Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Adachi is his own man. P4 came out before BB.

Anyway, can't wait till release so we can get substantial footage of all these characters

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that we haven't got anything worthwhile on this weeks Famitsu. Shame, I wanted them to reveal Theodore and tease him for a month before releasing his trailer. Oh well. 

http://www.play-asia.com/persona-4-arena-ultimax-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jyz.html

"Works on all systems sold worldwide."

Please gods let this be true ;___;

The price difference between the JP and NA versions is nowhere as big this time around, and the releases are a bit farther apart. I have my hopes up.

As for Adachi, the most I got out of the trailer was that he has 3 Persona cards. I hope we'll see some more gameplay soon

I really like how off the wall Adachi's normals seem, kinda like he is no good at fighting. I think the presentation really fits with his character in Persona 4. With only a few months to go, I am pretty ready. Hopefully we will see some in depth character play for Rise, Kenmaru, and Adachi when the game releases on console in Japan.

Adachi character design looks fine for all intent and purposes. Persona 3/4/Arena character designs (modern day Japan type apparel for the most part) in general isn't nearly as flamboyant/metal/exotic as GG/BB character designs (more Fantasy based apparel) so him dressed like a normal plainclothes detective fits him and the whole game universe atmosphere well.

Adachi existed before Hazama/Terumi so no idea why people calling him a poor copy and Hazama was hardly the pioneer for that particular character troupe anyway. My initial impression for Hazama was "Oh a Green Hair Gin Ichimaru"which not so coincidentally his english voice since Extend does both of them .The point is Adachi is supposed to LOOK plain and ordinary, but in reality he is anything but that if you know more about him.  

The promo trailers main purpose is NOT to display optimized gameplay or even tell you directly what their play-styles is within a 20-30 second clip montage. They are meant to make the general audience go "wow" and "cool" simply from seeing x character finally in action doing flashy stuff so no surprise we keep seeing the IK being highlighted in these trailers because guess what they are flashy, but they don't do jack about analyzing the character play-style/self worth. They are just teasers that tease you x character's playstyle, story, and whatever to tempt the masses to purchase the game.

If I judged the anime 'Puella Magi Madoka Magica' based on this happy toned promo trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTHwEZK2JA&feature=kp that is roughly 2 min long did you think that it told me anything substantial to make an accurate judgement call on what the anime is actually about? Of course not and if I did make a reckless description based on what the trailer showed me I would be completely wrong. Making hypothetical guesses are fine for the amount of footage displayed, but considering that enough to formulate a solid analysis like "This character is boring.." or "This character is definitely top tier!" is beyond silly. 

It's naive to think fans of P4A necessarily played the original RPG Persona 4, so I get some of the "who's this guy in the suit? Oh he's a lamer Hazama" comments. But for story reasons he's supposed to look unassuming.  Surprised we didn't see any pistol whipping or a TV summoning like Teddie's. I expect some nasty surprises.

I still think one more character is coming, and maybe some sort of big final boss battle like BBCP. Ame-no-Sagiri!!!

Ignorance isn't a valid excuse when pretending to not be ignorant by coming up with half-assed conclusions as an attempt to appear knowledgeable. I would have thought initially that his throw would involve pistol whipping as he jeered you, but his trip throw while mocking you isn't a bad replacement. Don't remember Adachi having the ability to spontaneously summon television portals like how Teddie can, but his IK is similar with how S.Lab's was handled I.E get transported into a different dimension where the Persona finishes you off. Speaking about new characters, have a feeling Marie (Persona would be Kaguya) might be a surprise dlc character reveal since the P4G anime is around the corner.

If I judged the anime 'Puella Magi Madoka Magica' based on this happy toned promo trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTHwEZK2JA&feature=kp that is roughly 2 min long did you think that it told me anything substantial to make an accurate judgement call on what the anime is actually about? Of course not and if I did make a reckless description based on what the trailer showed me I would be completely wrong. Making hypothetical guesses are fine for the amount of footage displayed, but considering that enough to formulate a solid analysis like "This character is boring.." or "This character is definitely top tier!" is beyond silly.

Madoka trailers were done that way specifically to mislead everyone into believing it to be just another mahou shoujo anime - hell, they tried hiding Gen's involvement in the project, and even after the cat got out of the bag, people had their doubts about the incoming darkness for about two episodes and a half.

Now, let's see what's the purpose behind these P4U trailers. Is it to hype up the new characters? But then why would they spend time and effort on the old ones? Is it to show everyone's playstyles, say, for those who didn't play the old version? But we don't see enough gameplay to say anything concrete. That's my main problem with this whole deal - they could spend time and effort more rationally, make four to five bigger trailers while also giving us a better glimpse at the newcomers, like most other fighting games do. It's natural for people to want to learn something new from the trailers - that's their usual purpose. And thus, it's natural for them to feel disappointed when the trailer turns out to be a waste of time.

Adachi character design looks fine for all intent and purposes. Persona 3/4/Arena character designs (modern day Japan type apparel for the most part) in general isn't nearly as flamboyant/metal/exotic as GG/BB character designs (more Fantasy based apparel) so him dressed like a normal plainclothes detective fits him and the whole game universe atmosphere well.

Adachi existed before Hazama/Terumi so no idea why people calling him a poor copy and Hazama was hardly the pioneer for that particular character troupe anyway. My initial impression for Hazama was "Oh a Green Hair Gin Ichimaru"which not so coincidentally his english voice since Extend does both of them .The point is Adachi is supposed to LOOK plain and ordinary, but in reality he is anything but that if you know more about him.  

The promo trailers main purpose is NOT to display optimized gameplay or even tell you directly what their play-styles is within a 20-30 second clip montage. They are meant to make the general audience go "wow" and "cool" simply from seeing x character finally in action doing flashy stuff so no surprise we keep seeing the IK being highlighted in these trailers because guess what they are flashy, but they don't do jack about analyzing the character play-style/self worth. They are just teasers that tease you x character's playstyle, story, and whatever to tempt the masses to purchase the game.

Oh I've played Persona 4 multiple times. Adachi's personality wasn't like Hazama's really. And even so, Adachi was more a clumsy oaf than he was like Hazama. That being said, why is his personality reminiscent of Hazama? I understand the outfit because that's what he wore, but what I'm disappointed in is that even his NORMALS look like Hazama's from what we've seen. I would have expected something more like Shannon from Ougon in regards to his normals based on his ACTUAL character from Persona.

Again, I don't think anyone has said "This character is boring" or "This character is definitely top tier" so stop putting words in others' mouths. I said he LOOKS boring and he LOOKS basic. This is completely my opinion and mine alone. It may have hyped you guys up because "OMG ADACHI *fan girl scream*" but for those of us who didn't like Adachi or those people who may not have played P4, he is extremely lacklaster in this trailer and it doesn't look like he adds anything new to the game.

Shannon was clumsy cute and ordinary.

Adachi is twisted and ordinary.

Having Adachi making surprised noises and 'accidentally' hitting people wouldn't fit his personality that well.

Adachi character design looks fine for all intent and purposes. Persona 3/4/Arena character designs (modern day Japan type apparel for the most part) in general isn't nearly as flamboyant/metal/exotic as GG/BB character designs (more Fantasy based apparel) so him dressed like a normal plainclothes detective fits him and the whole game universe atmosphere well.

If I judged the anime 'Puella Magi Madoka Magica' based on this happy toned promo trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTHwEZK2JA&feature=kp that is roughly 2 min long did you think that it told me anything substantial to make an accurate judgement call on what the anime is actually about? Of course not and if I did make a reckless description based on what the trailer showed me I would be completely wrong. Making hypothetical guesses are fine for the amount of footage displayed, but considering that enough to formulate a solid analysis like "This character is boring.." or "This character is definitely top tier!" is beyond silly.

Man, it's never this serious lol.

AtlusUSA has a twitch stream starting at 2 PST. Their tweet said something about red fog.. Possible ultimax?

AtlusUSA has a twitch stream starting at 2 PST. Their tweet said something about red fog.. Possible ultimax?

Ah crud-on-a-barbecue I need to be somewhere during that time. Will it be archived? Or is anyone planning on recording it and uploading it to another video hosting site? Mucho thanks in advance.

Ah crud-on-a-barbecue I need to be somewhere during that time. Will it be archived? Or is anyone planning on recording it and uploading it to another video hosting site? Mucho thanks in advance.

Not sure, Le-dom is on the stream with me as we speak, I don't plan recording since I'm using my iPad to watch it. Maybe he or someone else in the clusterfuck of a stream chat will probably do it. It will be archived most likely.

I see people talking about how it's only gonna be about Teddy left and right. Really hoping they're wrong and that Atlus is not gonna waste an entire streaming session just to show off a single character who's not even a newcomer.

I see people talking about how it's only gonna be about Teddy left and right. Really hoping they're wrong and that Atlus is not gonna waste an entire streaming session just to show off a single character who's not even a newcomer.

Like I said..total clusterfuck of a stream chat. Not that I mind, kinda fun joking about like this. It's almost 4 my time, what time would it be in PST if it was 4? :/ Probably by then it'd be up.