Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Completely new BGM. Many have stated that it sounded like final boss music, as it had a menacing and grandiose aura to it.

You remember which match it was playing?

Vic as Junpei is just great. The menu looks really cool too.

It's gonna be at AX in playable form. They sent the message through an Atlus Faithful email about two hours ago. They're also going to be selling merchandise like wall scrolls and t-shirts and holding a Teddie mascot picture sweepstakes for a Soejima-signed Persona Q 3DS LL.

Also, it appears that Atlus USA's P4AU site has updated to match the aesthetic of the Japanese site. Isn't fully updated, though: No Mode tab, only has trailers and Twitter icons on the Special tab, only the P4 story is available on the Story tab, and the only chracters in the character tab are Narukami, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Rise (hilariously misspelled as Lise on the tab page, but not on her character page), Yukari, Junpei, and Aigis.

Atlus USA's P4AU page would lead me to believe they're also going to do character trailers.

I can only hope the character trailers will show off the move list for each character like vanilla P4A's trailers.

I can only hope the character trailers will show off the move list for each character like vanilla P4A's trailers.

Eh. Looks like there will be a move list thing built into the website itself.

It's gonna be at AX in playable form. They sent the message through an Atlus Faithful email about two hours ago. They're also going to be selling merchandise like wall scrolls and t-shirts and holding a Teddie mascot picture sweepstakes for a Soejima-signed Persona Q 3DS LL.

Also, it appears that Atlus USA's P4AU site has updated to match the aesthetic of the Japanese site. Isn't fully updated, though: No Mode tab, only has trailers and Twitter icons on the Special tab, only the P4 story is available on the Story tab, and the only chracters in the character tab are Narukami, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Rise (hilariously misspelled as Lise on the tab page, but not on her character page), Yukari, Junpei, and Aigis.

I'm curious to know what you guys think of Teddie after AX (n*gga broken). btw, they'll be people from the QA team at AX to walk you guys through the changes in the game.

I don't want move exhibitions like last time, they were pretty boring. If we really need a demonstration of playstyles, I'd much prefer a match video.

Several characters don't have an outline during their dialogue in their respective trailers, like Ken Amada.

Videos from the stream uploaded yesterday.

Thanks Flux. That Rise footage was neat. That move where she sends out her speaker satellites low to the ground, looks pretty good. It keeps the enemy in hitstun long enough to follow up with a combo from midrange. Maybe even start a blockstring. Can't throw it out carelessly though since it's easy to jump over. However, proper conditioning with the threat of her musical notes and the green heart rate laser her Persona can fire horizontally might help here. Also for her orbital bombardment move, it seems to cover a nice area but there's a noteworthy delay between firing the lasers up into the sky and them coming back down again. Might be neat for oki if we can set it up right. Maybe we might be able to fit it into corner combos too.

Rise's playstyle is definitely starting to shape up nicely in my mind. Now I'm super sad there's a 1 month delay between JP and US release. I wanted to do some Day 1 Rise experiementing ;.;

Sure loving the interface of that menu.

Am I the only one getting the feeling that Rise's dancing special won't be used much outside of casuals? I mean, I think it's cool and it looks like a pretty decent reversal (plus, it's a command grab), but I don't see anyone using it during a tournament since it requires to player to suddenly turn the match into a rhythm game and that most players  might complain that it hinders the flow of the game.

If anyone has ever played in Darkstalkers, was Lilith's similar super treated that way?

Anyway, thank you for sharing that link, Flux!

Am I the only one getting the feeling that Rise's dancing special won't be used much outside of casuals? I mean, I think it's cool and it looks like a pretty decent reversal (plus, it's a command grab), but I don't see anyone using it during a tournament since it requires to player to suddenly turn the match into a rhythm game and that most players  might complain that it hinders the flow of the game.

I don't think it'll see much use in tournaments but not because of the rhythm game. Currently, I think it might overall be better to use that meter on her Ourouboros like super, especially if it has start up invincibility on it. The range on the grab might also leave much to be desired in the end. It also depends on how good her other reversal options are. Need to experiment with her Furious Action and that "No Touching!" special as well. That said, if I see an opportunity to make people watch me play a rhythm game and I think it's a good move to make, I'm going for it! XD

The one issue I'd have with the rhythm game is the question if lag is going to interfere with it. If so, that's going to drop its viability in online play.

The one issue I'd have with the rhythm game is the question if lag is going to interfere with it. If so, that's going to drop its viability in online play.

That definitely would be problematic. It would make the super practically useless unless you're playing on 3-4 bars. Then again, beating an opponent with ''Persona 4 Ultimax Dancing all Night'' in a laggy match would be a good troll victory.

The Rise super has the two !! Of an unblockable. So what about stuff into soul satellite into that super.

Unless it's been confirmed as command grab

Doing the rhythm game online will probably be just like doing a combo with tight timing online. So, I don't really see doing the rhythm game online being too much of an issue since chances are if you're playing in a connection where you can't do the rhythm game, you're probably also not able to do your trickier combos and play at your best to begin with.

The Rise super has the two !! Of an unblockable. So what about stuff into soul satellite into that super.

Unless it's been confirmed as command grab

It was described as a command grab when it was first shown on the UltraChen show but wouldn't hurt to test it when it releases to see which one it is. There might also be special rules in place for it like Air Unblockables, where it won't be unblockable if the opponent is already in blockstun. Day 1 Training mode will reveal all the secrets ^,^