Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

You say that, but I would love to don the title "Unconquerable Snow Black" anytime.

I honestly thought that was suppose to reference the "Amagi Challenge" in which you turn down every guy. Yeah.

I thought all the titles were suppose to describe their shadows or something. I don't know anymore.

I saw the E3 footage of Yukari, instantly happy when I heard Junpei. :)

I honestly thought that was suppose to reference the "Amagi Challenge" in which you turn down every guy. Yeah.

I thought all the titles were suppose to describe their shadows or something. I don't know anymore.

AGREED

Now we just need some Rise gameplay and im happy.

Rise got a healthy chunk of gameplay during the ultrachen stream. I would love to see Adachi move though, his playstyle doesn't make much sense when read from the main site lol.

Looks like some Adachi news in the horizon http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=137

Potentially. On one hand, it would be weird to have an Adachi focused episode and not have some footage from his appearance in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. On the other hand, they state that this is an episode mostly to celebrate the arrival of Persona Q and they don't tease any special P4AU footage like they did the last time with Rise.

Lizzie, Labrys, Shadow Labrys, Sho, and MINAZUKI all have titles that don't sound insulting or demeaning.

Note that three of these are the antagonists running the tournament; of course they wouldn't give themselves insulting names.  Labrys' could seem demeaning in P4A when she wants to forget about being a robot (STEEL council president).  Not sure about Elizabeth, since she's not an antagonist and she does have a flaw that can be picked on (her unfamiliarity with the human world).  My guess is that the villains knew absolutely nothing about her beyond her immense power (while Sho MINAZUKI probably did some research on the others) and that she looks like an elevator attendant.  That or Atlus just felt like giving her a cool title.

That said, I guess Yukari has improved enough as a person that wearing a garish pink outfit is the most of her worries?

Not sure about Elizabeth, since she's not an antagonist and she does have a flaw that can be picked on (her unfamiliarity with the human world). 

Liz was never in the tournament officially. She just showed up when she noticed the large gathering of Persona users. If I recall correctly, I think she gave herself her title or something.

Jesus Christ this character just radiates awesome. Sho? Malevolent Entity? Who the fuck are they. We have MINAZUKI, bitches.

Is their any way that someone can reupload UltraChentv's p4u2 live stream to youtube? Cause I'm using my iPad and can't really download anything really.

Also I missed it :(

It's finally up on YouTube. In case anyone missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTwf4YRiHEk&list=PL45-KVgrSkf4JUYZ_G8TeNLLGkXkHNm1O

More from Gametrailers, featuring a S. Junpei and Elizabeth duking it out in the new stage. It looks positively fantastic http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/f4d8t0/persona-4-arena-ultimax-e3-2014--junpei-vs-elizabeth-gameplay--cam-. Only sad thing is that there is no sound but meh, footage is footage.

I got hype for Shadow Vic Mignona but... no sound. :(

Watching the Ken AI again and im still trying decide if I like his playstyle. Im really hoping that Ken for the most part can fend for himself/do damaging combos without relying on Koro too much. I highly doubt it but I can dream. He seems good for midrange pressure and I really dig that. The more I watch Rise the less im starting to like her however. It seems like all her persona moves aside the Fisc take quite awhile to actually come out and only work well as oki pressure.

So with that footage is it possible to get a rough estimate of Rise's health? I want to know if she's sitting on the glass end of character health.

Didn't look too deep into it, but she probably is, she enters awakening after having lost 5000-5500 HP (should watch all the matches to see if there is one in which she just touches the awakening threshold.So,  that would give her a total of 8000-8500HP.

Didn't look too deep into it, but she probably is, she enters awakening after having lost 5000-5500 HP (should watch all the matches to see if there is one in which she just touches the awakening threshold.So, that would give her a total of 8000-8500HP.

That's actually closer to tank end of the spectrum.

Didn't look too deep into it, but she probably is, she enters awakening after having lost 5000-5500 HP (should watch all the matches to see if there is one in which she just touches the awakening threshold.So,  that would give her a total of 8000-8500HP.

Hmm, Seems legit... I guess?

Watching the Ken AI again and im still trying decide if I like his playstyle. Im really hoping that Ken for the most part can fend for himself/do damaging combos without relying on Koro too much. I highly doubt it but I can dream. He seems good for midrange pressure and I really dig that. The more I watch Rise the less im starting to like her however. It seems like all her persona moves aside the Fisc take quite awhile to actually come out and only work well as oki pressure.

It might not be too bad, he seems to have a decent B+D at least. But so far nothing looks like it would be a safe super cancel on block (maybe you can make one safe with Koromaru). Also he only has 2 persona cards but his B+D appears to not need it. That cinematic super seems to rely on Koromaru being active.

2B (assuming it's what I think) looks good for anti-airing. He seems to have lots of long normals to keep em out until Koromaru wakes up. but some look horrible on whiff as you'd expect (especially noticed what I think is 5A has very long recovery)

that being said Koromaru meter refills surprisingly fast, if that doesn't change you won't have to deal without him for long.