Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Mad Catz stream has started. Wonder what they'll be showing off.

Oh boy. Nanako  is one of the people saying the title in Ultimax. Normally, that's reserved for playable characters...

Mad Catz stream has started. Wonder what they'll be showing off.

Oh boy. Nanako  is one of the people saying the title in Ultimax. Normally, that's reserved for playable characters...

now we wait for Dojima. Then Margaret. Then Kurosawa... lol

I was wrong: Ken can burst even if Koromaru is KO'd.

Seems like his two Fatal Recovery moves are Thunder Reign and the pole vault.

I was wrong: Ken can burst even if Koromaru is KO'd.

Seems like his two Fatal Recovery moves are Thunder Reign and the pole vault.

the latter is his all out attack overhead I believe.

Any Adachi info yet? I really hope he has a move where he stomps people like Terumi.

Atlus stream has ended, but Mad Catz is still streaming.

I'm loving this tournament. I think my favorite moment has to be Junpei vs Kanji. That fight as al on it's own very awesome to see a Junpei actually kick ass.

First ever perfect SB dance super. 5960 damage.

Doesn't look like Rise's "surround the opponent" Risette Field is an SB super. Might be the D version.

I think they just teased another DLC character...

First ever perfect SB dance super. 5960 damage.

Doesn't look like Rise's "surround the opponent" Risette Field is an SB super. Might be the D version.

I think they just teased another DLC character...

That version of Risette Field happens when the opponent is scanned.

more DLC just confirmed, inb4 Nanako lmfao.

Anyway glad to finally see some decent Ken play, looks a little bit more boring than I originally thought, seems like everyone is just auto comboing into that Kala-Nemi ender and finishing with a random Koro attack. I hope he turns out to be more fun as he develops.

Well, it's day one Ken for a lot of people. Could you have expected more?

Yes. Day 2 Rises and Shos are actually pulling off some sick stuff, Ken's the only who seems stuck on the "Auto combo into dog" mindset.

Ken looks straight up difficult to zone. Either Koromaru takes the shot for him and he gets to reel the opponent in or he just pokes them from across the screen anyway. :vbang:

Ken definitely looks good. That Koro ground spin looks like it can be used for oki setups. I wonder if you can use his stab-pull special for full screen punishes.

Confirmed: Ken's health is 9,500. Source: my own calculations during the round Ken lost to Junpei. AoA is indeed the Fatal Recovery (probably to compensate for the range), but, as we saw, Koromaru can cover during recovery.

Not at all surprised that Ho-chan went with Rise, as if anyone is going to figure out how to create corner lockdowns and juggles using her projectiles, it's going to be him.

I still think Shadow Aigis is the worst character in the game. Terrible auto-combo (at least compared to the new one), reduced damage, supers that don't lend themselves into Shadow Berserk chains, and, y'know, Orgia is still limited.

One DLC character announced and "more to come," Yu says. This ... is news, and not necessarily the good kind. Either the character assumed to be unlocked via story mode is going to be playable only as DLC or there's yet another newcomer. (Fuuka? Uh. Who else is left?) The former will enrage the fan base; the latter is confusing. Or Yu misspoke. Kinda hoping it's that third option.

One DLC character announced and "more to come," Yu says. This ... is news, and not necessarily the good kind. Either the character assumed to be unlocked via story mode is going to be playable only as DLC or there's yet another newcomer. (Fuuka? Uh. Who else is left?) The former will enrage the fan base; the latter is confusing. Or Yu misspoke. Kinda hoping it's that third option.

Aww, why not? I mean, I'm sure it'll lead to some issues in the long run, what with updates, complaints and all that jazz, but just ONE more character wouldn't hurt, don't you think? :D

Besides, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a character people requested like crazy. Someone like Theodore, Fuuka...or quite possibly Makoto (whom you might unlock beating story mode, similar to Kagura's case from BBCP). If it's FeMC (Shinjiro or just somebody else REALLY unexpected) I am going to scream.

I think they gave us a hint through one of the title callers at the beginning of the stream. Can't say it's a voice I've heard enough to confirm, but people in the chat thought it was Nanako, and going off of last game, only playable characters get the honor to say the game's title at the start screen. Could be wrong, though.

I think they gave us a hint through one of the title callers at the beginning of the stream. Can't say it's a voice I've heard enough to confirm, but people in the chat thought it was Nanako, and going off of last game, only playable characters get the honor to say the game's title at the start screen. Could be wrong, though.

Probably just for lols, she's been a navigator anyways.

Rise corner lockdown is so reminiscent of Dizzy and I-No. She's so enticing to pick up as a sub (sorry mixedmethods ;( )

...Or he wasn't actually talking about another new P4AU character.

Any Adachi info yet? I really hope he has a move where he stomps people like Terumi.

Adachi won't even be playable in the build the Atlus Japan P4AU tour will be using starting on July 19 and ending on August 17, so it'll probably be a while before we see or hear more of him.