Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Is it just me or does the game seem a little bit slower? I'm really impressed with Yukari's playstyle, and that slide move looks pretty neat. Yosuke's SB Garudyne seems to have tracking capabilities, scary.

Thanks for the videos Omex.

So...Yukari is looking pretty damn good from what I can see. R-Action/Furious Action looks pretty useful. I wonder if you could do her Magarudyne>OMC>R-Action for a cross-up...? She also seems to not rely on Isis a lot since it is real slow to attack herself, relying instead on the Magaru orbs for the arrows.

Also, if you guys haven't noticed it already, but Yosuke didn't seem to start recovering from Persona Break immediately. From the look of things it wasn't even because Yukari had Yosuke in a combo (though that could have extended it). The Persona Break occurred after Yukari's Burst, then Yosuke recovered but still did not start regaining cards and it wasn't until Yukari finished her combo that it finally began to recharge. That sounds like mighty death sentence for Lizzie and Shadow Labrys since they have 6 cards each and that already takes time to recover without adding this pause.

Yeah, Yukari's theme sounds good as well as what I could hear of the new VS screen music.

her theme was kinda catchy like it were supposed to be power ranger/sentai based :P

Yukari's auto-combo causes Confusion stats [ATTACH]2716[/ATTACH]

Now we're going somewhere

EDIT: wait now it causes Charm? is it random or it has a set rule like Liz' r-action?

It's her arrow followup from her flip special thats doing that. Just happens to be a part of her auto combo. I noticed that her charm didnt last as long as they do with the other characters. It sapped sp 3 times then stopped. And is it me or does her jump seem kind of floaty

Thanks for the videos Omex.

The Persona Break occurred after Yukari's Burst, then Yosuke recovered but still did not start regaining cards and it wasn't until Yukari finished her combo that it finally began to recharge. That sounds like mighty death sentence for Lizzie and Shadow Labrys since they have 6 cards each and that already takes time to recover without adding this pause.

if you notice, recovery of persona cards has some delay but the recovery itself is a lot faster than P4A. Kinda like Ignis recovery when she's unsummoned.

if you notice, recovery of persona cards has some delay but the recovery itself is a lot faster than P4A. Kinda like Ignis recovery when she's unsummoned.

I dunno. That could be because Yosuke only has 3 cards to recover. Characters like Kanji and Akihiko recharge them much faster since they only have 2 cards to begin with. Lizzie and Shadow Labrys may take approximately twice as long to recover than Yosuke. Of course, I could be wrong too since this is youtube and as we all should know by now, youtube speed =/= game-speed.

I noticed that her charm didnt last as long as they do with the other characters. It sapped sp 3 times then stopped.

I believe that happened because she got hit quickly afterwards.

Yeah, Yukari's theme sounds good as well as what I could hear of the new VS screen music.

Flux the VS music is the same from what i heard isn't it

but in all seriousness how the heck do you guys hear yukari's new them i can barely hear with the game sounds

but in all seriousness how the heck do you guys hear yukari's new them i can barely hear with the game sounds

I dunno...it's still quite catchy!

I guess Shadow Akihiko is literally a junkie.

Looking forward to see (well, most likely read) what he can pull off.

Elizabeth's 5C is back and front dash cancelable on both hits = YASS

Thanatos dissapears on dash cancel = yasssssss (well it was known before)

5B has more range and it's dash/hop/jump cancelable on hit = woah

Health increased to 8000 = WOAH

From the looks of it, it seems the real stuff is to get Liz to awaken asap to get access to awoken specials, either way she looks a lot better now.

Shadow Akihiko!!! Finally!!! I would use CAPS but that is not appropriate. Thanks for the image, whoever got it out.

And Elizabeth is coming to the top, YESSS!

Elizabeth's 5C is back and front dash cancelable on both hits = YASS

Oh nice. This makes it a very potent pressure tool since in P4A, pulling out 5C on a guarding opponent only served to distance Lizzie from Thanny, not to mention leaving him open to breaks. This is good.

Thanatos dissapears on dash cancel = yasssssss (well it was known before)

This is news to me, but it is VERY good news. In keeping with the 5C dash cancel, this allows Lizzie to both apply pressure and keep Thanny safe. If there's one thing I learned while playing her, is that w/o Thanny, Lizzie doesn't have anything else to rely on. This helps immensely.

5B has more range and it's dash/hop/jump cancelable on hit = woah

Impressive. ASW took an already good move and made it even better.

Health increased to 8000 = WOAH

From the looks of it, it seems the real stuff is to get Liz to awaken asap to get access to awoken specials, either way she looks a lot better now.

I thought the 8000 health was already from loketest #1? Well it's still good news. I like glass cannons and all, but Lizzie was not even a glass cannon in P4A. She was a cookie/biscuit cannon at best :v:. Hopefully the final version sticks with the good stuff while minimizing the bad. Though looking back, it seems that Lizzie received the most extensive overhaul between the versions. It literally sounds like she's two characters in one what with how she functions pre-AWKN and post-AWKN.

Also for fun:

SB Mahamudoon - Placed right in front of liz, use unknown

That's actually a pretty good thing. See the original Mamudoon was always placed above Lizzie. Unfortunately, the timer, loss of it during hit/block made it useless. Mahamaon was useless too, but at least you could set it up in very situational combos. But if SB Mamudoon is placed in front of Lizzie then this becomes deadly if backed up with her ability to inflict Paralysis via Maziodyne. I don't remember if Mamudoon was unblockable but if it is, this is a pretty dangerous combination in Lizzie's hands.

Edited by Luminos564