Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I wonder what would happen if you used Naoto or Lizzie's own Instant Kill supers Hamaon, Mudoon, Mahamaon and Mamudoon? Of course, that assumes you can even HIT Golden Lizzie with the latter two and if they would even do anything (Mahamaon/Mamudoon are instant death because they deal 25K+ damage which Golden Lizzie exceeds by a huge margin).

If we go with SMT logic, Hama+Mudoon are always instant death (provided you hit) unless the enemies null/reflect it, which all bosses do. Golden Lizzie looks like a boss in every sense of the term so I'm 98% sure those moves are ineffective.

Pretty sure it's an unlock-able skill from the mode. If normal Yukiko were to have a random rage effect from her attacks, she'd be kind of broken. lol 

I was saying it as a response to LeDom who was thinking that maybe characters can get different weaponswithdifferent abilities, stats ect. and I took Yukiko' rage inflictionability as a normal ability.

If we go with SMT logic, Hama+Mudoon are always instant death (provided you hit) unless the enemies null/reflect it, which all bosses do. Golden Lizzie looks like a boss in every sense of the term so I'm 98% sure those moves are ineffective.

That sounds a little too unreasonable because RPG logic does not necessarily need to apply to fighting games. In RPGs this makes sense since you're allowed time to plan and grind your levels. But in fighting game you can't really do that. I can understand removing the IKs themselves since the rounds are all fixed to 1, you can gain SP fast and they don't carry all the conditions that BB's Astrals do. But to absolutely remove a single character's mechanic seems a little excessive.

Then again, this is the same ATLUS that made the Digital Devil Saga Hitoshura secret boss fight so what do I know?

IIRC, Naoto's instant kill supers always hit for the amount of remaining HP. I think Liz's are the only ones which deal a fixed amount of damage (25K, like was mentioned). I don't see why Naoto's supers wouldn't work, though if Liz's didn't work, that would make sense I guess. 

Do we know how much health Golden Elizabeth (we should be calling her story-mode Elizabeth or something :v:) has anyway? Or are we just kinda guesstimating based on the Yukiko video?

Its probably quite hard to measure that since she seems to regenerate her health.

Also, keep in mind that this Golden Elizabeth is fought on Risky path. Which isn't even the hardest path. Meaning that we still might have something even harder than the Golden Elizabeth we just saw (Ultimate Golden Elizabeth?).

You can very clearly see the hearts floating off Rise after the throw as well as the pulsing SP bar indiciative of the status effect - Rise's throw inflicts Charm.

Good looking out. It's was pretty tough to see the hearts inside the shield. Quite interesting that the charm effect happens mid-throw, so she was able to drain about 10 SP after the throw ended.

Its probably quite hard to measure that since she seems to regenerate her health.

Also, keep in mind that this Golden Elizabeth is fought on Risky path. Which isn't even the hardest path. Meaning that we still might have something even harder than the Golden Elizabeth we just saw (Ultimate Golden Elizabeth?).

Ultimate Golden Elizabeth. The only bad matchup for Narukami.

On a more serious note, Is Rise a defensive fighter or is she broken like pre-patch Kokonoe?

I don't think we have nearly enough footage to determine how powerful Rise is yet. She definitely seems like a defensive/zoner type character though.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Ultimate Golden Elizabeth. The only bad matchup for Narukami.

On a more serious note, Is Rise a defensive fighter or is she broken like pre-patch Kokonoe?

We won't know anything until she's out. The footage gave us a vague idea, but nothing substantial.

Well Siliconera has some info on Rise, though it's really more about the Persona Stalker in general: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/28/episode-3-persona-stalker-club-shows-rise-persona-4-arena-ultimax/

According to them, Rise has a lot of long-ranged attacks but they might also suffer from delays which could cause her trouble. She also, apparently, has a large number of moves which is mentioned to be "difficult to grasp at first". They also provide the niconico video link. Rise stuff appears at the 33:39 minute mark.

Well Siliconera has some info on Rise, though it's really more about the Persona Stalker in general: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/28/episode-3-persona-stalker-club-shows-rise-persona-4-arena-ultimax/

According to them, Rise has a lot of long-ranged attacks but they might also suffer from delays which could cause her trouble. She also, apparently, has a large number of moves which is mentioned to be "difficult to grasp at first". They also provide the niconico video link. Rise stuff appears at the 33:39 minute mark.

Siliconera doesn't know anything more than we do concerning Rise.

So after watching and rewatching the Rise footage a bunch of times over, looking at every detail I decided to compile and write up all the info we have so far. This will make it easier for gathering information once more info gets released/the wiki gets started. I put time stamps for everything so I could make sure everything is accurate as possible. The only thing I'm not 100% sure of really is the fireballs being her C normals but I think that's a fairly safe assumption to make right now.

http://pastebin.com/KjNVzN8S

So after watching and rewatching the Rise footage a bunch of times over, looking at every detail I decided to compile and write up all the info we have so far. This will make it easier for gathering information once more info gets released/the wiki gets started. I put time stamps for everything so I could make sure everything is accurate as possible. The only thing I'm not 100% sure of really is the fireballs being her C normals but I think that's a fairly safe assumption to make right now.

Nice job compiling this. I didn't notice the timer during her Awakening super. I can't imagine it could actually be a 17-19 second long concert super thing, unless it's meant to be a kind of "joke" super that rarely lands.

Great work.  This is probably the most info we're gonna have for like the next 3 months too unfortunately.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but during the persona stalker video, Rise's Satellite super had the Icon for Yukiko's Fire Amp, and her Shield Skill had the icon Aigis's Orgia Meter, I'm not 100% sure why that is, but maybe its because the game and Rise her self are still in developement and the icons weren't put in the Persona Stalker video because she's still incomplete

Wooow... Nice analysis dude, although I won't get my hopes up about her damage yet, after all she's probably still in the alpha stage, or pre-alpha.

I dont think that song super animation was cut, I think it was supposed to look like that, kinda like Akuma's super in street fighter

I dont think that song super animation was cut, I think it was supposed to look like that, kinda like Akuma's super in street fighter

There was enough of a timer difference to say they cut past it.

No it wasn't. If you look at the Persona Q footage during the same PSC episode, you'll see they use the same image to cut out a part of the exclusive Persona Q gameplay they didn't want to show.

Yukari Takeba trailer. Official website updated with Story Mode tab and four characters.

No it wasn't. If you look at the Persona Q footage during the same PSC episode, you'll see they use the same image to cut out a part of the exclusive Persona Q gameplay they didn't want to show.

Yukari Takeba trailer. Official website updated with Story Mode tab and four characters.

Nice, hopefully we'll have one video per week from now on. Can't wait to see Junpei's story mode artwork!

Thanks. This is pretty cool. I really look forward to the weekly trailers from now on, if that is indeed going to be the case.

So is Rise going to be added to arcades any time soon?

We don't know. She might be added later or might be console exclusive.