Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

j.2B is a falling butt slam like potemkin j.D/tager j.2C. also includes 2nd hit on landing, looks pretty slow

Would you say the j.2b is a lot like Manaka's falling slam?

I personally think of Shadows more like Street Fighter style characters (carrying meter between rounds, no way to burst out of combos), but with a generalized BBCP Overdrive.

Overdrive is not an entirely accurate way to describe it, I would prefer to say it's more like the Hyperdrive mode in KOF13 or Blood Heat from Melty.

214C/D: creates a shield, C shield auto pushblocks strikes, D shield auto reflects projectiles. shield is on a timer. shield goes away after pushblocking/reflecting or if you get hit or if the timer goes to zero. you still need to block correctly to get the pushblock/reflect.

2B is 2 hits, first hit is low, 2nd hit is anti air with head invul

ouroborous satellite super goes away if rise gets hit

Thanks for these impressions. These 3 pieces of info in particular are very interesting. A shield that pushblocks and a shield that reflects projectiles. Pretty neat. I'm going to have to brainstorm how to best use these but I think they'll definitely be quite useful, especially in some MUs. I'm pretty pleased with Rise's toolset right now.

I'm curious about Rise's oki potential. In the Atlus stream last week, one of the guys did sweep into the disc special and got oki from that. Could be the same deal with the lightning rain move as well, sounds pretty decent. As for the rhythm super, you can probably combo into it from an AoA OMC in the corner like Liz does with Ghastly Wail, I'm guessing.

It's being called a command grab because the Atlus guys introduced it as such. Also worth noting, the unblockable exclamation marks are missing in the Rise trailer when Shadow Rise does it. Shadow Rise specific behavior? Design change since the trailer was made? We'll know what it is for sure how it works for both of them once we mess around with it in training mode.

Somebody from the build tell me if they used it. From all the footage I've seen, it's an unblockable. I've never seen it be a grab, and you can't combo into command grabs unless the opponent is in a specific state. Pretty much everybody corrected the Atlus guy and UC when it was revealed. If you see something that acts like an unblockable, has exclamations of an unblockable, and can be comboed into without putting the opponent in spin state, it's probably not a command grab.

Personally, I don't really see the need to say it's anything really until I test what it's capable of myself. But I think that's mostly because of the way I see things really. I like to describe things in as much detail as possible.

If we're going to refer to something, we're going to refer to it correctly from the information we have. I don't want a bunch of people saying "command grab super" and then later on people who think it's a command grab are disappointed or confused. Misinformation is bad. If it is changed later on down the road, we can say, "well, in previous builds it was an unblockable which was altered later down the line."

Long story short I don't want things being referred to as something they're not.

I agree with you but I also think saying it's an unblockable and saying it got altered later down the line also more or less creates the same problem.

Anyway, no point in discussing details like these. Better to focus on gameplay discussion. I'll be quiet now.

Sounds scary if you can combo into the super from the disc special (and possibly other stuff). Do we know how the super changes if you do the SB version? I don't remember hearing anything about that. Is it just a longer sequence for more damage?

Dunno, I presume that it would have to be harder (not necessarily longer) to perfect, though, because I'm pretty sure someone in the first Atlus stream said that a perfect SB rhythm super does 5900 damage.

Dunno, I presume that it would have to be harder (not necessarily longer) to perfect, though, because I'm pretty sure someone in the first Atlus stream said that a perfect SB rhythm super does 5900 damage.

Makes sense. That damage tho. Dance to a Crisp, anyone?

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my Youtube subs and saw that, didn't even know they streamed again.

Very pleased with Minazuki, although it sounds like Todd Haberkorn didn't do Shotaimu :v

Oh well. Hopefully Dacidbro or someone else tackles Akihiko.

So is part 2 next week, I'm assuming?

No, it's in a few hours.

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my Youtube subs and saw that, didn't even know they streamed again.

They didn't hold another stream; just a regular video they put out.

OKAY BUT SERIOUSLY

ARE WE NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT MINAZUKI AND THAT SECOND SUPER HE DID WHERE HE INTERRUPTED THE OTHER GUY'S BLOCKSTRING AND GOT ALL THAT DAMAGE AND STILL WAS ABLE TO COMBO OFF OF IT?

Dear god...also I will admit, Yosuke's a lot more respectable now with his V-Slash and whatnot, but I'm jealous he gets a free super if his crossup connect while in Sukukaja.