Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I think at worst the Japanese version will simply lack full dual-audio, meaning it would only have dual-audio for battle voices like every BB since CS1, and only have Japanese text.

It'd be even weirder if that version was the Japanese version. There should be no reason for that one, specifically, to be locked. I don't like how we still don't have a concrete answer and how Atlus USA has announced the official release date for Persona Q when there still isn't one for P4AU, but region locking the JPN version would be crazy.

This has been bothering me a lot lately. We're less than a month from JP release and still no concrete NA release date. I'm already bracing myself for a delay.

As for the JP copy being region locked or not, everything about this is pretty strange. Usually, the people localizing get their info on features like this from the original Japanese developers and the info should apply to both versions of the game by default unless one of them intentionally changes how it works specifically for a given region. So it's pretty weird that Atlus USA can only comment on the NA version in terms of region lock. Well, guess we'll see what happens. Can't really assume anything from what we've heard so far.

I've been seeing everywhere that the game's NA release date is September 30, 2014. I don't know if that's the official release date, but that's the only date I've been able to find.

Pretty much every retail site has it listed at September 30th but pretty much all the official stuff from Atlus themselves, including the english trailers they released last week, only say Fall 2014.

Same I went to pre-order my copy at gamestop and it also said 30th 

August 28th, 6980 yen for the hard copy. Not sure of the digital price.

Dummy question: Has anyone ever uploaded a picture of Yukari's color palette? I can't seem to find them anywhere via google, and they aren't linked in her character forum.

Dummy question: Has anyone ever uploaded a picture of Yukari's color palette? I can't seem to find them anywhere via google, and they aren't linked in her character forum.

Here's a video showing the colors: http://youtu.be/oh5Zgqj9JgU

Marie will be free the first week after launch in NA, along with Adachi.

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/persona-4-arena-ultimax-marie-dlc-confirmed-free-first-week-launch

Hmm, then it's possible that Marie will be released sometime after the Japanese launch since this isn't offered for purchasing the Japanese version as far as I know. I suppose this is some incentive to get people to not import the game as well. I just wish we had a release date.

Me gusta.

Now watch me as Amazon ships my copy a week late and I miss both of them...

Can't you download it off psn separately ahead of time or is it in game? The former might be my only option. Did I do that with Skullgirls or something?

Can't you download it off psn separately ahead of time or is it in game? The former might be my only option. Did I do that with Skullgirls or something?

That does sound like a possibility, no harm in giving it a try I suppose.

I know that feel bro . . . let's buy digital :D

If I'm to buy a game, I'd much rather have a physical copy if possible so no thanks :P

To be clear, one does not need to own the game, physically or otherwise, to download the free DLC characters. You just need to go on PSN/XBL during the period of time they're free on those services, and download them, whether or not you own the game, and you're good.

Source

Hooray. Why is it that ATLUS can do this yet ASW never does? This is the best way to handle character DLC and makes basically everyone happy (minus the people who hate the character in question but details).

Oh well, good news is good news. I was interested in Marie anyway and this way is much easier on my wallet. I might just pay for some palettes or glasses DLC out of good will because of this. See what happens when you treat your customers well?

To be clear, one does not need to own the game, physically or otherwise, to download the free DLC characters. You just need to go on PSN/XBL during the period of time they're free on those services, and download them, whether or not you own the game, and you're good.

Source

Thanks. Pretty much my gameplan.

Yeah just to confirm this, you CAN get dlc for a game without having the game. I downloaded free DLC for Tokyo Jungle and PSASBR long before I had either of the games. 

Anyway, on the topic of Marie,  the article noted that Marie will have abilities that  “control and immobilize opponents". Now it's safe to say that immobilize is stun aliment, but I'm really curious as to what they mean by "control."

She'll also have  “game-changing items”  and it's safe to assume that they'll be random like Faust or Platinum's items. 

Yeah just to confirm this, you CAN get dlc for a game without having the game. I downloaded free DLC for Tokyo Jungle and PSASBR long before I had either of the games. 

Anyway, on the topic of Marie,  the article noted that Marie will have abilities that  “control and immobilize opponents". Now it's safe to say that immobilize is stun aliment, but I'm really curious as to what they mean by "control."

She'll also have  “game-changing items”  and it's safe to assume that they'll be random like Faust or Platinum's items. 

Another Kuma?

Oh hell no!