Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Shoutouts to JYB gonna have to voice 3 (possibly 4) characters.

Edited by Pssych

About Sho, is it possible that Persona-less Sho and Persona'ed Sho are the same playable character? Perhaps he has some special mechanic, like "Persona Install" that he has to use in order to use his Persona?

"Persona'ed Sho" has slightly different character select art (different facial expression), his sprite has slightly darker colours and he has this blue glow surrounding him. More than likely a separate playable character. "Persona-less Sho" has access to a burst, unlike "Persona-less Labrys".

"Persona'ed Sho" has slightly different character select art (different facial expression), his sprite has slightly darker colours and he has this blue glow surrounding him. More than likely a separate playable character. "Persona-less Sho" has access to a burst, unlike "Persona-less Labrys".

Hm, I didn't see character select. Thanks!

Hm, I didn't see character select. Thanks!

Well, I say character select art, but really that because it's the same art used for super flashes and I saw his super flash.

Well, I say character select art, but really that because it's the same art used for super flashes and I saw his super flash.

Hm, I see. So then it's not impossible. His art could change depending on his mode, which would be a neat effect. We'll wait and see.

Hm, I see. So then it's not impossible. His art could change depending on his mode, which would be a neat effect. We'll wait and see.

How many modes have different titles and even names from each other? And yeah, I know the difference in names is only in how they are written. The way Yukari and Junpei speak of this "Persona'ed" Sho on the stream was very implicit of him being a different person from "Persona-less Sho".

Edited by Tokkan

How many modes have different titles and even names from each other? And yeah, I know the difference in names is only in how they are written. The way Yukari and Junpei speak of this "Persona'ed" Sho on the stream was very implicit of him being a different person from "Persona-less Sho".

Of course, people become better when they get a Persona.

Of course, people become better when they get a Persona.

People don't usually start glowing blue and changing their facial expression from a playful jerkass smirk to a dark subtly evil smirk when they gain a Persona.

If Persona!Sho was Shadow Sho, he'd be in Shadow mode during the time he was featured. Also, his glow is a much lighter blue than that exhibited by any Shadow. Maybe Personaless Sho is just ME faking being Sho whereas Persona Sho is the real deal (or vice versa)?

Something of note about the trailer: It says this is the finale of the P4U "P-1 Grand Prix Chapter"... but wouldn't that imply there's even more P4U after this one?

I vaguely recall that the original P4U story established that the main villain was someone who didn't have a Persona and therefore couldn't enter the TV world, so he had to get someone else who did have a Persona to go inside for him. So now that we see these two Sho's, one with a Persona and one without, you can sort of assume that they are different people, and maybe by extension two separate characters?

Also, for the people wondering how Adachi is going to deviate from Naoto's playstyle, I'm gonna guess dual-wielding pistol and police baton lol... Actually that sounds really badass...

Something of note about the trailer: It says this is the finale of the P4U "P-1 Grand Prix Chapter"... but wouldn't that imply there's even more P4U after this one?

It can be taken a few different ways.

1. P4U2 finishes the P-1 Grand Prix saga and then there might be a spin-off game that branches off from it. Not necessarily a fighting game, but it could also be one.

2. P4U2 finishes the P-1 Grand Prix chapter and then the next Arena game takes place unrelated to the Midnight Channel, but uses the established roster.

Personally I am kind of hoping it is option #1 since it might allow Elizabeth to be established as a main character in the next title.

I'm not a huge follower of the Persona series, but I was just looking at some of the P4U2 discussion on Japanese board.

Were people in the West aware that Sho Minazuki's movelists got briefly leaked when they started testing the Player's Guild website? They've been taken down and password-protected, but they're still cached on google.

I wonder what Persona-less Sho's C and D buttons do. It would be pretty weird if they did nothing on their own.

For Persona-less Sho, A, B, and C do attacks from him while D is apparently some form of "protection".

For Persona-less Sho, A, B, and C do attacks from him while D is apparently some form of "protection".

That sounds a lot like a BB character to me.

Oh yeah, here's Persona-less Sho's title.

掟破りの駄洒落マシーン

"The Law-Defying Pun Machine"

Apparently, Sho likes puns.

According to this (my jp is weak so feel free to correct me):

A, B and C are attacks

D is an "avoid" or "protection"

5B has long reach (Hits twice?)

jC is "powerful"

His DP is also "avoid" (?)

Low damage (Dunno if they're talking about him or his DP)

He has a move where he throws his sword forward (Like Vergil's Round trip?)

They also mention something about him being really fast.

Edited by Pssych

I noticed his move names are pretty much all moon-themed.

Just like his surname, huh.

Time to translate the article, I suppose.

Minazuki Sho
CV: Suzumura Kenichi

Persona: None

Type: Solo type

Persona gauge: None

Identity unknown! Who is this dual-wielding psycho?

Minazuki is the first character in the game who "fights without using a Persona". This mysterious character who only has his name and appearance revealed does not seem to have a Persona (or just does not want to use it, which is one and the same in gameplay terms). Instead, he has an aggressive fighting style that uses his twin swords. This sets him up as a rival of Narukami, another sword wielder.

Since he has no Persona, all normals, specials, and supers that use the A, B, and C buttons are performed by Minazuki himself. By pressing the D button, he can perform a unique "Dodge" move: this makes him a pretty simple character both in offense and defense. Don't be mistaken, though: he's not weak just because he has no Persona. You should rather be worried about fighting a character with such powerful techniques, which Minazuki got plenty of.

His normals, such as a fast 2A, long-reaching 5B, and a strong j.C, are all tailor-made to make it easy for Minazuki to get in along with his fast jumps and dashes. And if you happen to block the enemy's attack, you can get behind them in a blink of an eye with your "High-Speed Movement" (236C/D) and either use your highly rewarding throw or your 2C that greatly punishes those who don't block low.

Minazuki's blockstrings are very difficult to interrupt because of him canceling into "High-Speed Movement". If the opponent gets a bad timing with their punish, Minazuki simply dodges the attack and gets a free combo. However, if the opponent reads that and delays their attack for the teleport, Minazuki can counter-hit them with his 2C. Moreover, his B normals deal two hits, which makes reading and punishing them even more difficult.

Since Minazuki can easily mix-up the opponent by abusing his various "Hozukizan" specials, it's very easy to get good with him with a little practice. And since his SP skills and Awakening SP skill are very easy to connect from the simple strings, he's recommended for the players who don't like complicated playstyles.

Moreover, "Survival Knife" is a perfect move to kick-start your onslaught. As the name implies, Minazuki quickly throws a survival knife over the whole screen: thanks to its great speed, you can easily get in even if the opponent blocks it. Up-close, this move can safely stagger your combos, making the opponent even more cautious of "High-Speed Movement" and 2C.

Overwhelm the enemy with quick attacks!

On the defensive, Minazuki can use his powerful D button and Furious Action to "dodge" enemy's attacks, so he doesn't feel handicapped in that aspect. Since the Furious Action comes out very fast, it can easily get between the opponent's combo links. And in the air, surprise, it becomes an overhead that can't be blocked low. Even though it doesn't deal that much damage, that's one more mix-up option to break through the enemy's guard.

By using the One More Cancel right after the "Dodge", it's easy to turn this defensive tool into an offensive one. With this, you can even punish the attacks that can't be blocked, which makes it a pretty strong defensive option, especially at the long distance. And by using the aerial version, you can counter the anti-air attacks, making it easier for you to get in.

Minazuki has lots of powerful techniques despite having low health. And since his playstyle is easy to understand, it's very easy to play as him for anyone who has any experience with fighting games. He might not be able to attack in tandem with his Persona like the rest of the characters, but his offense is very difficult to see through, making it that much more rewarding. It can also be said that having no Persona and not having to worry about the Persona gauge has its merits, as well. If you want to be in your opponent's face no matter what, than this character is tailor-made for you.

Screenshot: This series of furious sword swings can easily be compared to the power of Persona, if not surpass it. After blocking the enemy's attack, it's Minazuki's turn!

Edited by SoWL

Just like his surname, huh.

Time to translate the article, I suppose.

CV: Suzumura Kenichi

Persona: None

Type: Solo type

Persona gauge: None . . .

Fast character?, ok, now Yosuke's got a rival, in general and for me :v