Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Liz's Guard cancel is a suicide button? I understand it's a pointless waste of meter, but I can't see the suicide except the fact that it's a grab.

From what I remember about P4A's version of the move, you could get hit before the grab has a chance to come out, AND it has less range than Shuffle Time normally does. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing's changed on that front.

It just balanced her utility/damage ratio. She needed balance, but more than that. She needed improvements. Starting with an actual high/low game. She has some of the worst mixup I have ever seen.

Does she still have her suicide button (6ab on block)? That would be just totally freaking magnificent.

I keep wanting to try out Liz, since she's one of my favorite characters in P3, but I'm always put off by her options. She has gimmicks, but they seem to be only effective against people who don't know them (most net players). Though, I did enjoy messing around with her in training mode. It will probably be awhile before I actually start using her seriously.

But it seems Mitsuru is still looking strong. So I'll keep maining her for the time being.

I expected to find more P. Sho footage by now, wonder what's up and why isn't anyone playing him...

While we can't reveal this character's name, and presently, we don't know if they'll become playable, we can say that the fans have certainly been hoping for them.

sounds like Minato :vbang:

That's not a Evoker :v:

But anyway, keep in mind that the things says the character mignt not be playable, so where it might be Minato/Makoto/Sakuya/whatever he goes by this week, it doesn't mean he will be playable.

...inb4 theo? or ken?

Actually I'd like theo...he'd be like liz, but instead of Thanatos he'd have Helel or maybe Metatron (or whatever that Aeon social link angel is) and he'd play like Relius. Because actor allusions

I expected to find more P. Sho footage by now, wonder what's up and why isn't anyone playing him...

He's popular in arcades. DIE-chan was messing around with him. I saw a few of them on Saturday.

Liz needs a shadow version imo

Playing Liz without awakening or burst is practically suicide IMO.

Playing Liz without awakening or burst is practically suicide IMO.

unless they default her special moves to the awakening versions.

unless they default her special moves to the awakening versions.

But then she would have a chance of winning a match, and that's not right.

As for this 'new' character that they cannot talk about, first I'm expecting to be a guy cause I don't remember any female characters from the Persona games except Marie.

Minato: Is this gonna be realistic? Then again we are summoning demons by either crushing a tarot card and or shooting ourselves in the head.

Ken: I don't remember many people wanting him, but I never know. He seems like a cool choice, especially if he keeps his huge spear, it'll have more range than Mitsuru's.

Ryoji: No, I'm not going there.

Dojima: There IS a possibility.

But then she would have a chance of winning a match, and that's not right.

As for this 'new' character that they cannot talk about, first I'm expecting to be a guy cause I don't remember any female characters from the Persona games except Marie.

Minato: Is this gonna be realistic? Then again we are summoning demons by either crushing a tarot card and or shooting ourselves in the head.

Ken: I don't remember many people wanting him, but I never know. He seems like a cool choice, especially if he keeps his huge spear, it'll have more range than Mitsuru's.

Ryoji: No, I'm not going there.

Dojima: There IS a possibility.

To go down the last;

Thats the point.

...Miss Toruiumi everyone? (joke since she was using Maya as a screen name in innocent sin online for the hermit link :P)

Minato: my friend said he'd be like an advancing stance character between orpheus and messiah.

Ken: I seem him as Zappa-esqe, with kali-nemi being raoh, and koromaru and cerberus as a mix of the dog and ghost summons.

I still want a dojima joke character :P

as for my own idea, again Theo; essentially more dependant on physical atatcks rather than persona attacks, using helel or metatron, plays like Relius.

I still say the Reaper. :v:

...you know thinking on that...what kind of attacks would the reaper even have?!

Bang Bang, rattled, Mind Charge Mabufudyne derp derp I can actually be defeated with you at level 40-something in P4.

Edit: Seriousness here

Reaper would be a weirder character to see. He'd probably be an Arakune-esque character in the scheme of things dropping traps from various angles similarly to Arakune's Curse after getting a Mind Charge install super or something of the like. He wouldn't have a Persona, obviously, but when you broke his cards, he would only have access to his physical skills like the high level piercing attacks he has in three and gunshots special like Naoto's, because why not he has revolvers. I honestly don't see the reaper coming in as a character, and I kinda hope not, but that's only because I find him lame now. Ya'll can wish for him though.

I'd personally like to see Shinjiro. Honestly my favorite P3 characters and would probably be something like a combination of Labrys/Kanji with similar normals to Labrys and his Persona doing command throws of sorts or some shit.

Minato being in and actually switching his Persona between Orpheus and either Messiah or Orpheus Telos would be pretty awesome.

and I'd really love to see Dojima/Nanako. Just saying.

Edited by MarkusArx

It's probably going to be Adachi.

The 4gamer translation article mentioned a character other than Adachi, Sho or Persona Sho that may or may not be a playable character and that fans have been asking for. So no, it's not Adachi.

He's popular in arcades. DIE-chan was messing around with him. I saw a few of them on Saturday.

This is good to hear. Hopefully, footage manages to find it's way to us soon then. I'm curious to see what people can do with him so far.

Was it specified if this character is going to be released on arcade or console?

This is the translation: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n33sra

No timeframe for anything is given aside from an eventual 4gamer follow-up article. Because it's specifically mentioned that the character may or may not be playable, it probably means that they have particular ties to the game's story, so we can't really determine whether it's a character that will be in the arcade release or only in the console one.