Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Aw, they changed Elizabeth's theme. Sure, "Wiping All Out" is a cool theme, and is probably more appropriate than the PS3 final boss theme, but...will we still have "Battle for Everyone's Souls."

I wonder what direction they're taking the game with the changes. I think with Yu they removed some of his setplay, so maybe they want less autopilot strategies in this game

Shadow Kanji's victory pose. That's all what I have.

I am so happy this happened.

Edited by Appledash-

Yeah, with the exception of Shadow Labrys, there've been plenty of changes and the google doc. has helped keep track of a lot of them. What's really missing is just the media.

Cool beans, thanks. Can't believe I missed the doc until now. Lets see what it says for my dear Lizzie.

Elizabeth's theme is now Wiping All Out.

-I cannot frown harder at this. I loved how her theme was Battle for Everyone's Souls. Wiping All Out just kind of...lacks the charm the previous theme had.

B zio is now chargable, Liz can move while it charges up.

-That actually sounds pretty neat. Wonder how you could make use of a full charge cause I am drawing a blank at the moment.

SB wail has a mechanic that lets you boost the damage by fiddling with the stick?

-Considering the 2C power-up is used up on Mabufudyne (which most people use to combo into Ghastly Wail) I am curious to find out how this works.

Aw, they changed Elizabeth's theme. Sure, "Wiping All Out" is a cool theme, and is probably more appropriate than the PS3 final boss theme, but...will we still have "Battle for Everyone's Souls."

Citation, please?

Citation, please?

ho-chan posted about it on twitter. it could easily be just that wiping all out plays depending on the matchup ala BB, but the important note is that the theme is definitely in the game now. Doubt battle for everyone's souls is removed.

for other changes I haven't mentioned, refer the 1st loketest info

some other noticeable changes are:

- they have added many new BGM, P4 characters mirror match now plays P4G battle theme "Time to make history", P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters plays P3 boss fight, P4 shadow characters plays their own shadow dungeon theme. They still have all the old themes so I think they switch by random?

- each shadow character has their own opening and winning pose, shadow Chie stamps on your head and Shadow kanji being totally awesome, and Shadow Yukiko was a 200% bitch

feel free to toss the question on twitter :p

I'm curious, they haven't mentioned shadow teddie yet, I get a feeling it's either gonna be...actual teddie's shadow. or general teddie like they did in arena's story mode. (heck, the other teddie had voice clips too when I fought him!)

Ho-chan's summary moved to the news thread here so the info will not be buried. Discussion stays in this thread.

>Labrys unable to hold Tsurugi for oki

the one thing that made this character fun for me is gone.

hold me dustloop as I proceed to cry until the day Labrys is SSS+ tier inb4 forever

P4 shadow characters play their own shadow dungeon theme.

Best buff of the loctest! Now all Atlus has to do is find a way to get the Heaven and Striptease theme into the game and we're set. Thanks for all the info/impressions stunedge.

As for the Tsurugi change, I thought it was a bit weird at first but after thinking about it more, it's just a part of ASW's crusade to weaken oki all across the board.

at this point all characters have gotten new tools but lost many stuff they could do in the old version

still too early to say RIP to your characters

RIP Elizabeth btw

Shadow characters: "damage nerfed by 80%"

Is this true? I can't imagine this could be true. Unless their "Shadow Fury" mode or whatever would compensate for such a dramatic damage difference to their normal mode, I can't see any advantage to picking them except for them being cool.

So Elizabeth doesn't get hella buffed in Awakening in this loketest? Or are those buffs just not helping her at all?

Kanji's dungeon had my favorite theme in the game, glad it's in now. And maybe Teddie gets the Theater, since he was in the same dungeon as Rise?

Shadow characters: "damage nerfed by 80%"

Is this true? I can't imagine this could be true. Unless their "Shadow Fury" mode or whatever would compensate for such a dramatic damage difference to their normal mode, I can't see any advantage to picking them except for them being cool.

Pretty sure it's "Nerfed to 80%"

80% damage nerf would make them useless.

RIP Elizabeth btw

Thank Philemon that this is just a loketest. Otherwise I'd be flipping my sheet when I read the words like:

- she looks very uncompleted at moment, nothing combos and looks pretty bad

shadow characters have a .8 modifier on every single move/normal they have. so they do that much less damage per every hit and special that they do, supers too, etc. doing the exact same combo between versions that would deal 1000 damage, would deal 800. etc.

liz is garbage right now. her awakening mode moves honestly sound WORSE than her normal version moves, so it's guaranteed to change.

Pretty sure it's "Nerfed to 80%"

80% damage nerf would make them useless.

shadow characters have a .8 modifier on every single move/normal they have. so they do that much less damage per every hit and special that they do, supers too, etc. doing the exact same combo between versions that would deal 1000 damage, would deal 800. etc.

Alright, that makes much more sense than a -80% damage reduction than the normal characters.

liz is garbage right now. her awakening mode moves honestly sound WORSE than her normal version moves, so it's guaranteed to change.

Question: was the general consensus that in loketest 1, Lizzie was semi-decent even with the loss of the Garu in her combos (outside of Awakening)? If so, then I don't particularly mind that ASW decided to make her utter crap for this one. They probably need to see what they can get away with and see what rock bottom looks like before they lay the foundation for a decent character.

What happened to my Liz!?

They must be thinking up something really complicated for her, or doing some huge balancing because I'm sure Elizabeth is going to be stronger than how she is now. Hopefully...... I don't want to get constantly whipped by a Mitsuru again. Would of been even cooler if she had a Shadow mode.

So let me get this straight: Liz is hot garbage in this loketest and nothing she does combos together? She's actually WORSE than the first game right now? And replacing "Battle for Everyone's Souls" was the worst nerf of them all.

Arc why do you hate Liz so much? I hope at the very least she gets fixed before this game goes live.