Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Impressions:

Mitsuru is about the same, her pressure is safer for her, but not her persona. Coup isn't as scary anymore and it's easier to punish her 5a on whiff with an iad.

Hmm, this stuck out for me. How is it easier to punish Mitsuru's 5A compared to P4A? In P4A her 5A has 21F of recovery and in P4AU her 5A has 19F of recovery, so I assumed it would be slightly harder to punish or be basically the same as P4A. Things that could punish it before would either not punish it anymore or it's basically the same.

Good...this is what I was hoping to hear.

Hopefully some Yukiko players can play around with S. Yukiko in training and discover how broken she can be lol

Worse autocoombo, no Burst, no easy unblockables, and no really powerful Berserk combos to make up for it aside from getting Fire Amps. Shadow Yukiko isn't good, her only real advantage is easier access to Vermillion Bird and constant access to Maragidyne. Yes, her damage can beat normal Yukiko, but she practically has to go through Shadow Berserk once first.

Hmm, this stuck out for me. How is it easier to punish Mitsuru's 5A compared to P4A? In P4A her 5A has 21F of recovery and in P4AU her 5A has 19F of recovery, so I assumed it would be slightly harder to punish or be basically the same as P4A. Things that could punish it before would either not punish it anymore or it's basically the same.

It felt easier.

Could be the added frame of start up that makes it easier to see and approach on a subconscious level. Could be my change of character. Either way I was able to see it whiff and iad in for a punish successfully without paying added attention to if it whiffed or not.

Worse autocoombo, no Burst, no easy unblockables, and no really powerful Berserk combos to make up for it aside from getting Fire Amps. Shadow Yukiko isn't good, her only real advantage is easier access to Vermillion Bird and constant access to Maragidyne. Yes, her damage can beat normal Yukiko, but she practically has to go through Shadow Berserk once first.

...like I said, we'll just have to go to Training mode and see what she can do. Plain and simple as that.

It's tiiiiiiiime for my second set of notes, fresh from EVO! I tried to cover what I could, and I'll be expanding on the combo paths I talked about with the Atlus representatives on site as well at a later point. For now though, I'm exhausted. Time for some sleeeeeeep~

http://pastebin.com/w0UbdH0c

It's tiiiiiiiime for my second set of notes, fresh from EVO! I tried to cover what I could, and I'll be expanding on the combo paths I talked about with the Atlus representatives on site as well at a later point. For now though, I'm exhausted. Time for some sleeeeeeep~

http://pastebin.com/w0UbdH0c

Kyoko Kirigiri color (DanganRonpa reference) is too damn stronk.

Seriously? That's amazing.

Kyoko Kirigiri color (DanganRonpa reference)

Why not Naegi, though?

Also, a few notes on Aigis since I was able to test her out a little.

222C is indeed Aigis' old 2C. It's still fairly situational, and not all that useful.

Orgia dash j.5B>66>j.5B is indeed a true blockstring (lol)

And some generic system changes

Sweeps now have chest invuln across the board. This means low profiling Mitsuru's 5A shouldn't be exclusive to just Chie like it was in vanilla.

AoA mid combo makes combos turn invalid much quicker now, to the point where you can tech in the air if hit with, say...the typical Aigis BnB into super off of Megido>AoA. Raw AoA hitting anti air is unaffected, however.

Also, it's probably not ACTUALLY a Kyoko reference, but it's really damn close to one. The only difference I could tell was in the eye color, everything else was spot on.

Sweeps now have chest invuln across the board. This means low profiling Mitsuru's 5A shouldn't be exclusive to just Chie like it was in vanilla.

I believe most characters' sweeps could low profile Mitsuru's 5A in vanilla.

No just Chie and Yosuke iirc.

AoA mid combo makes combos turn invalid much quicker now, to the point where you can tech in the air if hit with, say...the typical Aigis BnB into super off of Megido>AoA. Raw AoA hitting anti air is unaffected, however.

Is this an AoA problem, period or is it people not knowing that the number of hits to get the fatal ender off an AoA varies by character now?

It varies by character? I thought that C ender was always fatal and that D ender needed 17 AoA hits to fatal.

I've heard both and seen both in frame data. According to the Wiki frame data, 17 hits + D is always fatal, but Yosuke can get fatal with 17 hits + C, while Aigis only needs 15. And I heard Omex say AoAs are now variable by character. Don't know if this changed post-1.1.

I've heard both and seen both in frame data. According to the Wiki frame data, 17 hits + D is always fatal, but Yosuke can get fatal with 17 hits + C, while Aigis only needs 15. And I heard Omex say AoAs are now variable by character. Don't know if this changed post-1.1.

Oh man no :(

15 hits + C or D is already hard.

If you use C ender AOA will always fatal. D ender you need the 18 hits. I think he's talking about how Aigis uses AOA to get spear after C Megido. You don't really see it much anymore so I assumed proration makes it so they tech out too soon for the bigger combos.

Also a number of sweeps would go under Mitsuru's stuff, it just was so specific you never ever saw it, hence the universal sweep buff.

Is this an AoA problem, period or is it people not knowing that the number of hits to get the fatal ender off an AoA varies by character now?

No, it's an intentional nerf to hitting aerial opponents mid combo with AoA. This was mainly done because of Chie doing blender oki off of it super easy, if the Atlus rep is to be believed.

Speaking of AoAs, the ones the new characters have looks quite interesting.

Ken's looks really impractical to use, but I'm really liking Rise's, Junpei's and especially Yukari's AoA.

Forgive me for asking this question, but does Personaless Sho have an AoA? I don't think I ever got to see one. Also, could Minazuki's AoA work in the corner?