Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Actually, now that I look it bit better, it does sort of look like Vs. screen art. So its any one's game now.

If Score Attack Adachi doesn't have The Almighty as his theme, I will be dissapointed.

Also, here's something odd: In the scene where Yukari meets with Adachi, he uses his story portrait. Even though rest of the cast uses character select artwork. Really odd.

Edited by TPPR10

HOLY SHIT ON A SANDWICH! We actually have Adachi as part of the story and potentially playable!? FUCK. YES! Sho also looks pretty damn wicked, even without a Persona. And look; Summer 2014. Now if Atlus region locks it again, I can likely expect the same 1~2 week wait but if they don't I think a lot of fans will be happy since they can then import it (hey there Europe).

Between this and Persona 5 being announced, my year is looking mighty fine.

EDIT: I assume that was Inaba that got the Dark Hour treatment. So they also got their own version of Tartarus.

Edited by Luminos564

Another odd thing with Adachi is that his sprite has only one frame of animation. Rise and Captain Teddie had multiple frames, so its really odd for Adachi have just one.

Sho looks awesome and it will be awesome if Adachi is playable.

Question: does the empty TV screen where Sho's Persona is supposed to be and lack of Persona Cards make anyone else a bit sad? It just kind of looks...empty when compared to another, Persona-wielding character...That is, until you start chopping 'em to bits XD. I really want to see more of this guy and how he differentiates between versions.

I'm just wondering why Adachi's name appears as "???".

In general if a character is shown first time in story, their name isn't shown until it is told. So if this is first time Yukari sees Adachi, she has no idea who he is.

I'm not too sure how to feel about Adachi making the cut from a story perspective, but I'm excited to find out what kind of playstyle he's gonna have. Since his default persona is Magatsu-Izanagi, I'm expecting him to play somewhat like Yu, though I hope I'm wrong.

As for Sho, he definitely looks interesting, I'm assuming his No-Persona set-up will be more rushdown oriented? Either way, I'll give him a shot for sure.

I'm not too sure how to feel about Adachi making the cut from a story perspective, but I'm excited to find out what kind of playstyle he's gonna have. Since his default persona is Magatsu-Izanagi, I'm expecting him to play somewhat like Yu, though I hope I'm wrong.

Well, he's still alive last we checked, albeit he was incarcerated and not really able to do much in the real world. Jailbreaks are a thing though so him being around still makes some sense. But I don't think we have much to worry about differentiating Magatsu-Izanagi and him from Yu. Heck, in their own game, Magatsu-Izanagi is a whole different beast from the regular Izanagi and Izanagi-no-Ookami.

. Heck, in their own game, Magatsu-Izanagi is a whole different beast from the regular Izanagi and Izanagi-no-Ookami.

You're right actually, I'll have to slap myself for forgetting that.

Some want him to show up with the reaper...but I honestly don't see that happening. Him controlling multiple reapers only happened in the anime after all.

Agreed. I mean, if Persona 5 is said to be only for PS3, I doubt Atlus/ASW have any plans to move into PS4 just yet.

Well, Sho's Persona looks fuckin' sweet. 4 cards too so he's got a pretty average number for it. That SP skill though, looked like a counter but a damn impressive one. I love how Yukari and Junpei were discussing how he has no Persona on him and then he busts it out and they're like "Well, shit".

Edited by Luminos564

Oh yeah, Persona Sho's artwork looks like he is doing his best Dio impression.

I honestly wonder how the english speakers are going to diffrenciate the two Sho's from eachother.

Summer 2014? Just as expected. Now let's see if they can live up to my expectation of a June release.

Oh, I hope Johnny Yong Bosch still voices Adachi in the English version. Need to have that epic moment where Bosch is essentially talking to himself when Narukami and Adachi meet, lol.

Well we can certainly throw away the chances of this game landing on 360 this time. 360 users are done with ArcSystemWorks now, what I can see is all popular games on dustloop will not be on 360. So that's XRD, BBCP and P4U2. It's so sad.

By the way, I really want Sho to have the Reaper as a Persona.