Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I'm looking forward to them outlining the network details in the mode tab on the JP main site. I hope the online play has a few more options this time, not that P4U's was all that bad. Network is often where players who delve deeply into a particular game spend most of their time though, so here is hoping they have some cool additions (like BBCP's online). 

Not sure if thsi right place to talk about this, but Atlus' Japanese site has put some info about P4AU fight stick by Madcatz. No pricing or release date, but it does say you can switch the buttons to work with either the PS3 or PS4.

Heh. It encourages people to use the stock buttons and stick.

Anyway, it sounds like it's gonna be a rebrand of the USFIV PS3/PS4 TE2 that was announced earlier this month. Hope it comes over here with the same functionality.

Do you guys know if there's gonna be any more balance changes for the console version?

Not for the moment, and given that they already released a balance patch, it's probabilities are very low.

Chances are there will be at least one console patch at post release mainly for bug fixes with maybe some balance changes (priority for the console characters).

Maybe it is because no one hasn't listed them, but Adachi seems to have multiple reference palettes. First he has the main character from Devil Summoner and now The Joker.

Adachi DLC confirmed for North/South America. Will be free with first-print copies of the game or, in other words, free for the first week.

New screenshots added to the gallery, including how the final character select screen will look like.

Free for first week? Hell yeah, prepare those servers! :v:

Oh hey, Terumi color confirmed! Title shown as well, "The Egocentric Police Dick".

I guess someone on the localization team didn't like cabbages. I kinda like the localized title though since "dick" is slang for "detective" (a lot of times derogatory). Also hey, whoever called the Terumi palette with Ghost Terumi M.Izanagi deserves a medal.

New screenshots added to the gallery, including how the final character select screen will look like.

So he's taking the Random Slot under Yu. No more potential additions then?

I personally think that Magatsu-Izanagi is mend to be Dark Susanooh. I just feel that is what they were aiming for.

I've barely followed Ultimax at all because the original game left me pretty cold after the "new game smell" wore off. I couldn't get into any characters other than Kanji and I'm completely disinterested in the Persona 3 and 4 RPGs. I heard from a friend that there's a new mode in Ultimax that lets you play without autocombos? If true, that would significantly improve my enjoyment of the game.

Maybe it is because no one hasn't listed them, but Adachi seems to have multiple reference palettes. First he has the main character from Devil Summoner and now The Joker.

I don't think that's The Joker. It looks more like Ripper from XBlaze to me.

He's got terumi, why need ripper when we got the better psychopathic troll?

The Magatsu-Izanagi pallet that goes with Adachi's Terumi pallet is ether a reference to Hazama or the Dark Susanooh.

That second pallet is most certainly The Joker. Besides, I think that characters only get one pallet reference per series, so it wouldn't make sense if he got both Terumi and Ripper.

I don't see what you mean. His skin matches up with Joker's pale skin, and it would be weird to base his hair on those miscolourations on Ripper's hair.

But on gameplay side, this picture shows Adachi having some weird icon over his SP bar. So it might confirm that Adachi is a buffer/debuffer.

I don't see what you mean. His skin matches up with Joker's pale skin, and it would be weird to base his hair on those miscolourations on Ripper's hair.

But on gameplay side, this picture shows Adachi having some weird icon over his SP bar. So it might confirm that Adachi is a buffer/debuffer.

I think the buffing was confirmed in an article a while back, not 100% sure though. That pic also shows him at 4 cards as opposed to the 3 in the trailer.

Is it still possible that the icon represents Heat Riser?

Possibly. It might be placeholder for now, but Magatsu-Izanagi does learn that spell plus Power Charge.

Is it still possible that the icon represents Heat Riser?

We do not know. All we have is that trailer from a while back and that told us (mostly) bugger all about his mechanics. Oh and that little tidbit from a magazine claiming he can buff and debuff somehow.

Pale skin yes. But  if you compare it to Hazama's Joker color, you can spot differences like a green shirt instead of black, and an orange vest in the front which I would assume would compare to Adachi's yellow tie.

Although I'm not too sure about Ripper now either.

A Terumi palette and a Joker palette? Hardest decision to ever make at the select screen for me lol.

So that little icon over his SP gauge in one of the screenshots confirms he uses buffs on himself? What stats did he buff in his boss fight in the rpg?

He had Heat Riser and Power Charge. He's also got Dekaja, an enemy buff canceler, Zio and Garu spells (of the x-dyne and Ma-x-dyne varieties), Mudoon, Ghastly Wail, Foolsh Whisper, a silence inducing move, and the Fear-inducing Evil Smile in addition to the well-known Vorpal Blade and Atom Smasher.

Also, the most recent Atlus Faithful email practically confirmed that that purple Adachi is a Joker reference:

And while we don't like to brag, it's kind of hard not to applaud the design direction for this palette option. (Adachi is of the Jester arcana, in case you forgot...)