Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

...you know thinking on that...what kind of attacks would the reaper even have?!

Pretty much everything.

MaDyne's for everything like Liz, so for Zio, Garu, Bufu and Agi.

Then he's got bullets.

Mitsuru's Myriad Arrows.

Mudoon, Hamaon.

He stole all of Junpei's stuff.

Mind Charge.

Megidoloan.

Wind Break, Fire Break, Ice Break, Elec Break.

Alot more stuff, and that's only what I remember from fighting him. But the guy is huge! He'd be a nice boss!

I'm glad PerShona is being used a lot, but I wanna see it. Teleports and everything, to me he looks OP but I'm not sure.

This is the translation: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n33sra

No timeframe for anything is given aside from an eventual 4gamer follow-up article. Because it's specifically mentioned that the character may or may not be playable, it probably means that they have particular ties to the game's story, so we can't really determine whether it's a character that will be in the arcade release or only in the console one.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing this up for me. It's sorta weird to tease a character in this fashion IMO. I guess it'll make people anticipate story mode more though.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing this up for me. It's sorta weird to tease a character in this fashion IMO. I guess it'll make people anticipate story mode more though.

Personally I'm all for this. It's a decent way to raise the hype levels for the game.

As for the new character, it can be Minato Arisato/Makoto Yuuki since the recent P3 movie did rather well in theaters and it'd serve as a way to promote them with this game. Plus it'd be kinda nice to finally be done with "What's his canon name" debate.

Of course, it could also be someone completely different, but the P3MC is one of the more popular characters and since we are not including P1 or P2 cast members, he's about the only logical conclusion unless we're somehow reviving Shinjiro or something.

Pretty much everything.

MaDyne's for everything like Liz, so for Zio, Garu, Bufu and Agi.

Then he's got bullets.

Mitsuru's Myriad Arrows.

Mudoon, Hamaon.

He stole all of Junpei's stuff.

Mind Charge.

Megidoloan.

Wind Break, Fire Break, Ice Break, Elec Break.

Alot more stuff, and that's only what I remember from fighting him. But the guy is huge! He'd be a nice boss!

...so when ya say that he'd be like takemikazuchi...nice idea! :)

There's a Persona Sho player in the latest Sasashima 2on2 footage. Quick impressions

- Blocking his slow projectile is a free teleport in to start mixup...maybe even make you have to quickly react and block the other way if timed right?

- Might've missed this during his demonstration video but he has a persona attack that's like Relius' Val Lyra (The move where Ignis appears behind you and slashes you)

- Being able to use the teleport to escape to the other side of the screen is convenient

- His command grab seems pretty fast. I wonder what the downsides to it are.

- That win pose where he disappears into bits of darkness is pretty cool

Pretty impressive early showing for Persona Sho. A nice addition to the cast. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

Eh, there's one big thing I think regular Sho has over PerShoNa: no need to manage persona cards. If it turns out that PerShoNa really needs Tsukiyomi in order to be competitive, then a few bad moves (or a lot of applications of Silence) and it's pretty much game over. Regular Sho doesn't have to worry about any of that.

Then again... does anyone know what happens if regular Sho is hit with Silence?

Eh, there's one big thing I think regular Sho has over PerShoNa: no need to manage persona cards. If it turns out that PerShoNa really needs Tsukiyomi in order to be competitive, then a few bad moves (or a lot of applications of Silence) and it's pretty much game over. Regular Sho doesn't have to worry about any of that.

Hmmm, a good point. Right now, it doesn't seem like he needs Tsukiyomi too much. His projectile and teleports are both pretty good for neutral but that move with Tsukiyomi I spoke of earlier is pretty nice for neutral too because it launches the opponent up into the air and looks like it can be comboed from with a teleport. Guess we'll see.

Hmmm, a good point. Right now, it doesn't seem like he needs Tsukiyomi too much. His projectile and teleports are both pretty good for neutral but that move with Tsukiyomi I spoke of earlier is pretty nice for neutral too because it launches the opponent up into the air and looks like it can be comboed from with a teleport. Guess we'll see.

well the only good part I can see aside tat is now it's not a charge move. it was for normal Sho :P

Blocking his slow projectile is a free teleport in to start mixup...maybe even make you have to quickly react and block the other way if timed right?

A bit like Izayoi maybe?

I want to play him so bad.

Eh, I'm not exactly inclined to agree with you on that based off of the little footage we have of him. Most of the combos we see in the footage have at least one persona attack stuffed in. Teleports seem to be his only good way of getting in, and they can get beaten clean by properly timed 2Bs (a Yosuke demonstrates it at about 12 minutes into the 5th Sasashima video; the port attack seem to be Head attribute, as an invincibility notification circle appears just before the 2B hits).

Command grab is probably really good for mixups, though. Kinda wondering why the SP-draining version was never used by the PerShoNa.

Eh, I'm not exactly inclined to agree with you on that based off of the little footage we have of him. Most of the combos we see in the footage have at least one persona attack stuffed in. Teleports seem to be his only good way of getting in, and they can get beaten clean by properly timed 2Bs (a Yosuke demonstrates it at about 12 minutes into the 5th Sasashima video; the port attack seem to be Head attribute, as an invincibility notification circle appears just before the 2B hits).

Command grab is probably really good for mixups, though. Kinda wondering why the SP-draining version was never used by the PerShoNa.

You misunderstood my post a bit, which is my mistake for not completely clarifying. I was speculating on whether Persona Sho really did need to be worried about his persona cards and was talking about needing Tsukiyomi in neutral, where the risk of losing a persona card is the highest. During combos, there is no risk of Tsukiyomi getting hit so I did not take it into consideration.

Predicatable teleports do indeed seem to lose to 2Bs. Though this requires some commitment on the opponent's part to stay put and react to the teleport. If Persona Sho players pick up on this, they can take advantage of this and take this time to throw the slow version of their projectile instead, which he can use like a sonic boom to cover his approach as seen in the footage. Plus, his normals aren't exactly awful. He's probably not going to have any problems just playing regular footsies with people. But guess we'll see.

As for not seeing the SP drain version of the command grab, not sure why we didn't see it. Maybe it has longer startup or the reward isn't as good as the health?

As for not seeing the SP drain version of the command grab, not sure why we didn't see it. Maybe it has longer startup or the reward isn't as good as the health?

Maybe it's just me, but from the PerShoNa footage I've seen, SP management is of little concern for him. He doesn't seem to really need SP all that much for damage and outside of throwing SB Survival Knives from time to time. Barring that, maybe the SP Drain is just miniscule compared to the HP Drain like you said.

Well that video was uploaded today. I don't think Jourdal uploaded it yet, but I'm not certain.

Just a note, his teleport requires persona.

I'm also keeping my mouth shut until more footage comes around.

Well that video was uploaded today. I don't think Jourdal uploaded it yet, but I'm not certain.

Don't worry. They're different. The one you linked is just one combo that demonstrates a 2C FC combo that uses an OMB + 100 meter. The one that was uploaded before was an OMB CMV.

Alright after burning through as much match footage as I could find, I gotta ask: why is Chie of all characters suddenly so underused? I mean, I can understand players not bothering with characters like Lizzie (much to my dismay), but Chie is still plenty good last I heard. It isn't like she got the Makoto treatment from ASW or anything, yet it seems wherever I look, someone is riding on Yu, Aigis, Teddie and Kanji bandwagons. Though the last one I can forgive since Kanji is fun and needs more player love anyway.

Alright after burning through as much match footage as I could find, I gotta ask: why is Chie of all characters suddenly so underused? I mean, I can understand players not bothering with characters like Lizzie (much to my dismay), but Chie is still plenty good last I heard. It isn't like she got the Makoto treatment from ASW or anything, yet it seems wherever I look, someone is riding on Yu, Aigis, Teddie and Kanji bandwagons. Though the last one I can forgive since Kanji is fun and needs more player love anyway.

What I wanna know is the lack of Junpei players... or in other cases for the Junpei forums; "Lack of tutorial/combo videos"

What I wanna know is the lack of Junpei players... or in other cases for the Junpei forums; "Lack of tutorial/combo videos"

Because everyone else is too busy with characters like Yu and Aigis? Barring that, maybe he isn't all that good a character despite his mechanic? Remember, the game is relatively new and the JPN players are still busy fighting for their shiny yens so tutorials will need to wait. Especially for new characters. I haven't seen a Yukari tutorial myself and she's as popular (if not more so) than Junpei.