Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I thought the 8000 health was already from loketest #1?

It was reduced in this loketest to 7500, but then when the test was updated it was increased back to

That's actually a pretty good thing. See the original Mamudoon was always placed above Lizzie. Unfortunately, the timer, loss of it during hit/block made it useless. Mahamaon was useless too, but at least you could set it up in very situational combos. But if SB Mamudoon is placed in front of Lizzie then this becomes deadly if backed up with her ability to inflict Paralysis via Maziodyne. I don't remember if Mamudoon was unblockable but if it is, this is a pretty dangerous combination in Lizzie's hands.

I can just picture putting SB Mahamamudoon on the ground beneath then. And with GDLK spacing, still applying pressure without the risk of getting hurt by a DP or burst. Finally, when Mahamamudoon activates (does it actually activate immediately or do we have to wait), when it activates, doing a jump in 2A and winning the match in one nice comeback. Yeah. I really can't wait to see how the arcade players manage her, it should be out in arcades by the end of this year or early next year, which means in January or February we can get some high level footage... even though the game just came out.

But if I'm honest, Debilitate is the only thing I can think about. It looked cool when I actually saw the thing (although from my point of view it looked like it had a slow startup), and to hear that it forces negative penalty and it can be combo'd after with strict timing, (like Liz's current DP on FC)... wow.

Uuuuhhhh, Yu? Never make that face again :gonk:. I don't think anyone's smile should be able to stretch the entire width of one's face.

It was reduced in this loketest to 7500, but then when the test was updated it was increased back to

Oh alright. Then I am just glad that it's back to that value for now.

I can just picture putting SB Mahamamudoon on the ground beneath then. And with GDLK spacing, still applying pressure without the risk of getting hurt by a DP or burst. Finally, when Mahamamudoon activates (does it actually activate immediately or do we have to wait), when it activates, doing a jump in 2A and winning the match in one nice comeback. Yeah. I really can't wait to see how the arcade players manage her, it should be out in arcades by the end of this year or early next year, which means in January or February we can get some high level footage... even though the game just came out.

I imagine the timer might be roughly the same or perhaps shorter than the regular version, if only to preserve the balance. I should point out that Mamudoon was blockable in P4A so the same likely applies now (I mean, it's an instant kill super so making it unblockable would be kind of overpowering). But at the same time, Mamudoon's activation countdown was faster than Mahamaon. It's just that Mamudoon was nigh impossible to land on an opponent.

But yes, I cannot wait for this game to be out in the arcades so I can see my Lizzie's new gameplans.

But if I'm honest, Debilitate is the only thing I can think about. It looked cool when I actually saw the thing (although from my point of view it looked like it had a slow startup), and to hear that it forces negative penalty and it can be combo'd after with strict timing, (like Liz's current DP on FC)... wow.

Debilitate is a bit unconventional for a charge move though (hold [6] and then press 4). I actually don't think a charge input like that exists in many fighting games (if any). But I will admit, she's definitely sounds like she's going in the right direction. With the right set-up, she can utterly demolish the competition. Seriously, 7.8K with SB Ghastly Wail is nothing to scoff at.

EDIT: On second thought, Debilitate's input isn't really a problem in P4U2 since the game lacks command normals like 6A, 6B and so on.

Edited by Luminos564

Don't forget that due to her slow dash/run you have more time to see something while dashing and then go back to 4 and do debilitate.

Oh wow, you're right. I didn't even think of that possibility. Good thinking :thumbu:.

I'm glad that the characters have new voice clips for the VS screen (though I guess this isn't gameplay related lol).

Yu's pressure doesn't seem very scary anymore. Quite happy.

post above me (i totally didn't miss the 'reply' button and quickposted by accident)

narukami can feint b lion into free air actions now

narukami can feint b lion into free air actions now

Isn't Sweep - Feint B lion now his primary oki?

Was wondering if Yu can now Sweep - Feint B lion - j.D for oki? because j.D actually looks decent now

I'm no expert but it doesn't look like it to me. If you look closely in the third video, jD comes out so fast now that Yu won't even be back on the ground before it hits. Plus on hit, jD seems to knock them back and allow them to tech the moment they touch the ground, allowing them to get back to neutral.

LOL, they gave Teddie Nullity Guidance as a super. Don't know if they'll rename it, but Nullity Guidance was incredibly strong in Persona 4 Golden.

j.D looks much better now, very fast. And was that some sort of command grab I saw Yu using? All I know is that it costed 25 meter, and it could be combo'd after. Yosuke seems to look so cool now too that I might consider learning him.

This was probably the first time actually seeing the super but Teddie's Nihil Hand super seemed to have more invincibility then it was told from the last test. Did they change it or was it just a lucky hit?

And was that some sort of command grab I saw Yu using? All I know is that it costed 25 meter, and it could be combo'd after.

Doesn't cost meter unless it's the SB version. A version is just a downward slash like you saw sometimes in the video. B and SB version are command grabs.

A version seemd like it was special cancelable too. he kept canceling into A lion. i wonder if you can cancel into 236D...

A version seemd like it was special cancelable too. he kept canceling into A lion. i wonder if you can cancel into 236D...

no reason not to. 236a > 214a was a 3f gap iirc.

updated the document with a yukari summary, didn't realize we never actually got one in previous loketests!

This was probably the first time actually seeing the super but Teddie's Nihil Hand super seemed to have more invincibility then it was told from the last test. Did they change it or was it just a lucky hit?

Oh so it's called Nihil Hand and not Nullity Guidance? Always get those two confused.

Am I the only one who sees resemblance to one of shadow teddies attacks from the original game with that super? Because I do. Lol