Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

So for Rise's Platinum color she also has a Trinity color for her Persona. Interesting.

Any more coming up for the other characters Kurushii?

-the feels when i only know one color palette for Rise and that's the Platinum colour.

wonder if Ken will have a Scooby and Shaggy colour palette? 

Any more coming up for the other characters Kurushii?

Sadly no. They only went through all of Rise's, then a few of Yukari and Sho. They were pretty tight lipped about Ken.

Its nice to see the english version, hopefully someone at is good and can show us some ken. Also for some reason they kept the volume really low while Rise was playing, I couldn't make much outta her theme.

Platinum Disc

On one hand, this explains Rise's Platinum palette. On the other hand, the first thing that came to my mind was Platinum Disco.

late thoughts on yesterday's stream

- Koromaru's bar really is health meter. Luckily, it looks like it's possible to combo both Ken and Koromaru at the same time, at least a bit, which allows for taking  off good chunks of meter at a time. Still concerned that this leaves the possibility for people to make infinite blockstrings but I'll be optimistic for now.
- Ken's uppercut that launches him into the air has mad corner carry.
- Rise's music notes stay on the screen a long time but it's unclear if she has anything to pop them from a distance. Maybe persona normals? Still, this could lead to some interesting oki setups at least. Wonder if it does a decent amount of chip
- Rise has a tiny projectile that she can fire, which I'm guessing is Arrow Rain? Only really saw it once so hard to say anything about it currently. Might compliment the green laser persona attack well
- Guessing Risette field is the Ouroboros super we saw in the scans. Glad it's not an awakening super because this might prove to be a vital super for her overall gameplan.
- Risette: Live On Stage awakening super is unblockable grab and did about 3.3-3.9k when they came close to getting a perfect score on the rhythm game. Seems like it can be DPed on reaction to the super flash though (First Brutal Impact, now this. You just can't let me have anything nice, can you ASW!!!)

Starting to form a gameplan for Rise in my head. Still, I would've liked a detailed breakdown for her. Oh well, we'll just have to see what we can dig up at Evo.

Three random spots on the character select screen. One of them is definitely getting filled with Adachi.

Also, kinda interesting how SB Hysterical Slap is invincible, but leaves Rise berserk afterwards.

Three random spots on the character select screen. One of them is definitely getting filled with Adachi.

Also, kinda interesting how SB Hysterical Slap is invincible, but leaves Rise berserk afterwards.

It seems to run out pretty fast after the super so it looks more like a "don't do this super if you're not going to hit with it" thing.

Ken + Koromaru look insane at first glance (at least to me).  Enormous pokes, seem to be able to attack simultaneously, Koro's bar is HP instead of a use bar (and it regenerates fairly quickly when he gets KO'd!).  Hopefully there's some detail we can't perceive here that won't leave these two occupying the S++ tier Yu left vacant after the patch.

Checked the stream now, and man, Ken has everything I love about stick-wielding characters. He can poke and pull the enemy in like Faust (except that he can even do it on block), he can pole-vault like Billy Kane, and he can even Leap like a damn Final Fantasy dragoon - and that's even before you take Koromaru into account! Rise's gimmicks and Puppet Show super are interesting, but I just have to pick up Ken now, even though I'm not used to playing shadow/puppet characters.

Yeah it's kinda scary how good Ken actually is. Only fault I found with him from what was shown is that his FA is incredibly punishable if you anticipate or even block it (on the stream, when the Rise blocked his initial FA hit, he was up in the air for a while before landing into free damage). If I could look past the aesthetic of his Persona and his near uselessness to me in P3, I'd play him myself.

By the way, did anyone happen to see the character select screen? It has the 2 Random selects on the sides but, what about the center?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it. Turns out there's a 3rd Random select under Yu Narukami. So best case scenario for me would be that Adachi occupies one Random on left/right and we get another potential character on the other one. Worst case: Adachi occupies the one in the dead center under Yu and we have 2 Random selects on either side.

EDIT 2: I'm surprised nobody pointed this out already but Rise and Ken's titles are "The Scandalous Superstar Idol" and "The Pretentious Tenderfoot Duo" in the localized version.

Well, my assumption with Ken is that his weaknesses are similar to Mitsuru's. His attack range is very horizontal so quick air to ground attack could catch him off guard and normals are on the slower side. And the whole "I can low-profile almost everything he does" thing comes in. I see Yu's sliding car giving Ken some trouble and probably Mitsuru's sweep. It depends though, I haven't seen enough of him I suppose, but he does look like a really good character. Seeing his gameplay made me more interested in playing him though.

Who knows, maybe Koro covers some of these weaknesses. It'll be interesting to see what happens when an expert gets their hands on him. He could become the Kokonoe of P4AU.

Ken looks like he came straight out of UniB with those xbox huge normals, but it looks like he has a lot of recovery on his normals. Whiffing his DP keeps him the air for an eternity and open for a free combo too.

Anyway, look's like Koromaru operates similar to Nirvana except he can be hit anytime, even when Ken is blocking. Pretty neat that the Koro super can be used midair too.

Koro seems to only be usable during certain frames as well, sort of like a Marvel assist? I kept seeing the Ken doing the poke-and-pull special which appears to have a ton of stun and recovery, but no Koromaru followup. That seems like it would have been the most obvious place to do a Koromaru assist, if it was doable I think someone would have tried it at least once.

The recovery on Koro followups seems pretty long too so it remains to be seen whether he can really do Relius-esque blockstrings if the opponent doesn't respect them.

AchedSphinx pretty much covered most of what I wanted to say about Ken's possible cons. The most important con he covered probably being that the hitbox on his moves might have great reach but might leave much to be desired in space covered. For instance, his DP already looks like it could have dead zone issues. Another thing to worry about is how well these moves will fair in pressure. Some of these moves might be great for poking around in neutral at the right ranges but be terrible on block up close. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure someone will mess around with him extensively at Evo. Maybe me if I'm not too busy messing around with Labby-chan, Chie and Rise?

Koro seems to only be usable during certain frames as well, sort of like a Marvel assist? I kept seeing the Ken doing the poke-and-pull special which appears to have a ton of stun and recovery, but no Koromaru followup. That seems like it would have been the most obvious place to do a Koromaru assist, if it was doable I think someone would have tried it at least once.

My memory is hazy but I'm pretty sure Ken was actually an AI set to max setting. I wouldn't read too much about what you can and can't do with Koro from that

My memory is hazy but I'm pretty sure Ken was actually an AI set to max setting. I wouldn't read too much about what you can and can't do with Koro from that

Ken was AI on hardest difficulty. I guess theoretically, Koro still could be usable or unusable. 

During the Ultrachen stream when they were answering questions, Yu said they haven't started on the EU build yet and that they don't have a partner for it yet either.

During the Ultrachen stream when they were answering questions, Yu said they haven't started on the EU build yet and that they don't have a partner for it yet either.

This looks bad, I hope they find one soon. I mean, they MUST find one after what happened with P4U.

I saw a location like this in that IGN video where Yu fought Sho (it was a cutscene yeah but still)

This looks bad, I hope they find one soon. I mean, they MUST find one after what happened with P4U.

Yes, it does sound worrying at this point. Might have to import. Do we have any E3 gameplay footage yet?