Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

The Dempsey Roll is weak. He needs the evolved version if anything :v:.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Fair enough, but try to remember that a lot of tech is always being figured out at this stage of the game. Not only are players unaware of each characters full move lists (as shown with these secret supers) but we just don't know what every character can do with their new stuff. All it takes is someone finding a new property of a move or special to change how they are ranked. Much like Makoto from third strike boosted up after people found out more about her and her karakusa loops. That said, I do understand what you are saying and for now people have an idea where characters stand.

The game isn't being location tested or anything, it's actually out and is being played by tourney players. Just because we don't have it yet doesn't mean the game isn't "out" and set in stone for now.

The game isn't being location tested or anything, it's actually out and is being played by tourney players. Just because we don't have it yet doesn't mean the game isn't "out" and set in stone for now.

All I'm saying is I feel it's a bit premature to believe in a tier system a month and change from a games release. As it stands, people are still researching everyone.

Remember when Labrys couldn't charge her 2B and DP? Japanese launch players probably do.

P.Sho is pretty good.

-amazing 5A, jump cancellable B normals, pretty good sweep, good j.B

-high average damage

-utility supers that cover most situations (very fast full screen projectile, very fast reversal, pretty good counter super)

-j.2D, 2C, and 2D can appear behind the opponent, punishing badly spaced mashing or the like

-Command grab that can be super canceled

Among other things. He has a few weaknesses, but if played solid his strengths outweigh them. Bully people with 5A and 2B.

Thanks for the P.Sho impressions Guyman. I've noticed the 5A bullying in particular a few times. That's going to make my Labrys sad

Just because a game is set in stone doesn't mean people know everything there is to know about said game. People's knowledge and understanding and mastery of that knowledge will continue grow for years for some games.

Can someone elucidate me on the advantages normal Sho has compared to Persona SHO? It seems that all I see since he was made available is Persona Sho and no one's playing his normal variation.

I guess not having to manage Persona cards could be one. Another would be that the Silence status doesn't matter. Those aren't great advantages, though. I don't know if his command dashes are that great, either.

Edited by FluxWaveZ

I think normal Sho might have slightly better pressure too. Half because of his high speed movement and dodge specials and half because Persona Sho having some of normal Sho's specials turned into rekkas instead. But yeah, other than what you talked about already, that seems to be the only advantages of normal Sho over Persona Sho

How Sho's dodge mechanic work? He just sidesteps or actually dodges stuff?

For what I see, it's like the Melty Blood Dodge, so it sould have good active frames, but maybe it can be punished by mashing things like 5A or 2A.

Can someone elucidate me on the advantages normal Sho has compared to Persona SHO? It seems that all I see since he was made available is Persona Sho and no one's playing his normal variation.

I guess not having to manage Persona cards could be one. Another would be that the Silence status doesn't matter. Those aren't great advantages, though. I don't know if his command dashes are that great, either.

Couple of Sho matches got uploaded on nico.

Take a look at this one.

The Sho player uses the "High Speed Movement" and "Dodge" pretty well.

Edited by Strife

It's sad but true that there are always instances in fighters where you have a char that does similar things to another but just not as good (like Iron Man and Magneto in Marvel). Normal Sho will probably not be as good as Persona Sho but I don't think he's going to suck.

Take a look at this one.

The Sho player uses the High Speed Movement and Dodge pretty well.

I think in P4U happened the same with Yosuke, Chie and Aigis, these are the fastest characters in the game but Chie and Aigis are superior to Yosuke in most cases. Even considering that, Yosuke doens't "suck", he's just not as easy to use as he looks.

Now I think this Sho is interesting . . . new sub for P4U2 :v:

Edited by heavymetalmixer

Take a look at this one.

The Sho player uses the "High Speed Movement" and "Dodge" pretty well.

Damn, that's some intense pressure. Seems this Sho always saves his meter to use those EX cross-up moves (and EX whatever that overhead-looking sword attack is). Haven't looked up how exactly it all works, but it seems that those dodges lead to some cool mix-ups and cross-ups.

Guess those might be more important to playing Sho than I had previously thought.

Edited by FluxWaveZ

Looks like we've got another patch coming next Thursday. Looking at it through Google translate seems to be just bug fixes. Pretty sure Chie's level 3 Power Charge SB Air Rampage bug has been dealt with but best to wait for proper translations as always.

Looks like we've got another patch coming next Thursday. Looking at it through Google translate seems to be just bug fixes. Pretty sure Chie's level 3 Power Charge SB Air Rampage bug has been dealt with but best to wait for proper translations as always.

What was that bug? Since I'm unfortunately not in the know...then again I don't use chie

What was that bug? Since I'm unfortunately not in the know...then again I don't use chie

She did a million damage when she did EX Air Rampage at lvl 3 power charge.

Not the most exciting of updates, but bug fixes are bug fixes. Sounds like Junpei got a small Victory Cry status buff.

She did a million damage when she did EX Air Rampage at lvl 3 power charge.

Not the most exciting of updates, but bug fixes are bug fixes. Sounds like Junpei got a small Victory Cry status buff.

Damn.... Looks like she became Bruce lee if not for a small bit,

As for victory cry buff.......HELLZ TO THE YES!