Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Is it me, or does Koromaru look a bit derpy in that instant kill shot?  The glowing wolf head looks fierce and deadly...while Koromaru looks like he's jumping up to lick someone.

I think it's just the "hit" effect. It kinda overlays on Koromaru's mouth, blocking out some of the details. Rest assured, he's baring his teeth quite fiercely.

Someone mentioned that since Ken uses a spear, he'll have very long reach with his attacks. I like the idea though to compensate, he would need to suck at close range, requiring Koromaru to get him those hits in at that point. Ken even mentioned in P3 that this was a primary weakness for him during combat (not that you'd notice considering attack range was not something to worry about in the game) so hopefully it sticks.

How did you come to that conclusion, again?

The article mentions Koromaru being used for speedy attacks and Ken for long reaching attacks. I can only conclude that Ken has a really good neutral game, but once you get in you rush them down with Koro.

Maybe Ken plays a bit like Valkenhyn where he has a Dog Mode? More likely, I'd say Koromaru is like Ignus, but still...Dog Mode!

I was thinking AB are prob Ken normals, CD Kala-Nemi. Specials are Koro and Supers are Koro+Cerberus.

Maybe Ken plays a bit like Valkenhyn where he has a Dog Mode? More likely, I'd say Koromaru is like Ignus, but still...Dog Mode!

They'd need a head-exploding supersonic bark in order for it to be a proper Dog mode.  ;)

Anyway, this trailer is the second time that SHO's eyes and scar have glowed red (first is the arcade mode ending cutscene, which is shown in the trailer). I wonder what that's supposed to mean?

They'd need a head-exploding supersonic bark in order for it to be a proper Dog mode.  ;)

Anyway, this trailer is the second time that SHO's eyes and scar have glowed red (first is the arcade mode ending cutscene, which is shown in the trailer). I wonder what that's supposed to mean?

I assume it's the plume of dusk doing that

Koro-chan dog guage reminds me of Eddie. Get hype for dog unblockables...?

Nahson we have valk for that :v

s1112_LcuBaghJ87ub6my1w8wBO3CCTKlv145k.j

I am 99.8% sure that this is a furious action (blue health). It looks like it has great vertical range and sub-par horizontal.
Koromaru's definitely looking more like an assist now, which explains how Ken only has two cards.

Can't wait to see the Zio and Agi supers in motion!

After seeing Koro's screens, I noticed his gauge is still full even when he's attacking. I think it's safe to assume that the gauge represents his HP and will decrease if he gets hit. Not completely sure though, could be training mode or something.

Edited by Strife

That range tough. Definitely looks interesting. Now I'm only hoping he doesn't play like Carl.

If you look closely, the spear goes farther because there's a chain inside! Ken pls.

As expected, Ken and his persona have pretty good reach but I'm willing to wager that he pays for it in either start up or recovery for them. Looks like Koromaru always follows Ken around sort of like Ignis. Actually, I'm getting a lot of Relius and Ignis vibes from these screenshots.

After seeing Koro's screens, I noticed his gauge is still full even when he's attacking. I think it's safe to assume that the gauge represents his HP and will decrease if he gets hit. Not completely sure though, could be training mode or something.

Using Koromaru is definitely going to cost something in some way but it's unclear from these pictures in what way. Debug or training mode could also be a factor as well as you mentioned

s1112_LcuBaghJ87ub6my1w8wBO3CCTKlv145k.j

I am 99.8% sure that this is a furious action (blue health). It looks like it has great vertical range and sub-par horizontal.

Koromaru's definitely looking more like an assist now, which explains how Ken only has two cards.

Can't wait to see the Zio and Agi supers in motion!

Im more convinced mediarama is hi furious action, either way Ken looks really good im liking him a lot

s118_VAT916j3YOydeVn33242cTz4XMKgn924.jp

Looks like some kind of healing move. It doesn't use SP, so a Skill Attack maybe?

Ken looks really good so far though. If that third screenshot is some kind of j.B. it might be even better than Labrys'.

Looks like some kind of healing move. It doesn't use SP, so a Skill Attack maybe?

Article says it's a Skill, "Mediarama" (メディラマ)

The other name announced in the article is the name of the spinning Koromaru attack, Zetsu-Byakurou Battouga (絶・白狼抜刀牙) which translates into something like "Sever - White Wolf's Fang Unleashing"

By Nyarlathotep's tendrils, Ken looks surprisingly scary. Please let that spear attack have only max range like Amane's C-attacks. Good grief. That Mediarama thing is also pretty worrying considering I can already imagine you sending out Koro to attack while you have Ken heal himself. This makes him one of 4 characters that can heal themselves during a match (the others being Yukiko, MINAZUKI and Elizabeth), though I imagine he might have an easier time of it. Though this begs the question of how much his health sits at? Did the Famitsu article mention anything in regards to that?

Considering its named Mediarama Im assuming Strife may be right in saying that the Koro-bar is a health meter. That way if Koro takes damage he can heal both him and himself. 

I was wondering why it was called 'Mediarama', I thought to myself "Doesn't that heal Ally's HP?".

Everything makes sense now (plus you can see Koromaru glowing too).

Edited by Pssych

Since Ken and Koromaru have been announced I went back and watched the persona stalker videos, I happened to find an interesting image. Just after mentioning P4U2 a silhouette appears on screen with 4 personae on, Izanagi, Jiraiya, then less noticeably Cerberus and... Orpheus. I don't speak Japanese so I can't tell 100% that it is indeed for Ultimax. BUT given the odd coupling of personae, realistically after the announcement of Ken and Koro, all 3 personae are in game except Orpheus. Theo was announced with Ken and Koro as in game. Therefore given he is the only character besides Aigis and Liz with the disposition to summon Orpheus (other than P3MC) it's a good indication he is playable. So if anyone can speak Japanese the video may not discuss the image but could be a good jumping point for discussion. I personally think there are 4 routes of Orpheus being used in game, Theo helping Liz (or option 2 canonizing FeMC and doing the same as Liz), P3MC playable character/ appearance or a story sequence uses it via, Aigis/Liz/Theo/Yu (or even an antagonist).

Posted image, but for some reason won't let me paste any text (sorry first post) anywhere so can't link the vid, sorry! Again this 100% speculation but that image was a weird grouping in, which most likely is not coincidence, would just like some thoughts on it! :D

post-36886-0-51991100-1400932537_thumb.j

Since Ken and Koromaru have been announced I went back and watched the persona stalker videos, I happened to find an interesting image. Just after mentioning P4U2 a silhouette appears on screen with 4 personae on, Izanagi, Jiraiya, then less noticeably Cerberus and... Orpheus. I don't speak Japanese so I can't tell 100% that it is indeed for Ultimax. BUT given the odd coupling of personae, realistically after the announcement of Ken and Koro, all 3 personae are in game except Orpheus. Theo was announced with Ken and Koro as in game. Therefore given he is the only character besides Aigis and Liz with the disposition to summon Orpheus (other than P3MC) it's a good indication he is playable. So if anyone can speak Japanese the video may not discuss the image but could be a good jumping point for discussion. I personally think there are 4 routes of Orpheus being used in game, Theo helping Liz (or option 2 canonizing FeMC and doing the same as Liz), P3MC playable character/ appearance or a story sequence uses it via, Aigis/Liz/Theo/Yu (or even an antagonist).

Posted image, but for some reason won't let me paste any text (sorry first post) anywhere so can't link the vid, sorry! Again this 100% speculation but that image was a weird grouping in, which most likely is not coincidence, would just like some thoughts on it! :D

Yep, that's Orpheus, let's hope that image is for P4U2.

It probably isn't about P4U2. This is just a shenanigan PSC does where they try to imitate a Persona pose.

It probably isn't about P4U2. This is just a shenanigan PSC does where they try to imitate a Persona pose.

Yeah probably, but still It's a weird selection of personae especially given that Cerberus has been confirmed in game. I'd like Theo or P3MC to be playable, so if it is a teaser cool, but if not the roster is pretty extensive anyway! 

Oh, does anyone know what happens if one of Ken or Koromaru gets Ko'd? I guess if kens out it's a loss and if Koromaru goes it's just a man down?