Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

That tier list was put together by Souji. Also, I think Pichy might be confused about which Sho has the persona because the one with the persona is the katakana one in A+ tier.

I love Souji but his tier list is super suspect.

Anyways, I've been busy with IRL stuff thanks to Evo coming up and my region sending a lot of players who want prep time. I'm gonna throw out a new rule since this happens every time I'm gone a couple days: limit the colors talk. I get it, they're neat, I like them too. If you're going to talk about colors for a page and a half you need to start talking about more gampleay/release relevant info in your posts.

Wow. Those Shadows get zero respect.

I honestly don't know how they can be so much lower than their counterparts; Narukami buttons are still Narukami buttons, so even with lower damage and no burst, how is S-Narukami 4 tiers below Yu?

The only ones I can understand to really be terrible are characters like S-Kanji, where the new AAA string actually improved the character a lot (since Kanji's AA moves him forward now, while S-Kanji is stuck with the shitty old one).

Yeah, I'm surprised Shadow Naoto isn't on there. She might not have Yu/Chie/Mitsuru damage but removing 12+ Fate Counters off her combos and having access to Raid without going into Awakening?

C tier shadows would be things like Shadow Yukiko, probably.

I actually hardly see any Shadow Aigis, can anyone explain? Lower damage and no Burst hurts but it is still Aigis.

That tier list was put together by Souji. Also, I think Pichy might be confused about which Sho has the persona because the one with the persona is the katakana one in A+ tier.

Cheers. I assumed that Katakana was no-persona and kanji was Persona.

Yeah, I think I am gonna refrain from paying attention to any tier lists until people start playing with the new characters (Rise, Adachi, Ken&Koromaru) in the mix.

- hmmmm, Rise's DP seems to function by the barrier that appears in front of her blocking everything indefinitely and electricity shooting out in front of it to electrocute the opponent after a set period of time...this DP might be as shitty as Labrys' DP. But we'll see. 

Is it really? From the look of it, it seems that if her barrier catches an attack it electrocuted right away. But even if she misses, it still electrocutes after a set period. That seems pretty good to me, though I wager she can take damage if she guesses wrong and the opponent hits her before the electricity comes out.

That seems pretty good to me, though I wager she can take damage if she guesses wrong and the opponent hits her before the electricity comes out.

I know its a really minor thing but every single time I see it hit Im expecting a paralyze like Kanji's DP. With how far the knockback is on it +stun would have been really nice for her projectile setups. I do agree though, it seems like a pretty good DP. Im starting to like Rise more, im really glad they showed her off the other day. 

I honestly don't know how they can be so much lower than their counterparts; Narukami buttons are still Narukami buttons, so even with lower damage and no burst, how is S-Narukami 4 tiers below Yu?

The only ones I can understand to really be terrible are characters like S-Kanji, where the new AAA string actually improved the character a lot (since Kanji's AA moves him forward now, while S-Kanji is stuck with the shitty old one).

Not that I'm taking the tier list seriously since I don't take tier lists seriously in general but it sounds about right to me to be honest. Not being able to burst when playing at the highest level of competitve play is just that bad.

Is it really? From the look of it, it seems that if her barrier catches an attack it electrocuted right away. But even if she misses, it still electrocutes after a set period. That seems pretty good to me, though I wager she can take damage if she guesses wrong and the opponent hits her before the electricity comes out.

This feels long so I'm spoiler tagging it

The barrier doesn't electrocute right away. The best instance of this in the recent footage is when the Teddie did a bearscrew against it. Pretty much all the hits of the bearscrew got blocked before it could electrocute the Teddie. It just seemed like Rise's DP was hitting instantly in other cases because the Rise players weren't actually using it as a reversal. They were usually using it to try and catch run up pokes. By the time their pokes hit the barrier, the barrier had already been up for a bit.

The electricity coming out even if you do nothing doesn't really give you anything really. It's not like they're going to decide to push a button after having that long to see the barrier is up. They're probably going to either dodge the electricity or block the electricity. Either way, it's going to probably end in you getting punished. Also, you can't hit Rise before the electricity comes out (at least from the front) because you'd hit the barrier instead.

The blocking is bad because this allows characters to cancel into other things as if you had blocked it regularly. This allows people to do stuff like OMCing to block the electricity and then punishing the DP. In Sho's case he can cancel into 5D, jD or High Speed Movement to completely dodge the electricity and punish the DP. Minazuki can probably teleport punish it. Teddie can deflate then punish. Depending on when the barrier stops protecting Rise, you could cancel into a DP or reversal super. And the list pretty much goes on.

The speed it comes out is pretty bad too because it makes it easiser to react to the DP and do all the things I just said above. It also makes it possible to do stuff like 5A/2A > recover in time to block the DP and then punish.

Overall, pretty bad DP from what I'm seeing. But we'll see. Some time in training mode might make this DP feel more legit though.

Sheesh that tier list felt all over the place especially the shadow character placements. Just gonna get more chaotic when the new console characters are added.

I actually hardly see any Shadow Aigis, can anyone explain? Lower damage and no Burst hurts but it is still Aigis.

More or less Aigis makes good use of burst thanks to orgia management and being kind of frail. OMB let's her get great damage thanks to mortar loops being a thing. Also S. Aigis doesn't really hurt that much harder. It's more risk for not enough gain.

Sure loving the interface of that menu.

Am I the only one getting the feeling that Rise's dancing special won't be used much outside of casuals? I mean, I think it's cool and it looks like a pretty decent reversal (plus, it's a command grab), but I don't see anyone using it during a tournament since it requires to player to suddenly turn the match into a rhythm game and that most players  might complain that it hinders the flow of the game.

If anyone has ever played in Darkstalkers, was Lilith's similar super treated that way?

Anyway, thank you for sharing that link, Flux!

And since when tournament play has cared if a move is annoying to the opponent?

If is a good tool of the character you can bet your ass that it will get used.

Just curious since were still sorta talking about Rise but is there an estimate on her health? I tried to calculate it and came out to about 8.5K-9K? I actually feel ok if its around that range. She seems like she has some really good rushdown. Didnt she have 5 cards at one point?

So are we getting this or what? I havent been keeping up on the "Premium Newcomer Package" thing. 

There are currently no plans for a limited edition release of the game in North America.