Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Yo now I know why Yu seems to be so scary in this version, I kinda hope we geta video like this on Rise, Ken, and Adachi

Considering he's DLC, I'm pretty sure Adachi isn't coming for a long time, so it's interesting to see how many people are going to continue asking for him like a blind man looking for the lighthouse.

By the way I'm just gonna assume the next part is for next week. Such a worthwhile wait to hear them talk about god-knows-what. May we get more info with the EVO displays.

By the way I'm just gonna assume the next part is for next week. Such a worthwhile wait to hear them talk about god-knows-what. May we get more info with the EVO displays.

Reiterating. Again.

And is there something wrong with people wanting to see more gameplay from a playable character in the game, of which we've seen very little?

More like Dancely Wail. I think Wail is the only feasible move that can beat that damage-wise.

Depends on the situation:

-Normal Wail Damage: 2500. W/2C Boost: 3750.

-Counter-hit Wail Damage: 3000. W/2C Boost: 4500.

-Fear Wail Damage: 4200. W/2C Boost: 6300.

-SB Wail Damage with Fear and 2C Boost: 7800. (*No footage exists with other situations for now*)

**With Negative Penalty state, which Elizabeth can inflict via Randomizer, Fear and 2C Boost, Wail damage can go up to 9500 with [C] version (from P4A). SB might even be an outright kill. Good luck actually landing the move in the timeframe before NP disappears though.

I like the name "Dancely Wail" though. Makes me picture Rise in a Halloween costume making ghostly "OoooooOOOOooooooHHhhhhhhh" sounds.

Probably.

Anyway, the game will be playable at EVO too. Just a reminder. I'll be messing with Minazuki, and if I have time, Sho and S.Akihiko.

Reiterating. Again.

And is there something wrong with people wanting to see more gameplay from a playable character in the game, of which we've seen very little?

"Few hours" my ass. Part 1 of that video has been up for 14 hours and that post has been up around 7. I'm pretty sure if they were going to release part 2 they would do it now, unless they want to break tradition and release it later on tonight which would be a godsend.

On another note, you know you're in a shitty situation when someone from Atlus refers to your main as "Worst Girl."

Gonna do a last minute call for anything in particular people want to ask me about Ken or Aigis. Otherwise, I'm merely going to test what I've written down so far.

Gonna do a last minute call for anything in particular people want to ask me about Ken or Aigis. Otherwise, I'm merely going to test what I've written down so far.

I know you mentioned instant j.B might be able to hit crouchers, I'm curious if that's the case and what possibilities for combos would follow. Maybe you already got that down to test though. Thanks again for the info on Ken and looking forward to more.

On that note is j.B jump cancelable? is j.A? what do j.C and j.D do, same Koroamaru attacks as if you were grounded?

aigis has a command called 222C, and i have no idea what it is. can you see what this actually does compared to regular 2C?

222C is her vanilla 2C from what the mook said. If that's true there's a reason you have never seen it.

I just want to know how double boost/hover cancel works on block. Stuff like [6] j.B > hover/boost cancel, does that exist?

Ugh, for some reason I really don't like Stunedge discussing Yukiko. He made her sound like she had a lot of nerfs in my opinion, but I'll work with what I can get.

It was pretty embarrassing when Stunedge did SB Maragidyne and Namba just rolled RIGHT through it. Seems like that move will only work as an anti-air.

However, contrary to what Stunedge summed up Yukiko as, I still think she has many great tools, menacing pressure, nice anti-airs, and lovely spacing tools. Also, Fire Boost isn't a nerf. The game practically encourages you to use it.

When I get the game I'll have to play with Vermillion Bird and see its true properties; even I admit it doesn't really look so much viable at any distance...

I wonder if that's the command for her secret super. Don't think it's ever been written down.

Everyone's secret super appears on the command list. It's, uh. Not that secret anymore. :P

I know you mentioned instant j.B might be able to hit crouchers, I'm curious if that's the case and what possibilities for combos would follow. Maybe you already got that down to test though. Thanks again for the info on Ken and looking forward to more.

On that note is j.B jump cancelable? is j.A? what do j.C and j.D do, same Koroamaru attacks as if you were grounded?

I'm p. sure j.B is jump cancelable. j.A is for sure though. D will always desummon Koromaru, regardless of whether or not you're in the air. As for j.B being possible to instant overhead, I do want to clear up that I'm not 100% sure it's even possible yet. This is merely me theory fighting from what I did have the chance to try, and what I saw. If it DOES instant overhead, you can probably follow up similar to Mitsuru with j.B OMC j.B. Or, possibly with a Koromaru move.

222C is her vanilla 2C from what the mook said. If that's true there's a reason you have never seen it.

I just want to know how double boost/hover cancel works on block. Stuff like [6] j.B > hover/boost cancel, does that exist?

aigis has a command called 222C, and i have no idea what it is. can you see what this actually does compared to regular 2C?

Will add these to the list of things to check. Admittedly, most of my time is likely going to be with Ken, but since Aigis has been my main for a while, I can probably at least point out any differences I notice, along with these. 

Some quick Kenmaru questions then:

-IK properties would be nice.

-How does Koromaru attack for j.C/j.D/2C/2D?

-Can SB Mediarama heal Koro if he's knocked out? How much health do each versions of Mediarama heal, roughly?

-Does the long chain whip have a dead zone, like Mitsuru's D series?

-Any good reversal options for Ken so far, or is he going to struggle close range?

-Does Shadow Kenmaru have any increased health on Koro? I doubt it, but you never know.

I'd like to see a picture confirming that if possible.

It's all in the mook. They haven't been secret for a while, and only Yu and Aigis have what were previously "secret" supers.