Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

From what I've seen it looks like the burst animation and it freezes the screen for a sec. Only seen it during combos though. I'd say yes because only shadows can use it but it's too early for me to tell. Plus i haven't seen much Shadow character gameplay

Does anyone know if shadow rampage activation has invul?

I don't believe so. Watch the Exhibition Footage with Stunedge, DIE-chan and the rest; I'm pretty sure there's a point where someone activates Shadow Rage while under pressure, and they get hit in recovery.

lol, anyways, besides someone mentioning that Junpei has all bases loaded and stuff, I read no mention of Yukari's S.A. version and her stats yet. Unless I might have missed it (or not) in the topic or wait on someone's impression of it if someone faced her yet in S.A.!

and to add to that, it only starts the match with 9 runs, all rounds are essentially "bases loaded and one swing does you in if your not careful". and they can be gotten rid of too. So if you're smart with your moves you effectively gotta AVOID. GETTING. YOUR ASS. HIT. a yukiko player I saw a 2 parter for this did it with ease.

Will score attack have saves like story modes bookmarks? So this time we won't have to restart to the beginning when we (and we will!) lose?

doubt it.

Will score attack have saves like story modes bookmarks? So this time we won't have to restart to the beginning when we (and we will!) lose?

doubt it.

What Houdini said. Doubly so if they unlock some gallery mode content or navigators upon completion. Seriously though, ASW can be quite sadistic to when it comes to downright anti-helpful to players. I said that P4A's Score Attack would not have been nearly as hard if we were allowed to continue using the 2nd player trick we've had in Blazblue. It would still be a challenge to beat certain characters, but the impact is lessened. I mean, come on: "Beat Score Attack with EVERY character"? Not to be a spoil-sport ASW, but what makes you think I care enough about Yukiko, Teddie or Yosuke to learn how they work, practice and then go through an extremely frustrating mode with them?

Probably not, If you also mean the 2P Trick ala BB's Score attack, that didn't work either in Vanilla P4A...>_>

So yeah, stepping up A-Games or Burst (no pun intended).

anyways, I'll check for more score attack videos on nico and use MMCafe to check the results. If anything I'll hope their on the risky paths. because remember, normal score attack I hear doesn't have the absurdly powerful characters

EDIT: Found risky courses B and C, both a yukiko run so I'll note changes to the best of my ability aside the ones that are from the previous game, this is course B's character changes.

Course B:Mostly normal, 3 shadow characters.

Naoto

*couldn't decypher

Yukiko

*Konohona sakuya has some charge attack likely one of her persona attacks enhanced

Chie

*Power charge is flashing blue (someone who chie's explain this to me I don't do chie XD)

*unsure if this was with the old S.A. Chie but she can do her furious action counter attack in the air like a special

Shadow Kanji

*j.214B isn't doing much damage, so safe to assume either the overall damage buff is different for kanji or something else

*low distance on his airdash (again never reached kanji in score attack so I dunno if traits between both versions are inherited or not)

*he kept the dropkick...come out very fast, like split-second the round started then DROPKICK! went low so I assume it's the sweep version

Yukari (someone's waiting for this so I'll look forward to their reactions to the changes)

*5B does 18 hits, so in a way rapid fire.

*2B fires 3 arrows that track the opponent

*I believe a triple arrow-like move had ricocheting arrows

*All B attacks can track the opponent

*gimlet-super tracks (or goes forward than back, the yukiko used her dia move to block it), do not know if this applies to air version, turns out on hit it can hope in for a second strike...if done within a clusterbomb of arrows it's garunteed loss for the round.

*I think I saw 2 bombs fall so maybe whoever said she throws more than 1 bomb is correct or it could b the SB version

Shadow Mitsuru

*...I could not decypher a darn thing from her match

Aigis

*999 Bullets...go figure.

*turns out her flame cartwheel movie I have NO IDEA what the name is can be cancelled into itself in midair as if it were a third jump... (somehow, again I barely know half the characters or faced 'em in score attack)

Labrys

*since axe level is red...one of her supers IKed the yukiko... (surprisingly...or unsurprisingly...again never got far in S.A.)

S.Labrys (w/Asterius)

*couldn't decypher her well

*Elizabeth

*as much as I wanna decypher liz..there's only two words I can truly say WE'RE...BONED

anyways, that's the course B stuff to the best of my ability

Oh joy, now for COURSE C I will omit those I described from course B unless stated otherwise. Those who appeared in course B will get added changes seen in the route C videos

Norm .Kanji (non-shadow based buffs I come across will be stated, if they are shared with the shadow they'll not be listed.)

*turns out from 214C/D when persona broken he can directly follow up with cruel attack follow-up. (I know it likely is possibly anyways, but he did it almost instantly)

*utilizes the D attacks more than shadow kanji (surprisingly ._.)

Omitting reg Chie and reg Yukari

Akihiko (forgive me if I...literally screw this up too hard XD)

*cyclone level instantly at level 5

*thunder fists active (yeah redundant but hey it's relevant)

Norm. Mitsuru

*tentarafoo travels very fast across the ground. (ala REPPUKEN!)

Omitting Aigis, Shabrys

PerSHOna/NyarlaSHOtep (my new nickname)

*2 survival knives thrown at one altitude, one fast, one slow,EX does it at both altitudes

*an attack casts silence and fear at the same time

*Got a teleport (unsure if it's a normal move for him, he ain't released yet)

Narukami

*...couldn't decypher the damn pimp >.>

and obligatory liz is obligatory.

that's all for course C.

Edited by HoudiniJr100

Yukari (someone's waiting for this so I'll look forward to their reactions to the changes)

*5B does 18 hits, so in a way rapid fire.

*2B fires 3 arrows that track the opponent

*I believe a triple arrow-like move had ricocheting arrows

*All B attacks can track the opponent

*gimlet-super tracks (or goes forward than back, the yukiko used her dia move to block it), do not know if this applies to air version, turns out on hit it can hope in for a second strike...if done within a clusterbomb of arrows it's garunteed loss for the round.

*I think I saw 2 bombs fall so maybe whoever said she throws more than 1 bomb is correct or it could b the SB version

Huh, so I wasn't too far off the mark there:

Let's see, I'll call:

-Rapid fire, fully charged (3) arrows per shot.

-Always home in on you without the assist from the Persona.

-Full-screen Magarula.

-Tosses out more parachute bombs than normal.

-Furious Action Covers the full screen.

Chie

*Power charge is flashing blue (someone who chie's explain this to me I don't do chie XD)

*unsure if this was with the old S.A. Chie but she can do her furious action counter attack in the air like a special

Blue Power Charge means she's in permanent Lv.3 (as in Power Charge is stacked 3 times). That translates into the 9K damaging Dragon Kicks and insta-kill Godhands. In other words, she's same as before except I'll bet my ass that the Lunge Punch is also affected by Power Charge, meaning another move to watch out for. And yeah, she could always do her Furious Action in the air, even as normal Chie.

*Elizabeth

*as much as I wanna decypher liz..there's only two words I can truly say WE'RE...BONED

and obligatory liz is obligatory.

Oh joy, as if she wasn't scary enough in vanilla P4A. The others you mentioned seem mostly par for the course. Newer system features are simply added to the older P4A Score Attackers.

I wonder if Chie's AI is still as fucking dumb as it was in vanilla.

God, I rarely get to play against others so I would hope the AI sucks way less. Even in Hell difficulty it's a fucking joke.

Score Attack wasn't that difficult imo. (Maybe because I was cheap and didn't feel like buying navigators that I wanted to complete all of it with everyone). The AI has extremely exploitable behavior patters and DP is God.

I'm really excited for P4C Score Attack though, how's Score Attack Junpei looking?

As I said, he has 9 runs at the start of the match and each round he has bases loaded.

EDIT:and now for shadow intros and victory poses since a video of shadow aigis in arcade decided to bring the idea in, I'll list what I see that is unknown to the rest of you here. Also is it me, or can shadows not do Insta kills? ._. And turns out for shadow arcade mode, you fight all shadows til the end...in which you'll fight Liz. (makes it a good thought why they can't fight Sho.)

Shadow Yukari: ...shower. grabs her featherman costume before it disappears.

Omitting shadow ted and Kanji, shadow aigis does a iori-laugh similar to shadow Yu's for her victory pose.

Shadow Chie: atop her other Chie clones as if they were a throne, akin to her berserk form's boss pose

Shadow Yosuke: has back turned to his foe, ranting to himself, before clutching at his head, turning around menacingly arms himself with his kunai

Shabrys (with Aridyne):...sadly omitted. :(

omitting

obvious persona 4 animation spoilers

I mean Shadow Narukami

I'll desciribe more should more arcade runs come up involving shadow selves not listed.

Edited by HoudiniJr100

http://imgur.com/a/r9qn6#0

Pictures of shadow start/win pose

Doesn't show the animations for them though :(

Is it weird that I like Shadow Yukari, Akihiko and Teddie's the most out of the bunch? I would also have included Shadow Mitsuru's throne pose in there, but it seems they forgot to bend her coat as she sits down so it looks as straight as when she is standing up. That said, I have a feeling Shadow Akihiko's win pose is going to reach some Terumi vs. Ragna levels of corpse beating.

My personal favorite is Shadow Teddie. I don't think anyone can top that.

Well he is taking you to the "Existential Kids Korner".

That said, I'm surprised they didn't put in S.Labrys poses in there. I mean, we had Shadow Aigis doing a laugh that would make Iori Yagami proud, so why not her older, mechanical sibling?

Edited by Luminos564

My favorite intro is Shadow Teddie's, but my favorite win animation is definitely Shadow Akihiko's, since he goes DBZ on your ass like a total proteins addicted bastardo.

I wasn't planning on playing shadow characters much. But maybe I'll play them because of their personality. Especially Kanji. And Yukiko.

always be shadow kanji....ALWAYS BE THE MAN WHO WORE JUST A TOWEL!

always be shadow kanji....ALWAYS BE THE MAN WHO WORE JUST A TOWEL!

Fundoshi my good sir. It is the underwear reserved for only the manliest of Japanese men.

:eng101: