Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I absolutely hated the Striptease theme in P4, but damn is it a good fit in this game.

Taking a quick break from watching at the moment. Was most interested in Labrys/SR Labrys and Rise, and saw a good amount of both. Nothing really new on Labrys here, but SR was nice to see. Rise is looking pretty fun. Didn't see anyone make any use of her notes at all. They seemed to have some potential in corner pressure...maybe not?

^ rrsquared was the one playin labrys and shadow labrys. That entire time he played nobody seemed to be able to challenge him untill Grant came with kanji so I dont think its safe to assume right away. We might not find it for awhile

Well, I was referring to arcade footage when I said there wasn't much new. Is her new winch dash follow-up safe on block by the way?

Also, that satellite super Rise has seems interesting. It looks like the satellites will either surround her or surround the opponent and...do something. The one time I saw that version it was blocked. Does the version used have depend on whether the opponent has been hit by that lock-on scan move or not, or is it just different based on the button pressed?

Top 8's going on in Mad Catz's Twitch stream. Recent highlights include the death of BananAmerica due to Stunedge (or Ho-chan, as he wants to be called now).

Stream has just confirmed that Ultimax TE2 is coming to America, hopefully with the Shadow faceplate intact.

Top 8's going on in Mad Catz's Twitch stream. Recent highlights include the death of BananAmerica due to Stunedge (or Ho-chan, as he wants to be called now).

Stream has just confirmed that Ultimax TE2 is coming to America, hopefully with the Shadow faceplate intact.

That's fantastic news. I was looking at importing it, but if its coming stateside then I am really pleased. Thanks for the update!

Shadow Naoto: How many bullets did I just see?

5, plus one persona shot (as long as not persona-broken), same as regular Naoto. Or did you mean the Shadow Berserk combo with the looped supers?

Some notes from watching (if it's allowed, I can start and run Ken's sub-forum....), starting with Ken:

- DP > Thunder Reign is a good left-right cross-up but because of the timing on Ken's DP, watch it or you'll eat a Fatal Recovery starter from Thunder Reign.

- DP damage: 1050; Pierce super: 3650 (non-awakened opponents, just throwing out the numbers for confirmation).

- 236A/B -- Fatal Recovery?

- Cannot burst when Koromaru is KO'd, making smart Mediarama usage a key part of his gameplan

-Maragidyne/Fire Breath -- easy whiff, does control space well (it's probably possible to superjump it but start-up is so fast you may only have time to block).

Rise:

- I heard people figured out her tech later last night and one guy was running 5k combos. Alas, I missed it.

- Shields seem to be pretty useless; better Rises aren't using them.

- DP is Fatal Recovery and a guaranteed Fatal starter for anyone who doesn't walk into it (... which should be just about everybody). Very long active frames (possibly longer than Yosuke's?), so don't mash it unless you know you're going to get the lightening follow-up and avoid the fatal.

- Satellite super: seemed to do 500-800 damage for each bomb. Bomb hit boxes can be destroyed before activating (? pretty sure I saw an opponent take them out). As with Yukari, careful positioning and technical skill is going to be key.

- Great pressure tools, not so great defence. Get those scans and make them count.

Obviously, we need confirms from actual players, but I think we've started getting a good idea of what the non-arcade characters are capable of, their strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Also, Stunedge was going as Ho-chan last year, I think. I always knew of him as Stunedge but he registered for Evo 2013 as Ho-chan ... I think that's been his name of choice for a good while but maybe something got lost in translation.

5, plus one persona shot (as long as not persona-broken), same as regular Naoto. Or did you mean the Shadow Berserk combo with the looped supers?

The looped supers

More like Trigger Happy Naoto

These guys are killing me with Mass Destruction. Is it me or does Ken's Awakened Super do poor damage?

If the damage was low, that probably because Koro was down when he used it.

I think it whiffed. Or at least I saw a lot of whiffs, as that thing does great damage but is relatively slow. Can you do that super without Koromaru?

Confirmed that Fire Breath can be superjumped if you're at distance or already in the air.

The looped supers

More like Trigger Happy Naoto

It's like Lambda's "use every sword move" trophy all over again.... Which makes me wonder if we'll get trophies like that in P4AU (Mitsuru gets Jin's freeze requirements, Naoto has to use every type of gunshot, etc.).

Man, everyone is picking S Naoto. Lets see some Ken or Rise.

Lots of Ken earlier. Rise... I saw once or twice today, lots of her yesterday.

I'm trying to calculate Ken's health, actually. Unless someone has confirmation on the number, which would be awesome.

I think it whiffed. Or at least I saw a lot of whiffs, as that thing does great damage but is relatively slow. Can you do that super without Koromaru?

Confirmed that Fire Breath can be superjumped if you're at distance or already in the air.

You can do it without Koromaru, but only one spear will be thrown, and it doesn't do much damage-wise.

Stream is kind of lame at the moment. S. Naoto for almost an hour, then a 30 minute Kanji break, now the S Naoto guy is back...sigh...

You can do it without Koromaru, but only one spear will be thrown, and it doesn't do much damage-wise.

Thanks for the correction. I'd heard otherwise.

Due to Atlus's stream quality reverting to dial-up days, I couldn't catch everything in the Yukari-Shadow Ken match, but I'm pegging his HP at 9,500. 9000 does seem to be the minimum, though, as in Awakening, I saw Ken take 3046 damage and survive; if 9,000 is correct, his Awakened HP would be (at max) 3150... but the complication is that Ken wasn't at magic pixel status when I caught that number (my notes read "3046 = still alive in Awk"), hence my thinking his HP is actually 9,500. Or the simple solution: despite breaking out the calculator, my notes are useless. He's definitely not in the 8,500 group, so there's that, in case anyone else is as interested in Ken as I am.

ETA: Were people picking Shadow Aigis because they don't know the new tech? Because Shadow Aigis looks like a strong candidate for Worst Character. God, that old autocombo ... I will not miss you. Lots of Orion whiffs too.

Jesus, the Ken MU looks brutal for Kanji. One wrong guess and you'll never get him off you

ETA: Were people picking Shadow Aigis because they don't know the new tech? Because Shadow Aigis looks like a strong candidate for Worst Character. God, that old autocombo ... I will not miss you. Lots of Orion whiffs too.

Personal candidate is still Shadow Yukiko. Then again, I haven't seen any Shadow (normal) Labrys yet, so who knows.

There should be a system for differentiating between Shadow Normal Labrys and Shabrys.

Personal candidate is still Shadow Yukiko. Then again, I haven't seen any Shadow (normal) Labrys yet, so who knows.

There should be a system for differentiating between Shadow Normal Labrys and Shabrys.

rrsquared played both Labrys and SR Labrys last night; took quite a few matches with them too. That said, he only picked SRL a few times, and didn't really do anything with berserk when he did pick her. As for a system...someone started referring to them as regular and shadow regular and it stuck with me.