Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

An ominous door with a Full Moon looming over in the distance? This does not bode well but it looks awesome. Thanks for the link Flux.

SPOILER POST!I guess

Large fancy door, full moon. Remind you of any game?

Kingdom Hearts?

I don't think we should write off P3 Protag too soon...

I honestly dont know how I feel about this. Kind of disappointed there isnt a special edition preorder like they did with PQ where you get a ton of stuff rather then a bopbag and the cards. 

I'm actually kinda glad for this. The last ASW limited/special edition (BBCP) was not worth the amount I spent on it (OST CD that doesn't read the files it is supposed to *facepalm*), so any reason they can give me to just shoot for the standard edition and save my hard-earned cash the better.

I honestly dont know how I feel about this. Kind of disappointed there isnt a special edition preorder like they did with PQ where you get a ton of stuff rather then a bopbag and the cards. 

There might be.

Just leaving this quote here with Rise info from the Siliconera Hands-On article.

Her Persona has a slow firing missile projectile that "scans" an enemy. I wasn’t sure how this effected the other player, but the scan mark stayed on him. She also has a Sonic Boom like projectile that spins an opponent closer to her and a shield move. The shield, probably because other players didn’t expect it, was extremely effective. If you use this move before an enemy hits Rise, the attacker will get electrocuted. Rise has a wacky super move where she slaps the other player silly before beating them down with a microphone stand.

The shield they were talking about is probably her DP. I'm curious to what Tetrakarn, Makarakarn and the Scan projectile can do.

The shield they were talking about is probably her DP. I'm curious to what Tetrakarn, Makarakarn and the Scan projectile can do.

In the games, Tetrakarn and Makakarn were barrier skills that reflect physical and magical attacks once respectively. There are exceptions though. Makakarn cannot reflect status ailment spells and the Megido (or any almighty spell) series, while Tetrakarn cannot reflect a physical attack that has an almighty attribute. Translating this to fighting games, I imagine this means that Tetrakarn reflects any attack not a projectile or grab for (barring 50SP skills anyway), while Makakarn works on projectiles only. Of course, that's mostly speculation on my part and nothing concrete. It'd certainly be nice of either ATLUS or ASW to go in-depth how she works. I'd certainly like to know if you can have both on at once like in the games.

I have no clue about the Scan though. Scanning was used in P3/P4 to get inside info on the weaknesses/strengths of the Shadows so you could make the appropriate set-up, but I dunno how this could work in the game.

Pretty sure Rise has a non-DP barrier that gives her a special gauge at the bottom of the screen: you could see it in that recent stream.

Well while I was watching the Ultrachen archive at about 19:20 Rise puts up a shield which I'm assuming is Tetrakarn and Ken pokes at it and then the shield pushes him back, kind of like a push block.

In the games, Tetrakarn and Makakarn were barrier skills that reflect physical and magical attacks once respectively. There are exceptions though. Makakarn cannot reflect status ailment spells and the Megido (or any almighty spell) series, while Tetrakarn cannot reflect a physical attack that has an almighty attribute. Translating this to fighting games, I imagine this means that Tetrakarn reflects any attack not a projectile or grab for (barring 50SP skills anyway), while Makakarn works on projectiles only. Of course, that's mostly speculation on my part and nothing concrete. It'd certainly be nice of either ATLUS or ASW to go in-depth how she works. I'd certainly like to know if you can have both on at once like in the games.

I have no clue about the Scan though. Scanning was used in P3/P4 to get inside info on the weaknesses/strengths of the Shadows so you could make the appropriate set-up, but I dunno how this could work in the game.

I think she has two different scans?

One inflicted Negative edge and the other one I'm not sure.

I think she has two different scans?

One inflicted Negative edge and the other one I'm not sure.

I think you mean Negative Penalty. Can you show me where this happens? I don't remember it

I think you mean Negative Penalty. Can you show me where this happens? I don't remember it

Derp, I'm blind.

I went back and looked at it, a few seconds after Rise hit Ken with her Scan ability, she got Negative Penalty not ken. :psyduck:

Derp, I'm blind.

I went back and looked at it, a few seconds after Rise hit Ken with her Scan ability, she got Negative Penalty not ken. :psyduck:

This is what I thought happened. No worries.

Best trailer of the lot so far. Why is it that the villains always seem to get the best presentations? Or soundtracks?

Episode Adachi summary is also added to the story page.

*Patiently waits for translations*. Curious that they'd reveal the summary of it so quickly considering it's DLC and supposedly something which they ran out of time to put on the disc, but oh well, still happy anyway.

Best trailer of the lot so far. Why is it that the villains always seem to get the best presentations? Or soundtracks?

Because villains are the best characters!

So is the general consensus that Shadow characters are still worse than their non-shadow counterparts even with the buffs they got?

So is the general consensus that Shadow characters are still worse than their non-shadow counterparts even with the buffs they got?

I dunno. I don't think I've seen any Shadow characters in recent videos beyond a couple of Shadow Yus. I wouldn't be surprised if they were soft banned over in Japan.

Tier List

I knew that Liz was getting slightly better, but I'm honestly surprised to see her assessed up in B tier.  What puts her definitively above Labrys?  What's the source of this list?