Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Is the "Climax" bit official/from the horse's mouth or is it a fan made nickname?

Apparently "Climax" is the title of it in the loketests right now so we're going with that until otherwise stated.

Does this mean I can knock her down and she can still ask Asterius to uppercut me to the stratosphere?

seems like it but will confirm more

Apparently "Climax" is the title of it in the loketests right now so we're going with that until otherwise stated.

Sweet, I can definitely dig it. I greatly prefer it to Super, Ultra, Ultimate, etc. Also, it reminds me of Bayonetta's edgy "Nonstop Climax" marketing campaign.

YOU GUYS. IN ONE OF THE VIDEOS OF JUNPEI, HE PUTS THREE RUNNERS ON BASE AND THEN USES HIS SUPER TO HIT A GRAND SLAM.

I CAN NOW HIT GRAND SLAMS IN A FIGHTING GAME. BEST DAY EVER

YOU GUYS. IN ONE OF THE VIDEOS OF JUNPEI, HE PUTS THREE RUNNERS ON BASE AND THEN USES HIS SUPER TO HIT A GRAND SLAM.

I CAN NOW HIT GRAND SLAMS IN A FIGHTING GAME. BEST DAY EVER

Um...Source? I'd really like to see it if this is true, lol. :kitty:

I also wonder why this isn't front page (article) news yet? It would have gather more interest though to those that play P4A. (That, and I still yet to see, even though I mentioned it before, either Junpei's/Yukari's IK or even their SA "Unlimited" forms, unless its not useable/applicable on this build. If not, I can wait when the time comes...) :v:

Edited by NeoStrayCat

Sweet, I can definitely dig it. I greatly prefer it to Super, Ultra, Ultimate, etc. Also, it reminds me of Bayonetta's edgy "Nonstop Climax" marketing campaign.

mmm...Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. Now I can't stop thinking of Bayonetta and Platinum. Mixed with P4A. Huh.

no idea what junpei's baseball system powers up. i heard rumors he gets somehting at 10 points, but i havent seen anything. maybe he just get a power boost with each point?

the rules as far as i can tell are very VERY much baseball:

- hit the opponent with the bat for a single. can hit with the bat multiple times in one combo to get more ppl on base. can score points with singles if you hit them enough times.

- whiff the bat for a strike. 3 strikes for an out.

- make them block the bat for a ball. didn't see it, but presumably, 4 balls and you get a walk.

- get a "clean hit" with the flaming bat super for a homerun and score points just like baseball; 4 points with the bases loaded. the hud says "homerun" on the screen where "counter", "super cancel" etc. are located.

- getting combo-d = 1 out. doesnt matter how long or short the combo is.

- get 3 outs and you lose all ppl on base

- getting an out or getting someone on base clears the strikes and balls count

- only points carry over between rounds, everything else resets

I'm hoping that the ten-run bonus is officially referred to as "Slaughter Rule." That would really complete the character for me.

somebody mentioned S.lab 2C mash thing earlier so I will clarify.

In current version, S.lab can put Buffalo into 'block mode' by holding D buttons for while and you don't have to hold D buttons alldays to keep it blocking. And what is important is that you can directly do Persona moves while blocking.

Since she has persona on wakeup so if you set it to blockmode, you can simply just mash 2C during block and if there is even 1f space between chains persona will be activated for 2C (which was originally her 8C)

and backstep cancel into DP looks pretty dumb for some characters aka Chie backstep DPkick

and Teddie backstep screwcraw looks dirty

somebody mentioned S.lab 2C mash thing earlier so I will clarify.

In current version, S.lab can put Buffalo into 'block mode' by holding D buttons for while and you don't have to hold D buttons alldays to keep it blocking. And what is important is that you can directly do Persona moves while blocking.

Since she has persona on wakeup so if you set it to blockmode, you can simply just mash 2C during block and if there is even 1f space between chains persona will be activated for 2C (which was originally her 8C)

You said she gets persona back during wakeup. Does that mean she can do persona moves during wakeup (Like Carl calling stuff during burst) or just as wakeup ends?

not sure about that but it's possible (but i think you need to do SB version at least to make it work

Right, that's really my question I guess, if you could start doing an SB move early so that the grab animation doesn't need to start because Shabrys is in a state where she can't do moves. Thanks stunedge!

no idea what junpei's baseball system powers up. i heard rumors he gets somehting at 10 points, but i havent seen anything. maybe he just get a power boost with each point?

the rules as far as i can tell are very VERY much baseball:

- hit the opponent with the bat for a single. can hit with the bat multiple times in one combo to get more ppl on base. can score points with singles if you hit them enough times.

- whiff the bat for a strike. 3 strikes for an out.

- make them block the bat for a ball. didn't see it, but presumably, 4 balls and you get a walk.

- get a "clean hit" with the flaming bat super for a homerun and score points just like baseball; 4 points with the bases loaded. the hud says "homerun" on the screen where "counter", "super cancel" etc. are located.

- getting combo-d = 1 out. doesnt matter how long or short the combo is.

- get 3 outs and you lose all ppl on base

- getting an out or getting someone on base clears the strikes and balls count

- only points carry over between rounds, everything else resets

Yeesh, that sounds...needlessly complicated. I personally have enough trouble keeping up with what happens on the screen without needing to check that tiny little score card. The fact that it is positioned to the right/left of the SP gauge doesn't do it any favors either and I imagine Junpei mirror matches will be confusing (at least in the the beginning). The idea is certainly interesting, it just has a few problems.

Yeesh, that sounds...needlessly complicated. I personally have enough trouble keeping up with what happens on the screen without needing to check that tiny little score card. The fact that it is positioned to the right/left of the SP gauge doesn't do it any favors either and I imagine Junpei mirror matches will be confusing (at least in the the beginning). The idea is certainly interesting, it just has a few problems.

Well, what I guess is important is: Hit people with the bat. Don't wiff with the bat. Eventually you get a point.

How is Junpei's system "needlessly complicated"? It's baseball! It's America's Favorite Pastime!

I think it'd an incredibly clever design. It's resonant, by which I mean it latches onto something players already understand and enjoy. "I get to play baseball while playing P4C! Awesome!"

It's complicated, but I'd argue it gets a pass because it's complexity the vast majority of people will already understand. There's no need to explain it; most people will already have a good, intuitive idea of how it works.

It's resonant, by which I mean it latches onto something players already understand and enjoy. "I get to play baseball while playing P4C! Awesome!"

The converse is also true. It could latch onto something the player doesn't get and hates. "I have to play baseball while playing P4C! Fuck!" :eng101:

I know very little about baseball, so I wouldn't say all of that is immediately intuitive, but it should be cake to figure out compared to the tons of far more complicated things you have to learn in a fighter.