.

QFT

Shouldn't really apologize for discussing stuff, like Chao said, spoilers will obviously happen here. Just don't forget to put spoiler tags if it bothers you or anyone else. I was into Persona 4 and P4A way before I got P3FES(Which was only like 2 weeks ago lol.) I figured that to understand Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis and Elizabeth, I should understand P3 more so I kinda spoiled myself a little bit anyway cause I thought I was never going to play it. Then I found out it was on PSN and got it automatically. I forgot what I read so that's good, but can't forget what happens to the MC lol.

Spoilers are spoilers either way, but still, spoilers in a thread of a sequel-like game of another that is over 6 years old, that already spoils said game in its own story... should be ok.

Literally news and gameplay discussion

in the gameplay forum

there's no reason for story spoilers to come up here tbh

no there is not... i supopse you can make one in zepp if you are so inclined

no there is not... i supopse you can make one in zepp if you are so inclined

There actually is, but nobody ever used it so it's way back on page whatever.

The P4A directory on Zepp leads to it, though.