Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Does any one know what are Shadow Yosuke's and Shadow Teddie's themes? I know Shadow Chie's theme is "Backside of the TV"

Am i the only confused why they changed the IK music? i mean time to make history don't seem like a killing song. More like a music in the music select. Mist in my option was good enough.

Does any one know what are Shadow Yosuke's and Shadow Teddie's themes? I know Shadow Chie's theme is "Backside of the TV"

I know Shadow Yosuke's is "ZONE TIME" but I haven't heard Shadow Teddie's yet.

Found some potentially game-changing translated story info and an interesting exchange between Labrys and PerShoNa. Putting both in spoilers because obvious reasons.

Persona General posted some bullet points made on 2ch about arcade mode concerning Sho, Persona Sho, and Adachi. Anons translated and this is what they say.

Minazuki's bullet points:

His puns are reminiscent of Ikutsuki

A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from him

When defeated by Teddie, he mentions "drawing out (Teddie's) hometown"

When defeated by Sanada, he says "If it's your friends, they're coming, thanks to you guys!!"

Often mentions "him"

He appears to be jealous of those who possess Personas

The last boss for Yu, Naoto, Teddie, Aigis, Junpei and Sanada.

Persona Sho's bullet points:

Persona is Tsukiyomi

A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from him

Says to Labrys "You and I are the same, that's why I chose you".

His objective is to "remake the world"?

"What that child desires isn't revenge."

The last boss of Hanamura, Mitsuru and Labrys.

Adachi's bullet points:

He appears in Yu's, Sanada's and Yukari's scenarios.

Minazuki and Adachi have nothing to do with one another (They're aware of each other but they're not in cahoots)

When asked if he's a fake, he replies that he's the real deal.

"If you spend too much fighting, you might not be able to return things to normal"; he appears to understand the truth of the situation.

He appears to have business at the top of the tower.

Sanada and Yukari have no idea who he is.

Labrys: "I won… I won! But, that reading… Is that a Plume of Dusk? No way… You’re definitely human… What the…?"

Sho: "Heh Heh Heh… That is correct. I am just like you. That is why I chose you. But it seems you were nothing but a hindrance in the end. Of course, it does not matter… It is already too late."

Sho: "There is nothing you can do anymore, it can’t be undone… The world will now change!!"

From footage so far it seems like AoAs do more damage. That being said, is the AoA reset trick still in? If you don't know it it's when the AoA combos into another combo but the actual attacks start it's own combo. It was 3000 damage in the original and it was mainly a Teddie trick cause he could only use rage. if it's still in won't this be really damaging cause all it takes is for the opponent to be in rage and a 1 more cancel?

@shoryosatsu99: Uhh, we have a story discussion in Zepp Museum for P4A2. You should have posted it there and not here.

Latest Maxim Hero has footage of Akihiko's new SB Cyclone Uppercut and AA grab. SB Cyclone Uppercut was in part 1 and the AA grab was in part 2. I used to think it was pretty cool how Akihiko could do 2 A Cyclone Uppercut one after the other but then ASW one upped themselves by making him do 3 for the SB, lol. Looking forward to seeing some optimal combos ending with this.

Also, based on that first Chie in the Kantou footage, looks like Chie's oki might still work in the corner from a combo ending in Skullcracker.

sucks that there was no junpei in the recent tournament..was looking forward to updating the video thread today like I did yesterday. it was cool seeing kanji though

I'm not entirely sure, it's too early to tell.

On one hand his new (day 1) combos seems really direct and comboing into a move that silences is really neat, but I've noticed that his main ways to close distance have been made very unsafe, which could affect certain MUs. Kill Rush recovery puts him in FC state. Duck is slowed down beyond practicality (imo) and is ALSO in FC state (I saw Mitsuru punish Duck recovery with 5a and saw "fatal counter"). And Obviously his damage took a hit, I've only seen him reach 4k once, never saw him break 4k.

I really can't tell what ASW wanted him to be, at first (in p4u) it seemed like he was supposed to be the agile boxer who uses his movement tools to close distances and open the opponent, but with the changes to KR and Duck, maybe they didn't want him to be that......?

Needless to say I am confused with the direction they went with Akihiko. Despite all that, I understand that the game JUST came out and this is all early "tip of the iceberg" stuff. I'm hoping when the game and characters develop, Akihiko will show something of real merit other than fun combos and 2 second silence.

Also there's a tiny Nanako next to Teddie's SP. is that just there for cosmetic purposes?

It's just a custom avatar that people can choose.

Kanji looks good to me. I don't like when the developers put charge moves on characters that shouldn't have it though but i like the changes. His auto combo still looks like it can oki, the air cruel attack is a nice move to throw out instead of Bet Ya Can't Take This!, his D This'll Hurt! acutally moves up a bit so it's good against characters that don't move during an oki, his AoA i saw move about half the screen after a shoulder charge, and i'm glad his J.C can actually hit standing people (would have been the worst choice in the game if they did that.) I'm excited to use him. But i can't leave the Bear!

I also like this new Kanji and am glad they didn't nerf him as bad as I feared. I think it's pretty cool how he can still use his command grab without take mikazuchi and that, despite dishing out almost no damage, it's still really useful as you can combo into it and can follow it up with many things (including Bet ya can't take this!)

I'm still gonna sub the guy, but I'm more interested in Junpei at the moment...despite the fact we haven't seen much of him.

I'm not entirely sure, it's too early to tell.

On one hand his new (day 1) combos seems really direct and comboing into a move that silences is really neat, but I've noticed that his main ways to close distance have been made very unsafe, which could affect certain MUs. Kill Rush recovery puts him in FC state. Duck is slowed down beyond practicality (imo) and is ALSO in FC state (I saw Mitsuru punish Duck recovery with 5a and saw "fatal counter"). And Obviously his damage took a hit, I've only seen him reach 4k once, never saw him break 4k.

I really can't tell what ASW wanted him to be, at first (in p4u) it seemed like he was supposed to be the agile boxer who uses his movement tools to close distances and open the opponent, but with the changes to KR and Duck, maybe they didn't want him to be that......?

Needless to say I am confused with the direction they went with Akihiko. Despite all that, I understand that the game JUST came out and this is all early "tip of the iceberg" stuff. I'm hoping when the game and characters develop, Akihiko will show something of real merit other than fun combos and 2 second silence.

Speaking of Akihiko, I hope that Kubo and Moke continue to main him this version. If you've seen those two play in Vanilla than it'll be totally godly and frightening what those two could potentially come up with after going in the lab with him.