Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I'm looking forward to training mode. It'll accelerate people finding new combos and setups.

I agree only because I wanna see junpei combo movies. :P

Anyone else streaming it? I cant get in for some reason.

I don't know, but nothing's happening yet since they're trying to get fix stuttering problems in the streaming.

Sweet, I'll take a look at nyarlashotep after classes today, though not for much because finals tomorrow and Friday.

Pershona looks pretty cool, he has a super that makes everything completely black besides the opponent.

Also, I'm guessing that Blazblue thing was the special announcement.

Also, I'm guessing that Blazblue thing was the special announcement.

I'd think they'd save the announcement for after the tournament finals.

Edit: Appears the announcement was for a national tournament.

Edited by Tokkan

That's interesting. Do you know if it's a national tournament just for P4U2 or is it like last year's Arc Revo?

Not much info was given, but there is two, One for P4U2 and one that Arc is going to hold.

Not much info was given, but there is two, One for P4U2 and one that Arc is going to hold.

I see. Thank you for the info. I hope the one held by Arc is like Arc Revo. I thought it was really cool. I'm always glad to see this kind of support for the games.

I haven't checked out the stream and to be honest didn't follow the loketest info too much, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but does Sho have a "shadow" form? I know that Sho aside, everyone has one except Elizabeth/S. Labrys.

Basically, I am wondering if Sho w/ persona is the other character slot, or if it's more like selecting shadow characters where it's an option (In Sho's case, pick either Sho or Sho w/Persona)?

sho and persona-sho each take up a char slot

also neither shadow labrys nor elizabeth have shadow modes

sho and persona-sho each take up a char slot

also neither shadow labrys nor elizabeth have shadow modes

I wonder why Elizabeth doesn't? Story reasons, or would a shadow mode for her be broken?

I wonder why Elizabeth doesn't? Story reasons, or would a shadow mode for her be broken?

I'd say it's more for story reasons than anything. Lizzie and other Velvet Room residents aren't what you'd call human. They are capable of levitation, incredible feats of strength (such as lifting a colossal abomination with one hand), can survive in the vacuum of space without needing to breathe and are at the very least, not affected by the same concepts of time if Lizzie is to be taken as an example. They look human, but they are definitely not so maybe that's simply why they don't have shadows. Alternatively, it could be like what Teddie mentioned about Nanako, about how she can't have a shadow since she's still so young and innocent. Perhaps a similar point is made for the Velvet Residents, who are still questioning their existence.

If however, you'd want a gameplay explanation for Lizzie specifically I can think of 2 points:

1. It'd remove the usefulness of Mind Charge and the Awakening properties on her moves since shadow versions don't get to awaken.

2. She has her old 5AAA as a 5BBB so there is no reason to have a shadow version in that regard as Lizzie remains virtually unchanged.

EDIT: Rayzor also raises an interesting point. Imagine Lizzie with Shadow Rampage on and the fact that she gains SP automatically. Then combine it with the SP carryover between rounds and...yeah, kind of a scary thought.

Edited by Luminos564

Honestly, Shadow versions at all don't make any sense story-wise if you take them as actual shadows. Isn't it already known that the shadow versions in P4U and P4U2 are just tricks to mess with the cast anyway?

I think it's just because of gameplay reasons.

Shadow characters most likely were added as a way to give you someone to fight during story mode without making all the characters fight each other again.

You guys haven't played Persona 2. I heavily doubt it's simply for gameplay reasons, though that's part of it.

Agreed, he has been playing to similar a game.

Huh, I just noticed that PerShona's Survival Knife special isn't a [4]6 charge motion. Instead it is a 236A/B one. That ought to make things easier I guess, since I really kinda suck at charge moves.

Huh, I just noticed that PerShona's Survival Knife special isn't a [4]6 charge motion. Instead it is a 236A/B one. That ought to make things easier I guess, since I really kinda suck at charge moves.

Also, Persona Sho's Senga, Shouga and Metsuga are all together a Rekka while for No-Persona Sho those are 3 seperate moves.

Also, Persona Sho's Senga, Shouga and Metsuga are all together a Rekka while for No-Persona Sho those are 3 seperate moves.

Neat. Is there a particular benefit to making them Rekka instead of just regular specials? Or is it that they simply decided to make them into Rekka with simpler inputs to them for the sake of differentiation?