Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Not to add to the Hype Train but

Adachi, even from the little scrap from the trailer, looks fun! Goodbye Kanji, I knew thee well.

Although I am wondering how strong he'll be. He's a DLC

I don't think Arcsys has a nice track record with making balanced DLCs >x>;

1:04 is a lunging kick thing like Naoto's special, causes fatal counter where it wall bounces/sticks, cuts away too fast to tell.

It's a bounce. I could make out Yukari falling off the wall a split second before it cuts away.

1:06 is his version of Ziodyne.  It might be air unblockable as you see what appears to be a reset where he uses it to end his AOA air combo, causing his opponent to tech and get hit by it.  Or maybe they just don't block it.  That would be dumb.  

It's not air unblockable. If it was, the yellow exclamation point would have appeared. Either that, or the opponent forgot to block.

1:07 is some kind of move where MI falls down like the second half of Cross Slash.  The fast startup makes me think it's his 2D but I'm not sure about that.  Hitstun is long enough for Adachi to follow up.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's like Junpei's Deathbound. Seems to have a lot of recovery, though.

1:08 could be either his 5B or the "regular" version of 1:04.  It puts him in an air state.

I think that's his 2B. Would work well as an anti-air, at the least.

1:09 is probably an air special.  I don't think it's j.5C cause you can see MI drag Yukiko away.

Could be a j.D. Liz's j.D is also an air throw.

1:11 is his IK obviously.  Seems to function like Jedah's ES move from Vampire Savior.  

lolnope.  First, you see his IK practically in its entirety before the announcer callout. Second, IKs require 100 SP (except for Liz and Naoto's IK supers, but those are really specific) and that super only uses 50. Might be an Awakening super. Also, which Jedah EX move? He's got two. Wait, I kinda see what you mean. That bit at 1:13's a part of the IK that wasn't put in front of the callout with the rest of the animation. At 1:11, though? Definitely not his IK. Probably an Awakening super.

Oh wow you're right, I didn't pay attention to the meter, but that 1:11 has different startup entirely from the IK shown, it just cuts to his IK portrait for some reason.  

1:14 seems to be a tracking super with lengthy startup.

This is most likely Vorpal Blade. It's also shown to CH Yu doing Zio. Anyone else think it's a fullscreen super like Aki's Maziodyne? Makes sense 'cause in P4 Adachi's VB hits the entire party.

Anyone else think it's a fullscreen super like Aki's Maziodyne?

It looks more like a super that will track the opponent. I don't think it goes full screen.

It's way too early to call I know, but Adachi looks really boring in this trailer.  I never seen a promotional trailer where the character drops combos before.  

I'm sitting out of the Adachi hype until more footage is coming out. I love the tools he has, but nothing truly amazes me as well in that trailer.

Subbed version was quite amusing.

Edited by Sojoro

Man, Adachi looks basic af. Anti-hype train, toot toot.

I'm glad you can make that judgement with 30-40 seconds of spliced gameplay.

Edited by Pssych

It's way too early to call I know, but Adachi looks really boring in this trailer.  I never seen a promotional trailer waywhere the character drops combos before.  

Really? Damn.

Anyway, it's just a trailer. I still want to see what Rise and Kenomaru can do as well competitively.

I wanna see a trailer were the character shown is doing optimal combos, after reading all these posts lol. Idk, but its true, adachi doesnt really seem to have a complex set of moves

Trailers by their very nature are meant to generate excitement and anticipation from the viewers. This is true for pretty much any trailer, be it film, game or music-related. The focus is much more on the visual appeal than what is considered "optimal". To that end, trailers are edited to showcase all the fun shit you can do with a character, when in reality, that's probably not how we're going to end up playing the character. Take for instance that move of Adachi's where he makes a black-flame spiral. How much you wanna bet the move is actually very situational and otherwise not all that good gameplay-wise? But does it look impressive? Very much so.

Huh. Just noticed something interesting about Adachi's trailer at about 1 minute in: he doesn't have a Persona at all when he hits Yu with that auto combo. It also seems to be a one round match. Story battle, maybe?

Huh. Just noticed something interesting about Adachi's trailer at about 1 minute in: he doesn't have a Persona at all

Look at the Persona card meter. Persona Break

Look at the Persona card meter. Persona Break

Nobody else has been shown with Persona Break in their own trailer. It could actually be Persona Break, but now that I think about it, all of the fights in Adachi's trailer are one round, whereas everyone else's trailers have two round fights. That's what makes me think that he's in Persona Break for story purposes like Labrys in P4A.

I'm glad you can make that judgement with 30-40 seconds of spliced gameplay.

I'm ashamed you can't. We saw enough of his normals that making a judgment should be easy mode. While he may be tricky or he might have interesting specials or a fun gimmick, from what we saw he looked extremely basic. I'm not saying he IS basic, I'm saying he LOOKS basic.

Am I not allowed to make judgments on looks when I clearly was able to look at him? Get over yourself.

Nobody else has been shown with Persona Break in their own trailer. It could actually be Persona Break, but now that I think about it, all of the fights in Adachi's trailer are one round, whereas everyone else's trailers have two round fights. That's what makes me think that he's in Persona Break for story purposes like Labrys in P4A.

I think, you're thinking way too hard about this.

I'm ashamed you can't. We saw enough of his normals that making a judgment should be easy mode. While he may be tricky or he might have interesting specials or a fun gimmick, from what we saw he looked extremely basic. I'm not saying he IS basic, I'm saying he LOOKS basic.

Am I not allowed to make judgments on looks when I clearly was able to look at him? Get over yourself.

The video barely shows off anything concerning how he might play like. It's ridiculously early to make any real judgments on his potential playstyle, and the same goes for Rise and Ken, even though we've seen just a bit more of how they play.

The video barely shows off anything concerning how he might play like. It's ridiculously early to make any real judgments on his potential playstyle, and the same goes for Rise and Ken, even though we've seen just a bit more of how they play.

And that's exactly why so many of us found the trailer dull.  You can't tell anything about him from it.  As a promotional trailer it has failed to show him off as a character.

And that's exactly why so many of us found the trailer dull.  You can't tell anything about him from it.  As a promotional trailer it has failed to show him off as a character.

None of the trailers thus far have had the goal of showing off high level play of their respective characters.

Luminous pretty much finished this discussion a few posts back, let's move along.

None of the trailers thus far have had the goal of showing off high level play of their respective characters.

It's not even that. His normals look lackluster, his design is very basic, and overall his personality and physical appearance seems like a direct rip of Hazama. Even his normals are reminiscent of it. I don't care about his top level gameplay, he just isn't doing anything for me even in that basic trailer. At least Rise and Kenomaru with their limited footage has things to be hype about. What do we have for Adachi? "Oh, that throw animation is so cool ::chinkface::"