Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Is there a link to the patch notes? Trying to look for the source of all these translations...

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/images/imp/info140418.pdf

EDIT: Also, hooray for Labrys buffs. Going to wait for a translation but I'm pretty sure Labrys axe level now gravitates back to green and Gears got back it's 1f invincibility. The bubble got altered in someway but I can't decipher it in google translate. 

It's being called P4U2 Version 1.10. But for the BB "Version 1.10"s there's always been characters added (Relius for CS2 Version 1.10, Kagura, Terumi and Kokonoe for BBCP Version 1.10). Hmmmm...

Yay, Liz buffs! Don't know how much they will help but if she can at least get out of being the game's punching bag that would be lovely. Also it's nice to see Junpei and Yukari get buffs.

It's being called P4U2 Version 1.10. But for the BB "Version 1.10"s there's always been characters added (Relius for CS2 Version 1.10, Kagura, Terumi and Kokonoe for BBCP Version 1.10). Hmmmm,,,

With the console version coming real soon and some reveal enxt week, you really think they wouldn't add any new characters? I mean, it would follow a pattern,b ut there really isn't need for spectulation.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/important.html#info0418

They made a mistake in the notes.

【2014.4.18】巽 完二の修正内容に一部誤りがありました。正しくは「立ちC」ではなく「しゃがみC」です。お詫びして訂正いたします。

The change listed for Kanji's 5C is actually for his 2C. They've since corrected it in the PDF.

First of all, thank you Sourenga, Tokkan, shtkn and everyone else gathering up all this info. You guys are awesome. Thank you m(_ . _)m.

Second of all, fucking finally, Lizzie! You're sounding much more potent this time around. They even fixed Randomizer's status as the trash move in her repertoire and made it into something actually worth using. I won't go over all the character specifics so I'll just say that she is now sounding like a real character as opposed to something half-finished that every other character in the roster could trample down.

Thirdly, hell yes! Get down from your throne a bit Yu! Let us see, just how hard you will fall after this.

Finally, I'm curious as to how much the Shadow Version's health has been increased by. "A lot" to me sounds like 1.5x their originator's health, but that's mostly a guess. Still, this ought to help them get more universal use from players including adding actual invincibility for activating Shadow Rampage.

So, good stuff all around.

Someone made a command list for Rise. And made her Azrael.

I can't. I'm done. I can't even. Deep down I want it to be true.

Someone made a command list for Rise. And made her Azrael.

I can't. I'm done. I can't even. Deep down I want it to be true.

You're now imagining Rise with a Growler Field-like counter-projectile move and constantly talking about "devouring" the other characters. You're welcome.

Oh my god.  They're serious.

They're actually serious about Kanji being good this time.

Godspeed Arcsys.

Is he? ASW doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to grapplers. CP saw Tager actually good but the new version swiftly made sure he kinda sucks again. Still, as far as grapplers go, I'd rather Kanji be good. One of the few P4 characters I actually like (next to Chie).

I'm more worried about how much HP regen Junpei gets at something like 30 points. That shit just sounds fucking scary  :gonk:.

Since I'm in Japan and therefore an expert on everything, by looking closely at the screen, squinting really hard and drinking, I can deduce that the figure on the left is Ken. This is based on the last few seconds when the persona appears. Something appears to be spinning. These would probably be Kala Nemmi's or whatever he's called arms that spun in P3.

On the right the figure seems to be wearing something black. A P4 high school uniform or a suit perhaps? Looks kind of brunette doesn't it?

If I'm right you all owe me money.

I love what I see about Akihiko and Junpei! To be honest, I was worried about these notes but this is definitely better than what I expected.

I really like the Guard Cancel QE buff too. This game needs good universal defensive options since regular Guard Cancel isn't that good.

Sad to see Chie's 5A plus on block again, though.

Edited by Strife

Since I'm in Japan and therefore an expert on everything, by looking closely at the screen, squinting really hard and drinking, I can deduce that the figure on the left is Ken. This is based on the last few seconds when the persona appears. Something appears to be spinning. These would probably be Kala Nemmi's or whatever he's called arms that spun in P3.

On the right the figure seems to be wearing something black. A P4 high school uniform or a suit perhaps? Looks kind of brunette doesn't it?

If I'm right you all owe me money.

I better get some of that money too for posting the story here.

I like what I see about Akihiko and Junpei. To be honest, I was worried about these notes but this is definitely better than what I expected.

Sad to see Chie's 5A plus on block again, though.

Akihiko's looking pretty good, though TBH I think some of those changes should have been in place from the beginning like the one on 2C.  It just makes sense.

i'm not 100% sure if the patch notes actually say 'kanji air backdash distance traveled increased', it sounds more like he can't do air actions after it or something. i just woke up out of bed but it does say 値 rather than 距離.

Shaking my head hard at the 5A buff for Chie.

Like I get it, we all dated Chie back in P4, but jesus...

What, like 5B Fatal Counter in P4U arcade was any better for a time? For what it's worth, the game can be patched at any point if the 5A buff turns out to be too strong. Course, then I remember how long Yu has been sitting on his throne and shake my head too in disapproval.

"Clapping weakly" Bravo Arcsys. Bravo! You decide to alter Narukami's Shiden, and now you've made Chie more of a threat than she already is. Seriously why not go the extra mile and give her a command grab for good measure. 

To be perfectly honest, it's just a 5A +1. Something we already had to deal with in P4U. Something we can IB and make it -1. 

I'm not saying it's "fine" but c'mon, you guys should be complaining about the 5C buff.

Edited by Strife

I could care less about Rise but I'm excited about Ken. Didn't know the character had so much hate though. Is it because of what happened to Shinji because of him or something

I could care less about Rise but I'm excited about Ken. Didn't know the character had so much hate though. Is it because of what happened to Shinji because of him or something

Largely the hate he gets is on 2 fronts (well 3 if you want to include the nitpicky/petty ones).

1. Like you said, he's largely responsible for Shinjiro's death and gets virtually no consequence for it outside of being angsty for a few days. Nobody lectures him (well Akihiko does, but there is no indignation in his speech during that segment at all). Nobody lets him know that they think what he's done is unacceptable. He's just welcomed back with no penalty.

2. As a party member, he's largely useless. You have Akihiko for your Zio-needs, Hama-stuff is situational, his other skills are barely even worth mentioning and unlike Koromaru, Ken doesn't have an additional strength (Koromaru nulls fire and darkness, but Ken can only null light).

3. Most simply don't like his design at all, be it from his voice, to his appearance. I've heard of several people even say that Kala-Nemi is far worse in appearance as opposed to Nemesis.

Personally, I don't like Ken at all. Mostly because of #2. But provided he gets in, I'll just use him as my punching bag.

TBH I think most Ken hate is because people are insecure about young male characters like him and Carl.  Also because of him allegedly being responsible for Shinji dying which is bullshit but whatever.

Ken isn't my favorite character but in the event he does turn out similar to Venom I'll give him a shot.  Or maybe he'll be like Faust, IDK.