Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Digital is always fastest, get physical if you really want to touch the actual box though. I plan on getting US digital and then EU physical when available.

Alright, cool. Then I'll heavily consider going JPN digital and NA physical myself.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but given the region lock news, what is the fastest way people will be receiving the game through importing? Debating whether physical w/ express shipping or digital would be faster.

Personally, I ordered the JP physical w/fastest shipping so I'll literally get it barely a week after its released, not that bad.

My ps3's hard drive is running too low on space to download another entire game x-x; 

Personally, I ordered the JP physical w/fastest shipping so I'll literally get it barely a week after its released, not that bad.

My ps3's hard drive is running too low on space to download another entire game x-x; 

You might get it sooner, depending on where you ordered. I know I've gotten import games day of when dealing with Play-Asia and Amazon Japan (I think I even got P4A a day early 2 years ago), but I have to deal with import fees with Play-Asia and Amazon Japan isn't shipping P4AU internationally.

https://twitter.com/HyperMarth/status/487419273468731393

According to Play Asia the JPN version is not region locked, it was listed as not having one and I emailed the customer support to confirm it.

Maybe Atlus USA just doesn't get jack shit for information on that front... they aren't dealing with the JPN version after all.

Maybe Atlus USA just doesn't get jack shit for information on that front... they aren't dealing with the JPN version after all.

According to Atlus USA's Nich Maragos, that would be the case. It was likely that the JPN version would not be region locked if the NA version was not, but it's nice to see a confirmation of it.

News about region lock already on the official website.

"Irvine, Calif. – July 10th, 2014 – Persona®4 Arena Ultimax, the upcoming fighting game from ATLUS will not be region locked for the Americas and will be available this fall for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®; pre-orders and all first-run editions will include a collectible Teddie bop bag and Set #1 of the iconic Persona Tarot cards. (Set #2 will be included with Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth.) This follows the recent announcement that playable DLC character Tohru Adachi will be offered for free the first week after the game’s launch. Full details are available here:"

If it wasn't clear until now, the North American version of P4U2 will work on all consoles. Not sure about the Japanese version.

Edited by Strife

If it wasn't clear until now, the North American version of P4U2 will work on all consoles. Not sure about the Japanese version.

Well, we'll find out eventually. Hopefully to no ones dismay.

Just got done playing ken at EVO. The dog has infinite actions without much cool down between; no highs or lows, can be de - summoned while in block stun, tag crashes when re-summoned and has a head charge, a rising tackle 2c thing, and two specials. One he spins around on the ground for lock down, the other he jumps up and falls down in a big wheel attack that also locks down and looks really good for oki.

He can't attack out of block stun like zappa.

Kens only grounded overhead is AOA which doesn't look very fast. He looks like he still has a lot of mixup potential with dog oki and falling/airdash mixup, and also left/right with dog attack into roll. Also dog attacks to cover up whiffed throws.

Not sure how much of this was already known.

Ken's AOA looks like it's got some good range though.

Yeah it has a great horizontal hit box. His 5B is really good, and his j. B has a good cross up hit box. The guy who play tested said his average damage with dog out is high too, like 2500 off 5a/2a confirms.

His 2B is a little slow, but has a big hit box. It's actually two hits, and the first one hits low. His 2AB is hop cancellable too. The reduction in recovery on hops is really noticeable.

Yeah it has a great horizontal hit box. His 5B is really good, and his j. B has a good cross up hit box. The guy who play tested said his average damage with dog out is high too, like 2500 off 5a/2a confirms.

His 2B is a little slow, but has a big hit box. It's actually two hits, and the first one hits low. His 2AB is hop cancellable too. The reduction in recovery on hops is really noticeable.

if u do hop after sweep is the next hit like a ja or jb an over head?

if u do hop after sweep is the next hit like a ja or jb an over head?

No, that's system-wide. If you hop cancel into an air normal, it's no longer overhead.

Ken questions:

What does his ground throw do? Any way to combo after? On CH? Same question for his airthrow.

What normals are jump cancelable on hit/block?

Ken questions:

What does his ground throw do? Any way to combo after? On CH? Same question for his airthrow.

What normals are jump cancelable on hit/block?

I don't remember the exact animation, but you can combo after for good damage, especially with the dog out. The bnb one of the play testers showed me seemed solid. Almost none of his normals were jump cancellable, but a few were hop cancellable. His game seems less mix up heavy and more like just super pressure heavy. The range on his normals and the hop cancels combined with the dog seems like he'll be able to stay on offense for an extremely long time once he gets the right opportunity. That with throws and jump/roll cross ups seems like his game.

He only has like 5 ground normals, his c and D buttons are all persona/dog. He has an air command normal j. 2B that spikes them down which should make for easier air to air confirms.

His other specials were a persona attack mainly used for combos, and a persona move that heals the dog, looks like yukiko's dp.

I'll check the jump cancel thing today at the booth to make sure. I also forgot to see if he has any SB dog moves.

Is there anything on Rise and/or S.Rise that we could know about from anyone's experience at EVO?

What would you like to know?

Thanks for the info. In one of the clips I saw Koromaru do an EX version of the flying wheel thing, so probably has EX of ground spin too.